Challenged to install f1 cars skins

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Following the recent article about F1 seasons in AMS2, I checked if I had the proper liveries installed on historical F1 content. As I realized I was missing a few, I have tried, unsuccessfully, to install the 1969 season skins and the V10 gen 1 skins. I f ollowed the instruction, placed the proper files in the proper folders, but nothing shows, I am still looking at generic AMS 2 skins. What am I doing wrong?

The V10 is an older skins mod and references the older, defunct style of install.
Do this: Copy the two files in the download - F1_ Season_1997 folder and the XML file F V10 - into your AMS 2 install folder named Formula V10_G1. See the image for the folder hierarchy.
V10 skins folder.jpg

For the 1969 mod, just copy the Automobilista 2 folder from the download into your AMS2 install and overwrite, to enable the skins.
Screenshot 2023-11-09 153939.jpg

Attachments

• V10 skins folder.jpg
    V10 skins folder.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Thank you, I more or less tried exactly that yesterday, but nothing was working, tried again today and everything is as it should be.:thumbsdown:
Does it make a difference to try to install skins with the game open? Yesterday the game was open, today I tried with the game closed.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%