• Deleted member 503495

Possibility for at least Richard Burns level of authenticity and some customization opportunities. Mid-stage saves, offline and online team co-op/management system.

DAKAR 18 - Stage 4 Marcona Ica Peru. .jpg DAKAR 18 - Stage 5 Marcona Ica Peru to Arequipa.jpg DAKAR%2018%20-%20Stage%2010%20%20Saltato%20Belén%20-%20Catamarca%20Argentina%20.jpg DAKAR%2018%20Stage%208%20%20Uyuni​%20to%20Tupiza%20Bolivia.jpg DAKAR%2018%20Stage%2011%20Belén%20-%20Catamarca%20Argentina%20to%20Chilecito..jpg DAKAR%2018%20Stage%2013%20-%20San%20Juan%20Argentina%20and%20Córdoba%20Argentina..jpg
At long last we have moving footage of DAKAR 18!

Well is sure has taken a while, but as promised Big Moon Studios have shown the upcoming DAKAR 18 in moving form to the world!

Now before you get too excited just be aware that these aren't exactly the most revealing of videos, just short and sharp pieces of footage from cars and bikes driving in (nearly) straight lines, however at least it is one step closer to seeing what we might be able to expect when the game comes out later in the year.

So folks, have a feat on these videos and see what you think....

DAKAR 18 is scheduled to release 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the brand new Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited? Looking forward to DAKAR 18? What are your impressions from the (very) brief footage revealed? Let us know in the comments section below!

I love the machinery, but how do you turn this into a *game*? Seems like a *lot* of driving in a straight line, waiting for stuff to happen. I guess it all depends on the terrain.

Done right, it could be like an open-world Dirt Rally.

Done wrong, it could be a cure for insomnia.

Well... graphics are ok, surface physics are pretty bad (like the smoke/dust) but that maybe will be fixed. Virtual Steering Wheel movement from (i think) controller input is bad, to fast but maybe with Sensitive settings will be good.
I think this will be a good/decent game anyway, i want to try it, the free road map to achieve the finish location will be fun.
Sry about my english.

Saw the videos the other day on a different website. The vehicle movement and physics look hilarious. I seriously hope is still WIP. I want this game to be truly good, and not just another arcadish trophy truck game, but with Raid vehicles.

Slow down the Peugeot video at 0.25 speed on Youtube. During the transition between the clips, in the second one you can see the steering wheel almost straight, then a small movement and suddenly the car turns roughly 45° right. By the time the wheel goes back to being straight, the car is still rotating and turning.

Rally and raid cars are capable of very swift movements and agility, but that in the video is too innatural to be realistic.

It confirms that the graphics are good and the game is not a scam in that department, but it looks like it'll have an arcade physics model. It's either that or the clip is played via a controller and the game is tailored around that rather than a proper wheel+pedals set. Can't be worse than pC now, can it?

Why doesn't the steering wheel move with all the bumps/jumps? Hmmm.....

Graphics look good enough and it seems to be progressing though.
Yeah, the steering wheel should move because of the uneven terrain. Even on track in real life the steering wheel moves a lot from the uneven tarmac. These cars should be shaking all over. Also the bike going over sand should wobble here and there. Its all too "clean" so far, but hopefully its just some WIP footage of what it looks like in motion before everything is "connected". If this is the final result however when it comes to how the vehicles behave then it will definitely be arcade. Very arcade.

It looks pretty good, but.
I know it's a wip version, but, the optimization is really bad? mmmmh
I say this because those videos are recorded at 50fps and not at 60fps like any of your other videos .. That made me think bad things. :p
What computer has been used? Is it possible to know? Or is Top secret? :D
Please tell me that this game does not have the performance like the "Kingdom Come Deliverance"
anyway i repeat It looks pretty good, better than i expected :thumbsup:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house