ACC British GT Series @ Various Tracks - Every Thursday

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Hey guys, it's not up to me to check the replay. I just volunteer to setup the races.

Please follow step 8 in the club rules here if you were involved in an incident and can't resolve it.

Last edited:
Guys, there was some hard racing today, I agree. There were also some very good fights along the way.
rbakker, I apologise if I was the cause of your crash at the end. I was at the inside fighting with davenport. I have been the victim in a few situations but I admit that I have made too many mistakes today.

I hope everybody cooled down a bit and remembers the good racing (of which there was enough too).

I will take it easy next race :)

Yea it wasn't a great race tonight unfortunately, rear ended in the first corner then driven through (maybe I was being too cautions on it) and when I managed to catch up I was taken out again and that was me for 50 mins.
Someone also needs to learn what a blue flag is he raced me for a while until he spun out

Not a great race but I still enjoyed blasting around, cheers guys!

Someone also needs to learn what a blue flag is he raced me for a while until he spun out
was it a Porsche by any chance? i had the same thing happen to me, he was a lap down and hadnt completed his pitstop either after the window had closed yet ignored all blue flags and raced me for about 5 or 6 laps until he binned it, :mad:
lost so much time stuck behind him........im slow enough on my own, dont need that :roflmao:

otherwise this was by far my best race out of these so far, stayed on the black stuff all race and avoided any chaos, started 15/16th and finished 8th so i'll take that! :D

Last edited:
otherwise this was by far my best race out of these so far, stayed on the black stuff all race and avoided and chaos, started 15/16th and finished 8th so i'll take that!

Nice mate, weirdly I got my fastest lap during the race, its just a pitty I didn't save it to see how I done it :roflmao:

After reading tonight comments, I'm a bit happy that I missed this race... :whistling:. A very friendly reminder to all, please keep in mind the rules and flags at all times. I understand how intense a race can become, you just want to keep your position but also motorsport it's a no contact sport. Additionally, as many sports; motorsport has it's rules and we all expect to follow them always keeping the enjoyment and sportmanship on top of any other factors. Looking forward to next Thursday.

After reading tonight comments, I'm a bit happy that I missed this race... :whistling:
Me too to be fair David... This races tended to be a bit hairy to say the least.... Some very good respectful guys/battles, and out of nowhere, some very weird, unsafe moves... not the enviroment you seek at RD honestly (if you'd think of the car you (sim)drive as a real one, that costs real money, some moves wouldnt be done for sure - dont even talk about potential injuries...).
I humbley recomend those interested, watching Aris Youtube streams, namely the ones on "How to drive".
Hotlaping is one thing and being fast is important of course, but to know your way around the track either alone or in traffic is paramount to actually simrace. All the best guys, Cheers!

Sadly my table clamp loosened and I had to pull over, losing positions, before tightening it up and rejoining the race. Was a fun battle up until then. Speaking of rejoining, are we supposed to report bad practices such as rejoining into oncoming traffic and causing a crash?

12:16 around T1, car 37, "Coolan" iirc, had a horrible rejoin forcing several drivers off the track.

Me too to be fair David... This races tended to be a bit hairy to say the least.... Some very good respectful guys/battles, and out of nowhere, some very weird, unsafe moves... not the enviroment you seek at RD honestly (if you'd think of the car you (sim)drive as a real one, that costs real money, some moves wouldnt be done for sure - dont even talk about potential injuries...).
I humbley recomend those interested, watching Aris Youtube streams, namely the ones on "How to drive".
Hotlaping is one thing and being fast is important of course, but to know your way around the track either alone or in traffic is paramount to actually simrace. All the best guys, Cheers!

I will give a try one more time personally but was last night very disapointed because i never saw that on my races in AC or R3E throuth RD.

And sure its too difficult for those people to come here on the forum and to apologize

Last edited:
I hope i was not one of the guys mentioned here.
I tried to stay out of trouble as it was the first time in this "league".

I was late on the server, just to make 5 laps in quali.
Started 4th row i guess, than got a kiss from behind on the hairpin in lap 1or 2, spinned and was way back the order.
Afterwards some nice fights but also i witnessed some guys over their limit, just to stay in front, or get in front.

All in all it was ok, for me.
Have to work in understanding the NSX and get the best out of the car.
Struggled in the 2nd half with cold tyres and little grip.

Will be back next week if all goes right.
A big thanks for organizing the event/series.
Hopefully the series takes no negative hit from the rough racing yesterday and see you all next week.

By the sounds of it we have a wide mix of experience and abilities in this series which is fine but there needs to be some give and take in order to make it work.

Faster guys need to have patience when lapping and the guys being lapped need to use common sense when blue flags start appearing.

If you have come to this series from the Rookie events we did but are finding it hard to keep up, stay on track or you are getting frustrated I'd recommend joining our Ginetta races instead. We have an am and Pro class and it's a slower pace.

For incidents it's down to you guys to act on (following the link I posted previously).

I had a coming together with another driver at Oulton Park, we chatted via PM afterwards and put our views across like adults, both learnt something and moved on. If that doesn't work then follow the process to report it.

As mentioned before, Aris has a great video on how to race against others here

I agree with Aris regarding the "if you no longer go for a gap" quote. Senna was amazing but that line is bull. You will do much better and avoid a lot of contact if you use patience and put pressure on the car in front to make a mistake. You can get a good overlap heading in to the next braking zone. If you are then on the inside and fully alongside / in front then that's your corner.

At the end of the day we aren't racing for prize money or trophies. If you don't get passed the car in front but finish without contact you will be much happier than going for a lunge, causing contact and p*ssing off another driver.

Last edited:
By the sounds of it we have a wide mix of experience and abilities in this series which is fine but there needs to be some give and take in order to make it work.

Faster guys need to have patience when lapping and the guys being lapped need to use common sense when blue flags start appearing.

If you have come to this series from the Rookie events we did but are finding it hard to keep up, stay on track or you are getting frustrated I'd recommend joining our Ginetta races instead. We have an am and Pro class and it's a slower pace.

For incidents it's down to you guys to act on (following the link I posted previously).

I had a coming together with another driver at Oulton Park, we chatted via PM afterwards and put our views across like adults, both learnt something and moved on. If that doesn't work then follow the process to report it.

As mentioned before, Aris has a great video on how to race against others here

I agree with Aris regarding the "if you no longer go for a gap" quote. Senna was amazing but that line is bull. You will do much better and avoid a lot of contact if you use patience and put pressure on the car in front to make a mistake. You can get a good overlap heading in to the next braking zone. If you are then on the inside and fully alongside / in front then that's your corner.

At the end of the day we aren't racing for prize money or trophies. If you don't get passed the car in front but finish without contact you will be much happier than going for a lunge, causing contact and p*ssing off another driver.

Great, sensible advice mate.

I don’t think last night was quite as bad as being portrayed. It’s certainly frustrating when contact is made with another car when you feel it’s not your fault.

However, as you say, it’s important to remember that these races have varying levels of skill, and accidents will inevitably happen. Hopefully over time the driving standards will improve and benefit everyone.

One thing I would say though, which always goes a long way to diffusing anger and frustration. If you do initiate contact with someone, WAIT and give the place back, then drop a message in the chat at the end and apologise.

We aren’t racing for cash or a title, so does gaining a couple of places really matter in the scale of things, compared to being considered a good person to race with who owns their mistakes?

Anyway, that’s just my two cents worth.

Thanks again for organising @SwannyUK

One thing I would say though, which always goes a long way to diffusing anger and frustration. If you do initiate contact with someone, WAIT and give the place back, then drop a message in the chat at the end and apologise.
@SwannyUK
Exactly this. That is our golden rule, if you don't wait and give the place back and the other driver follows the process and proves you didn't that's an instant 30day race ban.

Exactly this. That is our golden rule, if you don't wait and give the place back and the other driver follows the process and proves you didn't that's an instant 30day race ban.
could be a few then, i just watched back the opening few laps and anyone that hit someone and caused a spin etc just carried on as if nothing happened, one or two people doing it on more than one occasion too :(

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 483 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 295 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 148 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.3%
Back