AC CANCELED Fat-Alfie Championship Abarth/Mazda@Bilster Berg, Wed 4th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I agree with Steve, this is not really what other Fat Alfie tracks are about. I don't mind if it's kept in the championship, but it really doesn't fit the theme that well.

Signed up for the championship today. The reason for me leaving the Wednesday races (a personal duty) has now changed to Thursday so it could be that I'll miss some Formula Agile race if I'm not able to get home in time, yet I suffered a lot as I felt home on the MX5, therefore I'm super happy to be back. I'll do my best to complete the FA championship as the grid is already quite short, but I drove a little today on the Mazda and I enjoy it much more than the FA.

I have a doubt however: I joined the server this morning at about 9, and the time in game was 3.41, almost all the track was dark so I had to setup a practice session by my own. Trying to learn a new track in the dark wasn't my cup of tea..
Is this how it's supposed to work? I read that there will be time if day transitions, but the server seemed stuck to the same 3.41 for at least half an hour. When I practiced alone I set 19.00 and it was sunset so it appears that my SOL is working good..

Welcome @maxilogan, good to see more people joining the championship.

The server works with a 12x time multiplier and the session is set to last 2 hours starting at 08:00 in the morning, so it could be that you joined at night (it seems so, since you said you joined at 03:41) and quit before sunrise. In the actual race we'll start at 08:00 during sunrise and end at 20:00 after it just gets dark.

Signed up for the championship today. The reason for me leaving the Wednesday races (a personal duty) has now changed to Thursday so it could be that I'll miss some Formula Agile race if I'm not able to get home in time, yet I suffered a lot as I felt home on the MX5, therefore I'm super happy to be back. I'll do my best to complete the FA championship as the grid is already quite short, but I drove a little today on the Mazda and I enjoy it much more than the FA.

I have a doubt however: I joined the server this morning at about 9, and the time in game was 3.41, almost all the track was dark so I had to setup a practice session by my own. Trying to learn a new track in the dark wasn't my cup of tea..
Is this how it's supposed to work? I read that there will be time if day transitions, but the server seemed stuck to the same 3.41 for at least half an hour. When I practiced alone I set 19.00 and it was sunset so it appears that my SOL is working good..
Make sure that you have WeatherFX activated in CSP.
I'm doing that next Tue anyway I could turn it into round 1.
If we don't want Bilster Berg than I'll will skip the first round and not replace it with track that didn't come from David. I will organize a single event instead for next Wednesday. In that case Thomson will be the first race on 18th October.
I'll wait for Sunday evening for the final decision to wait for more reactions in this thread.

Last edited:
You could always copy the weather conditions into an offline practice session.
Then you could do practice and setup work in private and only test for tyre pressures before Quali ;)

(Setup hint: rear stable, lots of "Spinallas" in the air :cool:)

I've had no problems with the track or the server, except for the "wrong direction" sign. I could get out of the pit though. So I'm in favor of racing at Bilster Berg, but maybe it should be left out of the championship just in case, like Carsten suggested.

Ok, guys. I'm still in contact with Fat-Alfie about him making some changes but it's very unlikely that they will be in time for next Wednesday.

So I will skip that race and remove it from the championship.
I will replace it with a very nice track that I found this week for a single event. Not to difficult to learn as we all have less practice time.

Later this year or maybe next year I hope we will have an bug free and maybe even nicer version of Bilster Berg available so we can go there.

@JamKart22 It's up to you is you want to keep Bilster Berg in your championship.

I'll get a cup of tea now and start making the changes.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events