Better Ai - Single Seaters

Misc Better Ai - Single Seaters 0.8.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stig_F1 submitted a new resource:

Better Ai - Single Seaters - Constantly updated and expanded app with quicker + more precise AI for most AC tracks.

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing well.
This mod is a progressive mod, meaning although there's only one track in this moment, I'll add more and more, and if need be, will improve previous ones.

Installation requires a simple drag and drop into your AC root folder, and replacing the files it requests to.

Any reviews are appreciated, especially with feedback, further suggestions can be sent to me on discord Stig Schnitzel#8854
Here's a short...

Read more about this resource...

Hey love that you are doing this. your ai looks really fast over a single lap at monza and can use the kerbs better than I have been able to pull off.

"They will be a bit chaotic into the first corner, unknown whether that is patchable yet or not."

I can help with this. I have uploaded 30+ f1 ai mods for rss cars. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/max-kagan.422831/

what you will need to control ai behavior is a combination of sidelines using the AI helper app which can be found here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/

This will tell the ai to use more or less of the track in certain sections you define with the front tires. It allows them to go side by side better using more of the track/avoiding bad kerbs.

You will also need an ai_hints.ini folder in the tracks data folder if you need to further guide the ai preventing constant retirements.

Heres an example of what an ai_hints file can look like. This is for the redbull ring.

[BRAKEHINT_0]
START=0.0
END=0.0
VALUE=0.00

[HINT_0]
START=0.0
VALUE=1.0

[DANGER_0]
START=0.03
END=0.11
LEFT=1.0
RIGHT=1.0

[DANGER_1]
START=0.12
END=0.19
LEFT=1.5
RIGHT=1.0

[DANGER_2]
START=0.25
END=0.32
LEFT=0.5
RIGHT=0.5

[DANGER_3]
START=0.44
END=0.48
LEFT=0.5
RIGHT=0.5

[DANGER_4]
START=0.55
END=0.64
LEFT=1.0
RIGHT=1.0

[DANGER_5]
START=0.65
END=0.75
LEFT=0.5
RIGHT=0.5

[DANGER_6]
START=0.82
END=0.85
LEFT=0.5
RIGHT=0.5

[DANGER_7]
START=0.88
END=0.92
LEFT=0.5
RIGHT=0.5

Feel free to use sidelines I have made and use the hints files for help if you need them. Looking forward to seeing where this goes if you keep working on it.

Hey love that you are doing this. your ai looks really fast over a single lap at monza and can use the kerbs better than I have been able to pull off.

"They will be a bit chaotic into the first corner, unknown whether that is patchable yet or not."

I can help with this. I have uploaded 30+ f1 ai mods for rss cars. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/max-kagan.422831/

what you will need to control ai behavior is a combination of sidelines using the AI helper app which can be found here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/

This will tell the ai to use more or less of the track in certain sections you define with the front tires. It allows them to go side by side better using more of the track/avoiding bad kerbs.

You will also need an ai_hints.ini folder in the tracks data folder if you need to further guide the ai preventing constant retirements.

Heres an example of what an ai_hints file can look like. This is for the redbull ring.

Feel free to use sidelines I have made and use the hints files for help if you need them. Looking forward to seeing where this goes if you keep working on it.
Hey man, firstly I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out, and for your kind words regarding my mod. Pretty glad that it is patchable, for now I’ll try study what you’ve explained, while still pushing out more circuits, and once I’ve either released all, or most, I’ll start to patch the first few with the improvements.

Stig_F1 updated Better Ai - Single Seaters with a new update entry:

Update 0.8.2

Slightly exciting update this one! I've added Silverstone, along with "boundaries" files. Tweaked the ai hints file, and these things drive amazing on there. For now, it also says in the readme, hold the shift key everytime you're loading into Silverstone, currently not sure on a work-around. Reviews/comments/suggestions are always appreciated.

Read the rest of this update entry...

yeah sure, just throw me a link for the track
Thank you very much

the site:
https://********************************/
and the files:

you would help a lot of players because ia are not very realistic and are very slow in porsche curves

ah the link doesn't work for the site :thumbsdown:but if you want to go see it's reboot team

Last edited:
Thank you very much

the site:
and the files:

you would help a lot of players because ia are not very realistic and are very slow in porsche curves

ah the link doesn't work for the site :thumbsdown:but if you want to go see it's reboot team
Will work on it soon

Sorry everyone for the delay atm. Taking a fair bit to work not only with the lines, but the ai_hints.ini files, and the sidelines for tracks that need it. Will try to push further tracks out soon, thanks everyone :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.7%