Community Question | Best Racing Game of All Time?

GTR2 !!! Of course.And of course, as a user of all "modern" racing simulations,except I-racing,i must say there`s nothing that could replace my beloved GTR2.Every sim has its own individual strength and weakness.But the "overall experience" in a simple,but also ultra-flexible programme? After all this time,still alive and well,absolutely unique,fantastic, holy !!! Long live GTR2.

GTR2 through to GTR Evolution. Simbin could do no wrong once GTR was killed off with the Starforce protection nonsense.

But overall warm fuzzy feels belong to GTR Evolution. It was the icing on the cake of that era for mine. :thumbsup:

Grand Prix 4 was the best for its time, same with GTR2, no modern Sim has been able to reach the level those had for their respective time, things like AI are no better now for example, maybe even worse, 3rd overall I would give to Race 07, it kinda was GTR2 just more modern.
Even tho I haven´t played them for ages all 3 of them on their own probably have more hours I played them than all the modern sims combined

There is none. But my favourite is Assetto Corsa, nice amount of base content, active community and tons of mods.

My favourite arcade game is of course Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005).

Top Gear, for the Super Nintendo, and Mario Kart as well :inlove:

These are my favorites.

Then Driver, for the first playstation.

Then Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005), for Playstation 2.

Then Carmageddon, Monaco Grand Prix, and Supercross 2000 for the Nintendo 64

Then for PC:

- GTR2, Automobilista, rFactor 2 and Race07 (with all it's expansions) on first position;

Then:
- Racedriver GRID (2008);
- Assetto Corsa, ProjectCARS 2, F1 2012

Last edited:
Opinions, opinions, opinions.... everyone has one, and none of them are ever wrong, but that isn't going to stop us having a good old fashioned debate now, is it?!?

The rules of this little conversation piece are simple - please stay respectful to each other even if you don't agree with what is being said.. let's have fun, not war!

The question I want to throw out to the sim racing community here at RaceDepartment is a simple one on face value, but something of a challenge when you take a moment to sit back and think about the many possibilities, and why a certain game might resonate with you personally.

In scope for this discussion are racing games of any variety whatsoever. From hardcore sim to arcade racer, management game, top down fun run and everything in between!

So good people of RD - what is the Best Racing Game of all Time, in your opinion?

Mine? Assetto Corsa..Nice that I can add tracks and cars, you can tweak it the way you like and great realistic drive!

For the people who still play GTR2, Race07 and Automobilista, let's get in touch! Have some fun together! :inlove:

Like this post and I'll get in touch with you and create a group somewhere so we can add each other on Steam and race together.

In terms of content and overall fun, Assetto Corsa for me. In terms of features and depth of detail I'd say ACC.
Most nostalgic I am for GT Legends, still have it installed and play it from time to time. Works quite well with the Anniversary patch.

If you ask me again in a year or two, AMS2 may very well cover all those excpet nostalgia of course :)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.2%