BLM Lights

Apps BLM Lights 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
join this discord: https://discord.gg/2NCVWvk
then use this link: https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/453595062299918337/515040969020669954
track configs are ini files; when lucky, you dont need to make a extra kn5
blender-editor4.jpg

I really hate asking for peoples help, I am supposed to be a competent person, but.... I am having real problems now with BMLights I cannot get the app to display on the screen at all now. I have tried reinstalling etc.etc. All that happens is that a message appears to the far left of my screen (the right hand part of BMLights I think (info about the app"?) this stays there a few seconds then disappears. After that nothing happens on any track when I click the App button. It actually worked once this morning for Circuit de Sarth (although lights didn't work") The next time I tried - nothing. It is almost as if the app is displaying off screen somewhere as if the coordinates at which it displays have been corrupted. Every track with lights works even Valencia (superb) except Brands Hatch and Circuit de Sarth 91 (I know it has nearly 200 lights, I have had it working once) . Brands lights work if I use a previous set of lighting configs with less lights. It is so haphazard I am at a loss.
Damn! I was right. The coordinates in CM Settings were minus! I changed them and I have BMLights back. What an idiot. But how it got to minus must have been when playing with circuit De Sarth massive number of lights I moved the display to see the list of all the lights. Now to solve the Brands and Circuit de Sarth not showing lights (I hope)

I have solved this. It was my fault , sorry. The app was displaying off screen. I found a way of getting it back to centre of screen.

Last edited:
I CAN NOT REMOVE THIS APP, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.
How can i get rid of it, it remove it and it is still messing things up i don't like it, please help tell me if there is an easy way to get rid of it, it still has the extra lights etc, even when i remove it.

I CAN NOT REMOVE THIS APP, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.
How can i get rid of it, it remove it and it is still messing things up i don't like it, please help tell me if there is an easy way to get rid of it, it still has the extra lights etc, even when i remove it.
The fact you have lights means you have a config for a track. And if you uninstall the app (just delete it from the apps' folder) you still have the lights, unless you disable the shader lights patch or delete the lights config file

So i need to delete the config file. i thought i had done. I may have to totally start again on a fresh install. Bloody nightmare. Horrible thing wish i'd never downloaded it.

P.S. I'm glad I don't have time to work on my apps anymore, because after posts like the one above (from people who don't even take the time to see how apps work) I would quit doing it.
Let's move on...

If ac crashes with BLM lights running, it may have corrupted the track-light configs.
So its better to copy over the configs from the shaders patch archive to
"ac\extension\config\tracks"
Or as apex11 above has not done, a new install of the patch

P.S. I'm glad I don't have time to work on my apps anymore, because after posts like the one above (from people who don't even take the time to see how apps work) I would quit doing it.
Let's move on...

It was the silence from you and then the general bad attitude, then you see Peter with SOL and how helpful he is.... If you no longer support these apps then please say so on the download page so people can be warned off installing them.
All i asked was "how can i totally uninstall this app?" and you get defensive... pathetic.
You never even gave me an answer so i do hope people read this and can see that you have no support for this app and won't help people uninstall it, or to install it correctly even though it can break the game...
So well done you.......

It was the silence from you and then the general bad attitude, then you see Peter with SOL and how helpful he is.... If you no longer support these apps then please say so on the download page so people can be warned off installing them.
All i asked was "how can i totally uninstall this app?" and you get defensive... pathetic.
You never even gave me an answer so i do hope people read this and can see that you have no support for this app and won't help people uninstall it, or to install it correctly even though it can break the game...
So well done you.......
Wow
you **** yourself and demand that someone else needs to wipe it.

Hello Blamer ;)
Still using those useful apps .... and just for confirmation ... one little question to which I suppose I already have the answer :D

As BLM Lights and BLM Cars version dates are before the new Shader Light Patch 1.25 Preview49 ... I suppose it is better to install them before installing a new Shader Light Patch version and even Sol ? ..... as it seems that BLM might change one or other contents of those new versions.

Best regards

Hello Blamer ;)
Still using those useful apps .... and just for confirmation ... one little question to which I suppose I already have the answer :D

As BLM Lights and BLM Cars version dates are before the new Shader Light Patch 1.25 Preview49 ... I suppose it is better to install them before installing a new Shader Light Patch version and even Sol ? ..... as it seems that BLM might change one or other contents of those new versions.

Best regards

Would of been nice to have this info not burried on the 'support' section.... it should be on the download screen with a warning...

Hello Blamer ;)

Best regards

Hey Jempy,

BLM Lights, BLM Car or the other apps I wrote DON'T change a byte of SOL or Shader Lights Patch!
BLM Lights just changes the configuration (in case you modify somewthing) of the track you're using (that's mainly what it's built for ;)).

Together with the app come some lights configs for tracks I built (Outlon, RA, Road Atlanta 2017 and maybe some other tracks I don't remember), that's the only thing it could overwrite, but in that case you already probably had my version of that config.

All this said, there's no need to install the apps before the patch

Last edited:
So well done you.......

His "bad attitude" is a product of your bad attitude. You said it was terrible and wished you never downloaded it, because you have no idea what you are doing. It doesn't break the game, and it most certainly didn't drop a deuce on your carpet; you did that yourself. The app allows you to modify a lighting config, that's it.

And the silence? It was two days. Over a weekend. Surprise, sometimes modders have lives. You didn't pay a red cent for this, it's not a paid product with a telephone support service.

Grow up.

Hey Jempy,

BLM Lights, BLM Car or the other apps I wrote DON'T change a byte of SOL or Shader Lights Patch!
BLM Lights just changes the configuration (in case you modify somewthing) of the track you're using (that's mainly what it's built for ;)).

Together with the app come some lights configs for tracks I built (Outlon, RA, Road Atlanta 2017 and maybe some other tracks I don't remember), that's the only thing you could overwrite, but in that case you already probably had my version of that config.

All this said, there's no need to install the apps before the patch

These are surely the lights configs I just saw when installing with JSGME ... but now I know there are less chances they might be updated with newer configs in Shader Lights Patch ... if they are yours ;) ... so no problem.
Thanks for your answer. :thumbsup:

the flags are only supported on tracks that have them I suppose ? ... but people can add them to any track anyhow

what would be great , is a better way to organize stuff and downlaods, if I for example want to add vertex AO and flags for particular track, it's quite a bit searching

there aren't really a good pages to create databases - free haha - are there?

His "bad attitude" is a product of your bad attitude. You said it was terrible and wished you never downloaded it, because you have no idea what you are doing. It doesn't break the game, and it most certainly didn't drop a deuce on your carpet; you did that yourself. The app allows you to modify a lighting config, that's it.

And the silence? It was two days. Over a weekend. Surprise, sometimes modders have lives. You didn't pay a red cent for this, it's not a paid product with a telephone support service.

Grow up.

Man, I wish I had your patience or Peter's or Ilija's. Thanks for taking the time to write those lines!

I spent a summer writing thousands of lines of code and then hours and hours helping people here via pm or on the discord channel and I get accused of 'bad attitude'... nevermind
I'm too old for this, I'm just glad I gave something back to the community, and I'm fine with the many ones appreciated my work.
Bye!

the flags are only supported on tracks that have them I suppose ? ... but people can add them to any track anyhow

what would be great , is a better way to organize stuff and downlaods, if I for example want to add vertex AO and flags for particular track, it's quite a bit searching

there aren't really a good pages to create databases - free haha - are there?

If a track already got the meshes (like Oulton) it's faster but you could add digital flags via extra kn5 files to any tracks you want, it just takes a lot of time

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 0 0.0%