Bash Pro - Active H-pattern shifter - Experience/reviews?

Anybody tried the new Bash Pro shifter?

Yes, it costs about two kidneys, but it sure looks like an amazingly immersive piece of equipment for driving manual/classic cars. I was on the waiting list as number 110ish or there abouts, and just got the mail that it was my turn, so hopefully I'll get it soon, but given that there are at least 100+ of these out there, and that its such a new approach to the sim h-pattern shifter, I'm wondering why there are no reviews on YT or forums. All I've seen is a "preview" by the youtuber Race Beyond Matter, but else its very quiet... So was wondering if anybody here had gotten one yet and had experiences to share?

Last edited:
Got this a few days ago. And it’s fantastic! Gear action is very mechanical and “raw”, just like I like it. Satisfying “clunk” when shifting gears. Ideally it would be a tad firmer, but it’s still the best I’ve tried.

The active locking part works perfectly. Dog box and synchro gearboxes are faithful modeled, and you can now rev match, heal and toe and in general get the same experience as in real life. Sequential mode is ok. Works as intended, but motion is fairly small and resistance is low. So this is not the best shifter for sequential use. Also had some issues with it taking a while and several reconnects before it would show up in SimHub. Hopefully an update to the plug-in will fix that.

No only hope iRacing drops sim manual cars again. In the meantime I’m enjoying 80s F-1 monsters in AMS2.

Do you have to install a modern version of Simhub for it to work or can you use and old version?
You will need the latest Simhub version and our plugin which you can download from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFVCOymDd16fjM5j0yIcv9Tagu68wd2J/view

This link is also in our online manual for the shifter itself as well as all installation instructions:

Please note we now are in the middle of finalizing the next batch of shifters and those will include a mounting plate as well now.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them here as well as our Discord.

I see a few opportunities for improvement:
  • The box is unattractive
  • Sequential mode could use a side-to-side restriction
  • It's noisy
  • Have 8 slots total, like the Fanatec shifter pattern, so reverse can be mapped on the other side of the box if desired
Despite my comments, only the lack of money in my bank account keeps me from ordering one!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 81 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%