By now, we realise the graphics are good and the size is definitely adequate, it needs ability to log any button to any control, use any pedal set with fully adjustable settings, but peripheral support and actual gameplay, will determine if this becomes, one of the all time great sims.. I'm praying...

Last edited:
If you want to see how powerful the game engine is I recommend you look at this, pretty amazing and so fast compared to other programs.

The acid test (as people have wondered already) is the system requirements needed to run this beasty of game engine.

A bit Off Topic here, but just imagine talented modders understanding the way of UE4, this summer with the EA of Assetto Corsa, and bringing to life modded tracks. It will take some time, but I'm sure eventually the power of UE4 will be unleashed!

A bit Off Topic here, but just imagine talented modders understanding the way of UE4, this summer with the EA of Assetto Corsa, and bringing to life modded tracks. It will take some time, but I'm sure eventually the power of UE4 will be unleashed!
Just like pC1 and pC2, ACC won't support modding. It was already confirmed the other day.

It's not that it won't be moddable at all, but modding tools such as "kS Editor" won't be provided, the engine brand new, the way the game works completely different; which essentially means that the widespread collection of ugly and horribly modded drifting cars won't find its way to this game. Which is a good thing.

Some car mods might appear, eventually. But to even consider the idea of having a fully open game like AC is delusional at best. Companies don't like when people mess around with their licenses. That's why you don't see mods for F1 or WRC games other than skins and little else. And if this is supposed to be a faithful representation of the BES/BSS, it wouldn't be difficult to think that most of the stuff would be locked and unaccessible.

My prediction? Semi-official support for custom liveries (it's an "eSports" oriented game, built for online racing, afterall) and new encryption for all models of cars and tracks. When and if somebody will crack those, it might just be for offline use only, perhaps with extra protections not to ruin the online experience they (the developers and the license holder, SRO) have in mind.

With that offtopic out of the way, though, I can't help but be skeptical about this Dakar game. I grew up for 25 years among rally cars, I saw the Gr.Bs, then the Gr.As, then the WRCs, then the S2000s so anything that goes flatout on offroad courses is great to me, but for a game that is allegedly 6 months or so away from release to have literally 0% of actual ingame footage/gameplay, it's a huge red flag the size of a shipment container. These renders and still images are great and all, but they are of very little interest if they don't show them in motion.

Show me some real gameplay. Then I will get "excited".

Wonder how they'll simulate dust. Kinda random thing to focus on but if it's gonna be a true Dakar sim then you can't have Dakar without dust. Will wet / muddy terrain have different dust effects compared to the desert sections. Will wind kick up dust sometimes? Would make it harder to see the already sparse landmarks to navigate.

It seems a lot blurrier than my preference, I like my graphics clean and sharp. If may be the way too many effects and post-process enabled. Only time will tell. Since ACC will be using UE4, I really hope UE4 will deliver in simracing. Thanks RD for the continuous updates :)

Some idiot in charge of publicity right now decided that it looks "better" with a strong bloom filter. I wouldn't be concerned about this.

yep, gameplay footage would indeed be interesting. I really wonder how that Unreal Engine can / may be combined with complex driving physics as in AC or iRacing. Anyone else noticed how GTR3 (also based on Unreal Engine) so far has not shown us a moving car? (or did I miss the best bits, as usual?) The video of ACC looks fine but does not really tell you much about how the physics translate to feel on the wheel.

28516414_1613305285419571_4843046498021990356_o.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 547 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 345 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 364 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 184 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 26.9%
Back