Break is over

So in January I decided to force myself to take a break from sim racing and VR so I could tackle my Steam back catalog of non racing games and rest my eyes. Well I have been starving for some racing action and this weekend and all next week is dedicated to the resurrection (any progress I made on back catalog was cancelled out with recent sale :/ ).

I have this sick feeling when I plug it all in and boot up its gonna end up being a day making it all happen again. So has much changed? I have seen some auto updates of RRE and Steam VR. I know I will have to update Occulus home. A brief glance this evening at Sector 3 forums I saw that there are new launch options? Such as launch in VR 64bit? I can't even recall if that was already in place in Jan. Does that negate the original launch options we had to type in to launch in VR? Any quick advice is much appreciated.

I am running a 1080TI, i5 7600K OC, 16gb ram and Occulus.

Thanks again!

With regards to actually running VR, there aren't any significant changes. If you are using the startup command then it will still work fine, and that is also the way you set your own SS level as there's no option for it within the game. (eg, -vr 2.0) It will also launch the 64bit version, as that's default now too. If you launch in VR using the Steam menu then it will be at default SS which I believe is 1.5.

As for R3E itself, again, no significant changes to be concerned about other than new content. A bunch of fixes here and there, and you no longer need to confirm your pitstop options as you drive into the pits... it's now confirmed automatically.

So yeah, fire it up and join us in the club! :thumbsup:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • McLaren

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Toyota

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 15.1%