F1 22 Car level of detail

F1 22 the official Formula 1 Game
I can't believe no one is complaining about the poor car detail. Yes they do look nice close up be as soon as they are 5-30 meters away they start loosing parts and even worse when further away. There are options for ground cover, crowds and more but the car lods are rubbish. Bit of a Joke to be honest. Who wants to race a soap box?

Can you post a screenshot? I haven't noticed ugly cars from a distance.
I made one for you, during a benchmark:

(Click on it / download it to see the uncropped version)

Last edited:
williams2.jpg
williams1.jpg

The Williams in this example, 3rd on the left. Rear wing changes, but the rear end diffuser missing shadow and parts, looks horrible when moving.

Last edited:
It's rubbish LODS. They take the micky tbh, every year cheat us with lazy crap like that, Options galore for everything else. But car detail, oh no just ruin the immersion with bits disappearing visually as the cars move through the lods. It's a car game and no options for the car. Joke.!

It's rubbish LODS. They take the micky tbh, every year cheat us with lazy crap like that, Options galore for everything else. But car detail, oh no just ruin the immersion with bits disappearing visually as the cars move through the lods. It's a car game and no options for the car. Joke.!
I can hardly see it if I am actively looking for it (why are you even looking at it, watch the road?), and that's coming from someone who is very critical graphics' wise.

What resolution do you play on? I play upscaled to 4K, everything maxed out except ray tracing (totally not worth it imo, compared to the fps you lose) 1440p 27" inch monitor.

Same problem here on a Ryzen 5 5600X and RTX LC 6800XT. I play 1440 res with all options on Max with FPS to spare and the cars in front lose so much detail when they pull away from you just 20 meters ahead. But its been like this for generation of Codies games...so no real surprise that its still in this one.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 260 33.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 212 27.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 63 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.3%