ClearGT: Transparent Car Previews

Misc ClearGT: Transparent Car Previews 1.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Geraint Thomas submitted a new resource:

New 'Transparent' Thumbnails and Studio - A new look for car thumbnails

On the quest to modernise Assetto Corsa, one of the biggest things I've done is re-work the thumbnails into a more modern approach.

The backgrounds of the car previews are now the same colour as Content Manager's 'Dark' and 'Light' themes. They're not actually transparent, they're just the same shade, giving them the look of transparency. They also have custom reflections to remove the complicated and needless reflective lines in the standard previews.

View attachment 591769...

Read more about this resource...

Hi i follow all the steps but after i updated to the white version, My MC UI it's still black, also when i ctrl+A to update all cars it will just update all the car to the stock previews, it apply the new previews on all the cars, please help!

Hi i follow all the steps but after i updated to the white version, My MC UI it's still black, also when i ctrl+A to update all cars it will just update all the car to the stock previews, it apply the new previews on all the cars, please help!
You have to change the UI yourself in Settings > Content Manager > Appearence. Then change the 'Theme' to 'White'.

As for it applying the old previews, I've also had this. I think it's a bug in Content Manager. Apply the white previews to a few more cars individually, restart CM, then a few more, then CM, then try to do them all. Basically you're trying to force it into thinking the white preview was the last used one.

Let me know how it goes! Feel free to DM me.

You have to change the UI yourself in Settings > Content Manager > Appearence. Then change the 'Theme' to 'White'.

As for it applying the old previews, I've also had this. I think it's a bug in Content Manager. Apply the white previews to a few more cars individually, restart CM, then a few more, then CM, then try to do them all. Basically you're trying to force it into thinking the white preview was the last used one.

Thanks for the help, I try your method apply individually on few cars then restart CM do the same for multiple times, unfortunately the old preview bug still there.

Nice work, very clever way to hide any borders and CM looks more modern too! I would like to request you in the next update to include also as preview preset the position of the car like Caterham photos. Noobs like me find it a little diffιcult to make them exact the same in showroom.(i dont understand why)

Last edited:

I'm having the same issue with my previews I'm updating each car individually however I close CM then keep repeating the process and when I try doing multiple it keeps using the stock kunos preview IDK if there's a certain amount of cars I need to do each time or what

Couldn't find a way to reply to your comment in the review section but to answer your question, I couldn't begin to tell you what or why it decided to finally work. I will say that for whatever reason, trying to confirm whether or not it had worked by hitting "Update Previews" after updating a different car guaranteed it wouldn't work, and it had only worked after I just went straight to trying to update all after updating one.

I've found a problem with this, I have the F302 Laguna BTCC car with these liveries: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f302-renault-laguna-btcc-skinpack.57251/ and https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/williams-renault-dealer-racing-22-jason-plato.57074/

When I use your preview as per your instructions, the livery seems to vanish and turns red in CM as well as in the game.

It looks like it's only affecting the liveries in the downloads, the F302 Laguna comes with #2 Livery which your update preview works successfully on. On the other ones, it doesn't work, so I assume there's something in the liveries that isn't compatible with your mod.

To fix it, I have to reinstall the mod/liveries and not use your preview with the rest of the skins which is fine and of course, not your problem.

Any ideas what it could be?

Edit again: after some investigation and going through all of my skins and finding a fix for white skins showing after using your update preview:

For some of my other liveries your preview just applies a white skin but in the game it shows up with a livery. So to fix this, I went into Skins > previews which updated the preview correctly and the white skin vanished. The issue with the red skin still remains.

Edit - 25/05/2023:

Issue with skins going red found, it was an issue with the livery itself missing the "car_paint" file. I copied one of the livery files and renamed it "car_paint" and then ran the preview and it worked.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea