BACC - Need For Speed (Better Arcade Chaser Camera) for CSP

Misc BACC - Need For Speed (Better Arcade Chaser Camera) for CSP 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
aliex85 submitted a new resource:

BACC - Need For Speed (Better Arcade Chaser Camera) for CSP - Similar to Need For Speed. High sense of speed

Here we are, the last but not least BACC Mod, inspired by Need For Speed (Underground 2).
With this camera, you'll have all the crazy NFS movement with high sensation of speed.

Here are some characteristics:
  • dynamic FOV
  • Acceleration/braking kick
  • Lateral rotation
  • horizontal and vertical shift
  • camera inclination (like Undeground 2)
  • High stability, also at high speeds

Install Instructions:
Automatic -...

Read more about this resource...

That looks awesome. I have two questions...

1)Which track is this that you're driving on? Looks nice.

2)Can this high sense of speed effect be applied when using cockpit view? If not, is there another app that does this in cockpit view? I've always found the sense of speed in cockpit view to be lacking :(

That looks awesome. I have two questions...

1)Which track is this that you're driving on? Looks nice.

2)Can this high sense of speed effect be applied when using cockpit view? If not, is there another app that does this in cockpit view? I've always found the sense of speed in cockpit view to be lacking :(
Thank you!

1) the track is named Bannochbrae

2) This mod affect only the Chaser Camera option in CSP.

If you want to have high sense of speed in cockpit view, you should go in Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> View & UI and modify the Camera settings. Mine are:
- Field of view 65°
- Lock onboard camera to horizon ON
- Glancing speed 5%
- Glancing angle 60°
- High speed shaking 40%

Then, in Settings -> Custom Shader Patch -> Neck FX and make it Active.
Here it is a screenshot of my settings, hope it can help :)

Neck FX.png

Hey aliex85,

I tried the FH camera as per your suggestion on my NFS camera review, and so far it seems to have the same issue as the NFS camera. Just like the NFS cam on SRP, the FH is very loose and seems to heavily overreact.

To try to visualize it in words, there are times during normal strait line driving where the camera is either far off to the side of my car, or the car is entirely out of view. It also seems to react poorly in a crash, throwing itself around and clipping through objects farther out than it should be reaching. I will try to get a video up to show what I am talking about here shortly, but I just wanted to let you know just in case you have seen this issue before or know of a fix for it. Thanks for any help in advance.

I have a video showing the issue I'm experiencing. Keep in mind, this is using the FH camera, but the same issue is present on the NFS camera as well.

Oh yes, that bug... try to start the gameplay from Shibaura PA Traffic layout for SRP and for the option Start from: select Pits.
Fortunately, that bug, occurs only on few tracks. Starting the race from Pits should solve the problem.

Last edited:
aliex85 updated BACC - Need For Speed (Better Arcade Chaser Camera) for CSP with a new update entry:

Reduced dynamic FOV flickering

Yeeeah, my new computer has arrived, now it's time to get to work!
In this new version of BACC NFS I finally found a way to reduce the annoying flicker due to the dynamic FOV.
I've also made some small improvements to the camera behavior.
Have fun!

Thanks to:
Khaled Ghuloum
Dorian Pauselli
Jean-Baptiste Blondeau
Kaiss Ourradi

Read the rest of this update entry...

This one is excellent. I though the more rigid GT camera would fit me but the side force shifting in this gives a much better sense of precision. FOV, zoom, everything is spot on.

I can finally play AC with a chaser cam. It's a riot with NFS4 track conversions.

Top job.

Hi @aliex85 ,
Awesome work there! The other scripts that come with csp weren't really my thing but yours feels very similar to need for speed etc! :)

One question before I'll write my 5 stars review tonight:
Can the dynamic distance to the car be reduced?
The whole story is written below but in short I'd like to keep the camera closer to the car at higher speeds and put it a bit further away at still stand.

Story:
I wanted to have even more sense of speed so I reduced the base fov to 45 and raised the dynamic fov coefficient from 0.16 (iirc) to 0.9.

I then had to move the chase cam quite a lot closer when standing still, but I like it overall.
You can see it in my video attached at the bottom.

The camera isn't just changing the fov but also moves away with higher speeds, correct?
Could this be reduced? I didn't find anything making sense in the lua and couldn't read up about info about camera scripts in general yet.

Here's the video:

Hi @aliex85 ,
Awesome work there! The other scripts that come with csp weren't really my thing but yours feels very similar to need for speed etc! :)

One question before I'll write my 5 stars review tonight:
Can the dynamic distance to the car be reduced?
The whole story is written below but in short I'd like to keep the camera closer to the car at higher speeds and put it a bit further away at still stand.

Story:
I wanted to have even more sense of speed so I reduced the base fov to 45 and raised the dynamic fov coefficient from 0.16 (iirc) to 0.9.

I then had to move the chase cam quite a lot closer when standing still, but I like it overall.
You can see it in my video attached at the bottom.

The camera isn't just changing the fov but also moves away with higher speeds, correct?
Could this be reduced? I didn't find anything making sense in the lua and couldn't read up about info about camera scripts in general yet.

Here's the video:
Hi Rasmus, thank you!
I think your problem is mainly due to the fact that you're using an ultra-wide monitor, and this causes an increase in the FOV, but don't give up!
My MOD do not include increasing distance, the problem is that if you increase the FOV, the car will look inevitably far away. I advise you to take the base fov to 60 and lower the FOV coefficient to 0.4.
In the next update I will include a dynamic FOV limiter and minor tweaks that may fix your problem... Plus I will post a new unbound chase cam :)

Hi Rasmus, thank you!
I think your problem is mainly due to the fact that you're using an ultra-wide monitor, and this causes an increase in the FOV, but don't give up!
My MOD do not include increasing distance, the problem is that if you increase the FOV, the car will look inevitably far away. I advise you to take the base fov to 60 and lower the FOV coefficient to 0.4.
In the next update I will include a dynamic FOV limiter and minor tweaks that may fix your problem... Plus I will post a new unbound chase cam :)
Hi, thanks for the reply!

Are you sure that there's no dynamic distance in the general part of the csp chase cam that you just didn't edit?
I had a short glance at the sdk part with all the code explanations..

Anyway, if you're right that the distance doesn't change and that it's only the fov:
I'd like to have the fov changing even more, I love this effect (the driving suffers, but I love it just for boosting around with some crazy cars haha).
I'd probably need a negative distance effect then, that keeps the visual distance to the car within a smaller range although the massively higher fov makes it appear way further away :D

Don't bother too much about my special needs though. I'll have an in depth look during my next holidays.
Your script already makes me very happy and sparked a new flame.
Thank you very much for that! Your nfs underground video is awesome :)

Thank you!

1) the track is named Bannochbrae

2) This mod affect only the Chaser Camera option in CSP.

If you want to have high sense of speed in cockpit view, you should go in Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> View & UI and modify the Camera settings. Mine are:
- Field of view 65°
- Lock onboard camera to horizon ON
- Glancing speed 5%
- Glancing angle 60°
- High speed shaking 40%

Then, in Settings -> Custom Shader Patch -> Neck FX and make it Active.
Here it is a screenshot of my settings, hope it can help :)

View attachment 554042
how do you have those extra settings i need a script in neck fx before seeing those new settings

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 122 56.5%