BROMSGROVE LONG

Tracks BROMSGROVE LONG v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Caribstu submitted a new resource:

BROMSGROVE LONG - GTR2 Fictional UK Track

BROMSGROVE v 1.0 by Caribstu of Ripe Banana for GTR2
======================================

Bromsgrove Long is the tenth release of my 20 tracks.

ABOUT THE TRACK

It is a fictional circuit inspired by the modern layout of Rissington Kart Track, RAF Rissington, Gloucestershire, UK.
The track is 'inspired' and not a 100% representation. It has been scaled up for cars, and set as a fictional full length circuit.
Bromsgrove Long Circuit is built on the fringes of an active RAF base and...

Read more about this resource...

In conversation with a user regarding this track. There are some cars/mods such as :

CLIO CUP
VOLVO and MERCEDES Classic TT
AUSTRALIAN V8
EASTERN EUROPEAN Lada, Trabant, Skoda

Where the cars will roll. In testing I actually started a Clio Cup race with 30 cars and only 4 finished. However, I have done hundreds of laps, with multiple cars and mods where there are no incidents. So I do not believe it is a problem with the track its self, but the physics of specific cars. Particularly as I've noticed some cars lifting and rolling without making any contact with curbs etc.

Perhaps an AIW expert may be able to look at the AIW file and see.

You may need to check your steering sensitivity, and add some steering angle for the tight infield hairpin.

FYI : If you don't like the tight hairpin, I shall be releasing the NATIONAL SHORT version of this track very soon, which does not use the infield section, but is a much faster circuit built on the outfield loop. A bit like Castle Coombe.

A tendency to roll is usually due to too much grip, in the tires or the track. I've had to edit several tire files to prevent having a car with the greasy side up.

A tendency to roll is usually due to too much grip, in the tires or the track. I've had to edit several tire files to prevent having a car with the greasy side up.
Yes agreed, I suspect it's either the car's center of gravity, or the tyre files, rather than the track, as i tested the track with so many different cars, literally thousands of laps, and it's only specific cars/mods that roll.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back