rF2 Caterham Superlight Team Championship (Cancelled)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Team B - BVM Silver

Name: Neil Gault - Team Leader
Team: BVM Silver
Number: 50

Name: Gary Lennon
Number: 31

Name: Bob Hutchins
Number: #48

Look at it this way, gents:

With the sign ups we've already got, all of which are people who support or have supported the Cats, we have 14 drivers accepted, meaning we're already 2/3 full on a 21 car grid.

These are the numbers I'm looking at that prompted my re-opening of the expansion question.

I'm still not going to do it right now, but I do want to keep you lot in on my thought processes as this is your Club and League as well as mine, and any decisions made will affect us all.

I do want to stress again that expanding the mod size will have no bearing on my approval policy, and Cat Club supporters will get first preference for a League seat.

Attention skinners

I will be supplying some League logos, numberplates, font specifications etc over the weekend, which must be used for your League vehicles.

The numberplates (ie your competition number - NOT the registration plates) must be located on the rear bulkhead and the top surface (engine cover or nose) of your vehicle, but as long as they are visible, placement on there is up to you.

The series logo must be visibly displayed along the sides of the vehicle between the front axle and the rear mudguards, but again the final location is up to you.

I'll be supplying a couple of versions of the league logo, one with predominantly black text, one with predominantly white, so it is visible on both light and dark cars.

All skins within a team have to be differentiated by the drivers Competiton number, but there is NO need to differentiate beyond the number if you don't want to.

As there are two nominal BVM teams (Gold & Silver) please make sure that you clearly differentiate between the liveries of each Team.

I'll be contacting the nominated team leaders with a very small questionnaire that should hopefully make everything nice and simple for you all. I'll want a description of all teams racing colour schemes (included in the questionnaire) returned to me via PM please, so I can inform you all - and any future teams - if there are any colour clashes as soon as possible.

That way, no-one gets nearly finished and finds out that another team has an almost identical livery.

Thanks in advance.

Ecurie Ocelot Unleashed!

pres.jpg

Ross McGregor #32 Wayne Reed #25 Stuart Thomson #55

Tonight i can exclusively reveal the livery Ecurie Ocelot for the inaugural RaceDepartment rFactor Caterham league season.​

Painted by the skilled hands of Stuart Thomson, the three liveries are distinguishable through flashes of colour on the front headlights and body, (silver in my case) and personalised with custom number plates and driver-specific emblems. (As well as flagrantly advertising my motorsport photography site)​

Representing Scotland with a Saltire plastered on the side of my Cat will be me; the St. George's cross of England emblazons Stuart's car; and rather diplomatically, Wayne has opted for a Union Flag to adorn his vehicle!​

All three of us are looking forward to a quality season's worth of racing, and have raced each other fairly and competitively for many months in GTL and rFactor, with very similar pace, hence the decision to become team-mates. As the youngster of the trio, I will be expecting to learn a lot from my co-drivers over the coming season, (no pressure guys!) while Stuart and Wayne also dovetail RD Admin & Media committments alongside their sim-racing.​

Thanks for reading,

Cheers!​

Here's the pack contents

2x League logos (1 light, 1 dark) for the car sides between the axles
1x Avon Tyres sponsored number plates - one goes on the top surface of the car (nose or engine cover) the other on the rear bulkhead
1x font to be used on the numberplates (VAG Rounded BT)

Attachments

• RDCAT_files.7z
    63.4 KB · Views: 183
  • league_logo_dark.jpg
    league_logo_dark.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 194
  • league_num_plate.jpg
    league_num_plate.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 264
Anyone have any new thoughts or feedback on the possibility of grid slot expansion to 30 after Friday's event, and the speed of this week's sign ups, at all?

Anyone have any new thoughts or feedback on the possibility of grid slot expansion to 30 after Friday's event, and the speed of this week's sign ups, at all?

i would increase it and see how we go, you could have ran 30 cars at Phillip island without probs as its such a wide open track and the only bottleneck was at the hairpin. not tried fridays track yet, but i have every confidence in you Stu, so if oyu think we can handle 30 cars lets do it baby :D

Just so you all know up front, if we do go to a 30 slot League, there will be a few knock on effects:

1. points will expand down to 20th place - This is the format I've been using for a couple of years now in GTL for the RDHGP (some of you may have heard of it :D ). Putting the scores down to 2/3rds the grid allows people further down the table to get into some rivalries with people of roughly their pace, plus - as it is a Team Competition - allows them to scrap it out for those last few points that may make all the difference over all. The scoring goes 25 points for 1st, then 22, 20, 18, 16, then in 1 point decrements down to 1 point for 20th.

2. The number of Race 1 finishers reversed for the Grid of Race 2 (in the 2 race sprint events) will increase from the original 6 to the top 8 places.

This is only, of course, if we do go to a 30 slot League.

I am on holiday from Sat 14th - Fri 20th, so I won't be able to respond to queries between these dates

I've knocked up a logo that I'll be using on the flyers, briefings, screenshots etc.

Please could you use it on all your screenshots, videos etc from the season.

Cheers :good:

27873d1281638329-caterham-superlight-team-championship-liveries-paint-rdcat_sml.png

Attachments

• RDCAT-logo.png
    RDCAT-logo.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 286
  • rdcat_sml.png
    rdcat_sml.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 515

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.7%