ACC Blancpain GT @ Monza - Tue 6th Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Thank you for the race guys, and well done for an almost clean turn 1 :thumbsup:

1000 apologies @Tiago Gouveia for the crash and subsequent, I totally missed my braking point I think, tried to swerve away but it was just a bit too late :cry::notworthy:

Later on I had some brake issue, and on one of the Lesmo corners the car just did not brake for almost a second, and I just when to the gravel giving @Skinny712 an easy pass :O_o:

A bitter race for having caused a retirement, but good pleasure driving the curbs with a bit less fear.

And on Thursday we have a night race at Zolder, remember to sign up for that one!

Well...that was an interesting experience for sure... Qualified 17th, finished 6th. And certainly not because my driving was so amazing ;)

Also, let me say that the ACC HUD and especially the stupid chat window is absolutely horrible. Everything is so large and obnoxious and in your face. And whenever the chat window popped up (which I thought shouldn't even happen in RD races, that's why we're on TS, but today it seemed like it was the other way round), I lose almost half of my view out of the car (being on single screen with fairly narrow FOV), and it's highly annoying especially in right hand corners. Cost me quite a bit of time on multiple occasions and in some cases, I was very close to losing control completely.

Oh well. Thanks for the race nevertheless!

I was having a blast in 5th pulling away from the guy behind when some clown spun in front on me and rather than just wait decided to pull out and take me out on the exit of lesmo 2 got sever damage and that was it. So annoying.

Well...that was an interesting experience for sure... Qualified 17th, finished 6th. And certainly not because my driving was so amazing ;)

Also, let me say that the ACC HUD and especially the stupid chat window is absolutely horrible. Everything is so large and obnoxious and in your face. And whenever the chat window popped up (which I thought shouldn't even happen in RD races, that's why we're on TS, but today it seemed like it was the other way round), I lose almost half of my view out of the car (being on single screen with fairly narrow FOV), and it's highly annoying especially in right hand corners. Cost me quite a bit of time on multiple occasions and in some cases, I was very close to losing control completely.

Oh well. Thanks for the race nevertheless!

Thought I read somewhere that you can tweak the hud in a config file?

Also, remember that TS is not mandatory. So some will use chat.

Also, remember that TS is not mandatory. So some will use chat.
So TS is now officially not mandatory anymore, and using chat during the race is OK? I honestly had no idea. It's so confusing how it keeps changing constantly without there being a clear statement on how it's actually supposed to be. Sometimes staff seem to complain when people are not on TS, sometimes they don't seem to mind, now you're telling me TS is not mandatory at all and using chat is apparently fine...

But I guess it's good to know to not bother with TS if I don't feel like it (after all, it seems like half the time, it's just a distraction anyway nowadays due to people not being able to use push to talk and/or set up voice activation properly or yelling/complaining all the time). Though if it means people will be using chat during the race...

Well, whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
You can adjust the HUD scale in the options. Just make it smaller.
BTW, thank you for this. It's so much better at 75 % (even though it makes things like TC/ABS setting quite hard to read). I don't understand how I didn't notice the option, I was in that very menu just before the race, trying desperately to turn off the chat.

@Urlauber, I wanted to excuse myself for what could have been taken for a brake check on the lap 5-6...
Well, It definitly wasn't one, I was a bit too much focus on my mirror, and lost my brake point, braking 50 meter too soon :redface:. I saw you made a great job avoiding me, but it causes you some time. In short, sorry fot that!.

Thx for the race,
See you next!

I thought it will be a great race...than....NOT! Yelow Mercedes 84 ruined everything I was believing on that race. On next RD event I will think twice before joining in :(

First podium finish in RD races with good crowd ever so have to be happy for that! The race itself was quite uneventful for me as I got fifth in the start and could only overtake guys in front of me because they spun. I was able to stay ~1 second behind guys in front for few laps but couldn't get any closer. Also difference to guys behind grew already in the first lap so no one coming from that direction either.

I have now raced in RD events for few weeks and I haven't experienced any clear intentional reckless driving - or I have been very lucky as I normally race in the middle of the pack. Of course there has been some incidents but those are happening after all as we are not all pros in driving. Anyways lets hope it stays that way and I think constructive feedback is way to go if there are clear incidents where this should be given. At least I'm hoping to hear and learn from these if I do something stupid in races.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 97 71.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 28 20.7%