Build to SFX 150mm??

Good morning everyone, I've been thinking about buying a motion 4 dof. After walking through forums and paying attention to the SFX system I have decided that I will try to start that project. I am very grateful to the people who contribute data, experiences and contribute to the development of this project so that people as in my case, are encouraged to do this brico and thus be able to assume the economic cost. I am thinking of making an SFX of 150 mm of travel instead of 100 mm. In my opinion there should be no problem. And of course I would like to adapt it to Simtools software using the Thanos AMC-AASD15A servo controller. The question is if someone can help me in what parts I would have to change to go from 100 mm to 150 mm and what size they would have to have if that is possible. Sincerely.

I guess you would just need to buy longer profiles from Kinetik and longer ball screw for the hardware.
Then adjust the software to use this longer travel.

But I'm sure that the initial designer thought about this and made this decision to go for 10cm travel with a reason. I do know that most people don't even use the full travel when they are driving it.

Any special reason why you don't ask this in the existing thread?

Upvote 0
I think 100mm is enough for sim racing . I have PT actuators with 150mm and I use only 110-120mm of them.
I race only GT’s and open wheelers so 100mm is good .... for Rally maybe 150mm is needed.
Fly sims 150mm is the minimum request.

Upvote 0
La idea es usarlo para GT, Rally y quizás vuelo. Enviar un correo electrónico a Thanos por si el servocontrolador tendría algún problema de compatibilidad para esa longitud de 150 mm y según mi criterio textualmente: "Esta limitación se debe a los pulsos adicionales necesarios para controlarlos, y más allá de eso, no hay suficiente memoria de búfer de posición y ancho de banda de pulso para ser utilizable ".

Buscaré un poco más y si no lo veo claro me centraré en los 100 mm que son los que funcionan bien.

Un saludo y gracias

Upvote 0
[QUOTE = "MrSnoebel, publicación: 3089327, miembro: 268836"]
Supongo que solo necesitaría comprar perfiles más largos de Kinetik y un tornillo de bola más largo para el hardware.
Luego ajuste el software para usar este viaje más largo.

Pero estoy seguro de que el diseñador inicial pensó en esto y tomó la decisión de viajar por 10 cm con una razón. Sé que la mayoría de las personas ni siquiera usan el viaje completo cuando lo conducen.

¿Alguna razón especial por la que no preguntas esto en el hilo existente?
[/CITAR]
Ho, no he visto el hilo que comenta por eso he valorado colgarlo en simracing hardware.
Según dices el problema principal es el software, pulsos y buffer. Un saludo y gracias por la ayuda.

Upvote 0
Good idea, maybe you should also install engines with at least 6-8 Nm. Then it might be possible to simulate the G-forces. The telemetry only shows the pure vehicle movements. In addition, you should also consider whether you place the actuators as close as possible and in a pure square. The angular velocity (orbital velocity) would be enormous with a square of say about 60cm.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events