Tracks Barber Motorsports Park GP [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Barber Motorsports Park GP - Fictional Texture and Design Update

Hi Guys

Most of you will know this track as Barber Motorsports Park or Birningham Gp.

This is a project that I've being wanting to do for some time now and finally had the time to complete the track.

This is Barber Motorsports Park with a bit of a twist. I've always liked the feel of the track but never particularly liked the setting that it's in.

So I decided to give this track a face lift by giving it a bit more of a European feel with all the high rising trees, darker tarmac, new...

Read more about this resource...

This is a copy of Patrick Giranthon Barber with some texture changes, with no permission to use this work.

"Special thanks to Patrick Giranthon for all the hard work he has put into AMS for us.
Here I've used his settings to add dynamic track and some other settings here and there."

No... you didn't use his settings to add anything you copied the original work 100%

If you want to thank him, don't steal his effort and call it your own.

You should remove this.

This is a copy of Patrick Giranthon Barber with some texture changes, with no permission to use this work.

"Special thanks to Patrick Giranthon for all the hard work he has put into AMS for us.
Here I've used his settings to add dynamic track and some other settings here and there."

No... you didn't use his settings to add anything you copied the original work 100%

If you want to thank him, don't steal his effort and call it your own.

You should remove this.

Hi there

What I've said is true and correct.

Not only a few textures have being changed like you say, every single texture has being worked on or replaced.

The two tracks are totally different.

Buildings, grass, tarmac, amco barriers and so much more has being replaced. Even new rumble strips, new building windows, different, trees, grass and forest textures, all of this is new. Not to mention down to the smaller things like the little green toilet cubicles around the track have being changed. The only that was used used of his are his file settings like the SCN, GBD files.

Test both tracks and you will see there is a massive difference between the two.

Test both tracks and you will see there is a massive difference between the two.

The point is its not your work to upload.

The textures are not true to life in any way.

Barber doesn't have red/white curbs , never mind that you have broken the worn curb shader feature by duplicating the T1 texture.

You removed the main track texture that has tarmac seams as in the real circuit.

And other than swapping out a few adverts, the other textures you modded are the same ones only a bit darker.

If you want to post your texture changes, go ahead.

Remove the full track download, its not your work.

The point is its not your work to upload.

The textures are not true to life in any way.

Barber doesn't have red/white curbs , never mind that you have broken the worn curb shader feature by duplicating the T1 texture.

You removed the main track texture that has tarmac seams as in the real circuit.

And other than swapping out a few adverts, the other textures you modded are the same ones only a bit darker.

If you want to post your texture changes, go ahead.

Remove the full track download, its not your work.

I have tried to contact Patrick and also the original creator of this track where Patrick got it from.
Patrick last activity on RD was on the 13th of Feb. I have sent a mail with all the changes that have being made to the track and for his permissions.

If he has a problem with the changes I've made then we can take it further.

As for all the changes this is something I did for myself and have clearly stated that I have made these changes. Then those textures which I kept and are very few are not just darker, here I've reworked the textures and then made them darker. I think there's only one advert which I've kept and even this has being reworked. As for the rest of the textures that are the same these are all default one's which can be found in Reiza's commonmaps or GSCE one's such as lights, glow and those type of textures.

What I can also do is put a link to his original track so that people can see the difference between the the two.
This track is not here to replace his, this is something I did is more to my liking.

Last edited:
ClimaxF1, what you offer here is totally superfluous and needs no one but you, imho.I hope you do not get on with your outrageous art here.

I agree, this is probably not for everyone here. This is something I tried for myself. Everyone has their own taste and if it's not for you, then that's fine by me.

You be happy to know the next few uploads will be very accurate as some are requests and Will be more set according to GT3 cars with all the new track ads and other changes that will be made.

Hi Guys

Just to clear the air and stop any further confusion.

Patrick Giranthon has replied to my mail and has happily given me permission to use the track.

I have also edited the main page where I do mention a thank you and the permission received by him.

Regards

ClimaxF1
Umberto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements