checksum error when playing online (CM)

Basically the game would load and I'd see my car with the door open. The overall screen is red and it has some checksum error flashing. Then it would shut down the game and go back to the join session.

I'm using worldsimseries in Content Manager.

I have searched the forum and can't find anything like it.

This ONLY happens when connected via Content Manager, I can fire up a free practice session with the same track and cars locally.

Last edited:
When a combo track/car is working offline and not online with such an error .... this can only be a difference between a track version of the server and the one in your game and same for the car.
This can be for one of them or both.

Offline, no problem of course ... but when compared with the server version there's a problem.

With or without Content Manager, the problem should be the same.

Maybe you have a newer or older track or car version compared to the ones included in the server.
If you know the origin of this server and are able to contact the server admin ( mostly leagues in this case ) you should have the answer for the server details and update them at your side.

When a combo track/car is working offline and not online with such an error .... this can only be a difference between a track version of the server and the one in your game and same for the car.
This can be for one of them or both.

Offline, no problem of course ... but when compared with the server version there's a problem.

With or without Content Manager, the problem should be the same.

Maybe you have a newer or older track or car version compared to the ones included in the server.
If you know the origin of this server and are able to contact the server admin ( mostly leagues in this case ) you should have the answer for the server details and update them at your side.

Ok that server is run by worldsimseries maybe I should contact them, weird thing is its only effecting a few of us not all.

maybe if we all sync our track / car collection that might work.

Track or car updates are mostly a very good thing .... but not always easy for servers online when an update happens while a server is already running.
It's up to the server's admin's decision to update or not ... and the decision is not always easy to take except if an update is correcting a bug. One decision or the other one will always bring problems for some.

Normal in this case that some are affected and others not.
Sure it can happen with a car or track change but is it a possible case with Custom Shaders Patch different versions I don't know.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 321 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 191 27.2%
Back