Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Tracks Chuckwalla Valley Raceway 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Tyrone submitted a new resource:

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway - 2.68 miles long, 17 flowing corners - Nukedrop / Tyrone

KNOWN FOR THE BLACK AND YELLOW ROLL CURBS, CHUCKWALLA WAS DESIGNED TO BE SAFELY RUN IN BOTH CLOCKWISE AND COUNTERCLOCKWISE DIRECTIONS. ENJOY SOME FAST LAPS IN THE DESERT AS THE NATURAL LANDSCAPE CREATES THE PERFECT BACKDROP FOR EYE-CATCHING PHOTOS.

I have recreated this circuit for Assetto Corsa. Both Clockwise and Anticlockwise configurations are available.

Many thanks to my supporters on Patreon who helped to...

Read more about this resource...

Anyone know if this Chuckwalla track mod will work with Assetto Corsa Competizione? Reason I ask: hoping to use GeForce One instead of getting a PC...and they no longer support Assetto Corsa, they only support Assetto Corsa Competizione. Thanks in advanced!

"over multiple iterations, and many updates I think we've arrived at a fantastic end product."

This could have been avoided had the free public lidar been utilized to build the layout. It's still off quite a bit in a few key areas. Using proper data takes the guess work out of the equation and thus makes the entire process easier and less time consuming. You also get a properly accurate layout in the end product.

1613460344919.png

"over multiple iterations, and many updates I think we've arrived at a fantastic end product."

This could have been avoided had the free public lidar been utilized to build the layout. It's still off quite a bit in a few key areas. Using proper data takes the guess work out of the equation and thus makes the entire process easier and less time consuming. You also get a properly accurate layout in the end product.

View attachment 445852

Hi, where did you get that data from?

Excellent thanks for this,

I have found this tutorial as well, which should help :)

Thanks again!!!

Tyrone updated Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with a new update entry:

Lidar Data reference

This update reworks the track layout with the help of the available LiDAR data for the are, leading to a track that is a lot more accurate in terms of elevation and camber.

Also there are other, smaller changes.

• 3D crowds removed
  • 2D crowds added
  • some curb positions have been tweaked
  • textures updated
  • added a drag strip on the airfield close to the track (this is available as one of the layouts)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, downloaded the track and I'm really excited to learn the layout before I head out there next month.

I'm running into an issue where the track will not load. It appears in-game and in my content launcher as it should, but boots me back to the home screen whenever I try to open it.

Other custom tracks installed in the exact same manner work perfectly fine. Any recommendations?

Hi, downloaded the track and I'm really excited to learn the layout before I head out there next month.

I'm running into an issue where the track will not load. It appears in-game and in my content launcher as it should, but boots me back to the home screen whenever I try to open it.

Other custom tracks installed in the exact same manner work perfectly fine. Any recommendations?

Hi could you please give this a read.

Could you please manually install the custom shaders.

and

As it seems that the issue is these are missing.

Thanks,
Ty

Hi could you please give this a read.

Could you please manually install the custom shaders.

and

As it seems that the issue is these are missing.

Thanks,
Ty
Thanks for the response Ty.

I reinstalled the game, deleted the extensions folder, installed content manager, STflow & PerPixelMultiMap, and downloaded/extracted the track once again. Same result.

Interestingly enough, I installed your Mallory Park and it works just fine.

Is there anything else that I can try? Thanks again for your time.

O

Last edited:
Same issue as previous poster - track doesn't load. It attempts to load, but then kicks you back to the set up screen. Installed both stFlow and PerPixelMultiMap but neither did the trick. Any other ideas?

I am also having issues with the track not working. These posts seem to be recent so maybe an issue with some update? I've tried the usual troubleshooting methods and can't get it to run. Anybody with fix?

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods updated Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with a new update entry:

3.0 - Rainmaker Kerb fixes + graphical tweaks.

This release is a repack of Chuckwalla, with the fixes from the brilliant Rainmaker_87

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/chuckwalla-valley-raceway-tyrone-curb-fix.261204/

I have packaged his kerb changes into this release, and then fixed some of the textures that went missing when Rainmaker issued his fix, so think of it as bundle of fixes. Also included in this update, I have re-calculated the normals for all of the walls in the pitlane. This makes them look better and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

About the AI for the drag (btw I use the race mode to get to this configuration), it's inverted for the player and the correct direction for the computer player.

In order to create a camtool, I would need the opposite: That the player get the go to the finish line fastlane and the ai player get the backwards lane.

To demonstrate my point, I created a video with a camtool I created based on the line that the ai driver uses (the lane that goes from the start to the finish line) and the camtool works fine because the start for the camtool is 0 meters (or the start line for any track).
But the player lane is working backwords.
So when I tell the camtool ap to focus on my car, the active lane is backwards so the camtool goes directly to the finish line.
In order for us to have a proper camtool for this track, all we need is just that the player have the fastlane pointing to the finish line.
I hope I made myself clear, sorry English is not my primary language
*** on the 36 seconds mark you can see clearly what the issue is. The ai for the player (which is the brown car) is pointing to the start line (meaning it's going backwards) and it should point to the finish line.

And btw2 I think many people will love to use this drag track with camtool, putting to the test many many car battles.

Last edited:
Thanks for the 3.0 release, I can't wait to check it out! We had a great time running this track in our league series a few months back.

I did notice the ui_track.json for clockwise and anti are still showing ` "version": "2.0", ` though.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 4 33.3%