Cars that "teach you skills" ;-)

stigs2cousin

Premium
As said in the title i´d like us to compile a list of cars that give you "teachable moments"

1. ( of course) the infamous Skippy

It´s all about car control without big aero, no electronics and shite tyres.
We can learn a lot about wheight transfer here. :inlove:

2. Kunos own Abarth Asseto Corse

I don´t really like the "threelegging shitbox" because it has a really shitty suspension but it taught me the right brake release to keep it from understeering even worse. :cautious:

Do you have any other cars we can learn special traits from??

MFG Carsten

The little Ligier (only stage 1 version!) is brilliant to learn braking without abs, throttle control and controlling oversteer with the steering wheel.

It's one of the most alive cars I've ever come across in simracing!

The high revving engine similar to a sport bike with the sequential gearbox makes it a lot of fun.

It looks completely stupid but it drives like an overpowered kart with perfectly dialled in brake balance.
The great part is that everything happens at really low speeds so it's easy to maintain some level of control and not crash too often.

At the same time every corner feels completely on the edge!
And with used tyres (10-15 Minuten), the brake pedals slowly becomes a handbrake and even on straights the rear becomes loose :D

However, top speed is only 94 km/h so I'd recommend to use the brilliant gpk tracks, which are mini-versions of the big F1 tracks.

gpk Monaco was the most fun for me yet and it really hooked me!
I probably did about 180 laps over the last 2 weeks!

Last edited:
Pessio Garage Ape Proto

Now for something completely different. If you take the Red Pill, instead of the Blue Pill, you will experience a very different driving dynamic from the regular FWD, RWD, AWD cars. You might discover that it is drivable, or not?

If you were not born in that part of the world, you might not know that these little 3-wheel vehicles has been in production since 1948 and there are a bunch of them in the world. They were cheap and numerous like 2CV or VW beetles but utilitarian like a small van or pickup truck that go around tiny streets of Italy. And then people started racing them and putting bigger engines in them. Unbelievable! I thought. And yes, it drives, even in Assetto Corsa. I want to build one in real life.

Ok.. I learned 2 things.. (this thing is actually stable. Never spins under braking)
  1. Slow down enough before making the turn. There is no trail braking since the single front wheel does not handle braking and turning at the same time.
  2. Add throttle to rotate the car. And use throttle to control the rotation/drift.
Try it on your favorite tracks and it might surprise you how quick these things go around the tracks. Though be carefully on narrow tracks, the cab/chassis is wider than you think. When you want to go faster, search for Nissan Deltawing. That thing flies. Yes, it is fast, even for a 4-cylinder engine.

And you might want to try finding a MR2 AW11 SC mod with my setup. Yes, the mid-rear engine is fun to throw into the corners and you can car trail brake and feel the car.

Ruf CTR with 100% Turbo pressure is a good "teacher" for me. No other car made me learn more about gas/brake control and weight shifting. Also its unpredictable because of turbo lag and makes you think and anticipate proper corner negotiations with adequate RPM. And fact that it behaves like big pendulum with heavy engine in the back and understeery front makes it fun and very challenging.
Dont care very much is it realistic vs original CTR, I just take it as it is and enjoying it :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 488 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back