Best way to try out VR?

I'd like to try VR, but I'm very sensitive to refresh rate. Low refresh/frame rates on a conventional monitor leave me dizzy long after gaming, so I'm hesitant to invest much in VR. Even in the CRT days I always used monitors with at least 85hz, anything less looks like a high speed slide show and leaves me dizzy. I'm currently using triples at 144hz/5760x1080.

Does refresh matter as much in VR? Is there anyone else out there who is sensitive to refresh rates but has successfully used VR?

I would buy a Rift S from Amazon especially if you are a 'Prime Member'. Try it and if don't like it, and the return is free. Be advised that the unit (or any VR headset really) may take some tweaking, however there are many resources and videos to get it working more smoothly than out of the box. I hopes this helps you.

• Deleted member 197115

What you describe is almost sure sign you are not VR compatible. But try it out, don't want to discourage you, if it works, it's a beautiful thing.

Funny, I'm the exact opposite. Low refresh rates and even low frame rates don't bother me and I even have difficulties telling.

VR for me died in the lack of sharpness. For racing it can be OK, but DCS without being able to read text on the instrument board? Nope.

Maybe the Rift S would not be the right one in this case due to it's relative low fps (80hz).

Believe most people have to slowly getting used to VR special in Sim racing!
Takes a few days with 5-10 minutes run at the time to get used to it.

Maybe try an arcade with VR.
Even where I live in the 3th world most shopping centers got Arcades with VR

• Deleted member 197115

My first reaction to VR was shock of how bad the image looks.
Now I just can't play racing titles on flat screen.
Took quite a bit of getting used to and tweaking before it got there. Still tweaking.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 489 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back