Resource icon

Misc Car Parser for dersirromet's Racing Career Manager 0.32 Beta

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sven Dahn submitted a new resource:

Car Parser for dersirromet's Racing Career Manager - Create a one-click car list

Good evening dear RaceDepartment folks,
today dersirromet released their Racing Career Manager which allows to create a Gran Turismo-like career, where you can buy cars and race events with them. With it comes a car list in CSV format, where users can add the cars they want to be able to buy.
I made a little tool, which creates the car list CSV based on all the cars you have in your AC...

Read more about this resource...

Sven Dahn updated Car Parser for dersirromet's Racing Career Manager with a new update entry:

Types and IDs

This update adds types to approximately 50% of the cars. Touring cars, Rallye, prototypes, GT and open wheelers are tagged pretty reliably but I don't know if a tag for regular road cars exists yet :-D
This update also introduces a much more useful ID tagging system, so you can connect your car list to your events without the need to redo it all the time, when adding new cars. With about 500 cars, i had one duplicate ID, so you might need to check some IDs when creating events with car IDs.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice work! Some tips as I've promised to give:

- The category for vehicles like street cars that don't really fit anywhere is "OT", for "others", but in general any two-letter category is possible (it will just not be colored then).

- There's one issue that might arise with users using this: If combined with other racing games, one vehicle should be represented only once and then tagged with all games that it is included in (albeit the specific method used will be revised, so far only 4 games are implemented). In general, the software could just look for whether there is already an entry like this and then add Assetto Corsa to it as a game, if applicable, however, as soon as you get slight differences in the naming you will end up with effectively two times the same vehicle, named slightly different for different games. Some trickery might be necessary to get around this

- The race classes are relevant, in that each racing series has a tag for the class. This means: All vehicles that fit the class of the racing series are allowed to participate. In case of vehicle classes like GT3, this should be easy to correctly tag in the vehicles, however, in some cases you might need to split the classes up. If all racing vehicles are classified with the tag "race", they could only be used together, which is of course a complete mess :)
-> I can only suggest the following: As you can see in my full app, most vehicles are actually "their own class", so single-vehicle classes. I would try to implement some rules to tag "GT3" "GTE" and other vehicles alike, and if no actual class can be inferred, tag the vehicle as its own class.

Oh, i forgot to add the most important thing: Regardless of how far you will optimize it, this will already IMMENSELY help in pre-processing data, even for manual creation of CSV-files. :)

Best, Sönke

Sven Dahn updated Car Parser for dersirromet's Racing Career Manager with a new update entry:

Better Error Handling

It has come to my attention that missing data on some mod cars can cause the whole program to crash, when calculating the worth of a car and in effect not produce any data for the CSV.
I improved the error handling and also made the app spit out an error log. So if parsing your cars crashes, don't be afraid to forward me those error logs. That would help me tremendously because as developers say: "It works on my machine"

Even More Error Handling

Okay, I have underestimated how broken some mod files can be. Rookie mistake!
I can't forsee every mistake a mod maker can do, so I instead I threw broken data out of the CSV file. This way, you will at least get some data.
You can see which cars need to have their data fixed now. When some car data is broken, the parser will create a file named faultyCars.txt . This file of shame will show all the cars that can not be parsed at all, because some data is hopelessly borked. Maybe you'd want...

Classes

This updates should give every car a class, so the races are more fair. I used this list to create the classes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTDxY3e1oSchzBebCXZXLNu8dy8KHiJXvJSuz2j3UBo
More than 30 classes have been added. Every car that does not fit any of those 30+ classes gets put into a generic category. These generic categories are street, race and open wheel. Each of those generic classes is subdivided into 6 divisions, ranging from S to F with the...

java -jar "ACCarParser.jar"
[java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.lambda$writeToCSV$0(CarParser.java:154), java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.writeToCSV(CarParser.java:154), com.company.Main.main(Main.java:45)]

i got this error. is this because I didnt configure the config file properly?

java -jar "ACCarParser.jar"
[java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.lambda$writeToCSV$0(CarParser.java:154), java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.writeToCSV(CarParser.java:154), com.company.Main.main(Main.java:45)]

i got this error. is this because I didnt configure the config file properly?
No, that seem like the correct config. I do however see how this error is produced. Wait a few minutes, I will upload a fixed version

Okay, that bug should not occur anymore. Just downloiad the new version and keep your old config because that seemed to be correct

Edit: As soon as the update is online. It seems to be stuck in moderator approval for now

Last edited:
Hi just thought i would post my error log, many thanks for you mod and time.

[java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.lambda$writeToCSV$0(CarParser.java:173), java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.writeToCSV(CarParser.java:173), com.company.Main.main(Main.java:45)]String index out of range: 0

Now that was a tough nut to fix but I found the issue. It was caused, when a car had multiple consecutive spaces in its name :) Thanks for finding that, it will no longer happen with the next update. It also made me find another bug that happened with nameless cars so that will also no longer be an issue

Series and Races

This one is a bigger update so let's get started:
I fully expect this update to crash for a lot of people. It's hard to work with inconsistent and quite diverse data. If this update crashes for you: I have included the old version that only produces carlists. Just rename ACCarParser_old.jar to ACCarParser.jar and you can use the old version again. In the meantime, be assured, that I will get rid of bugs eventually :)

So thats the...

Hi Sven, I get this error... [java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.writeToCSV(CarParser.java:182), com.company.Main.main(Main.java:45)]String index out of range: 2
Do you know how to fix?

Hi Sven, I get this error... [java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source), com.company.CarParser.writeToCSV(CarParser.java:182), com.company.Main.main(Main.java:45)]String index out of range: 2
Do you know how to fix?
Hey! I absolutely do, yes! This would be caused if a car has no brand or a brand with a single letter. Thanks for pointing this out to me! I will fix this in an update tomorrow :) I can't believe how many strange edge cases I forgot

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 252 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 258 37.8%
  • BMW

Votes: 244 35.8%
  • McLaren

Votes: 157 23.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 257 37.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 87 12.8%