You automatically unlock all stages for any individual profile upon completion of the Dakar. However the new feature in v1.10 allows you to take any vehicle on any stage in any difficulty level at any time.

Personally I think Paul, Bram & the team do a bloody good job at bringing news to the forefront. I for one would miss a lot of the news if it wasn't for their efforts. They burn the candle at both ends sometimes to keep this community alive & vibrant, keep you at the user end informed. You can decide for yourself if a game or patch is pants without resorting to sniping. Appreciate all your hard work Paul.:thumbsup:

Shame for this... wrong foot start but now, with one year experience, really looking forward to ther next Dakar. Which, I hope, will come.

The Developers have stated clearly that Dakar 19 is already in production. They have a team on the ground in Peru, I have seen some of the photos of their crew with Race Teams there. They are continuing to improve 18, but at some point will probably go full throttle on 19.

I think the easy part for them might actually be the environment. They have built the model of thousands of square miles of Peru and you can drive all over the country in Dakar 18, so maybe they have only to build the RoadBooks, which should be fairly easy, the Navigator sound files which is probably a nightmare, and focus on physics and the cars.

SxS Class Dakar 18 Championship run. The stage is two specials separated by a long neutralization. Special 1 goes very well, but in 2 I take a bad bump while in a turn and wind up on two wheels and facing a different way than I thought. After maybe 5 minutes lost, I wind up in a near head on as I try to find my way back. That is just the start of my troubles, as I later find myself up to the doors in mud. While trying to dig the car out, (I have very arthritic fingers on the keyboard) everything comes to a terribly quick end.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/767390/announcements/detail/1703948570350263736

New Features:
Added the French co-pilot voice audio
Added the Spanish co-pilot voice audio
Added custom time-of-day selection on “Quick Race”, so it is now possible to select the time of day before starting a “Quick Race”
Added custom weather selection on “Quick Race”, so it is now possible to select the Weather, Weather Forecast and Weather Forecast Delay before starting a “Quick Race”

Features improved:
Improved: In a Treasure Hunt / Multiplayer, players now also receive a UI information when another player finds a treasure
Improved: Top bar now displays more relevant information when in split screen mode (name of menu - player in control)
Improved: Sound effect when starting the treasure hunt celebration
Improved: Player's vehicle automatically enables wipers and head lights if necessary when entering an race
Improved: Vehicle headlights now cast shadows when Shadows video setting is set to Epic or Cinematic
Improved: RoadBook rotation animation

General Bugs fixed:
Fixed: Achievements wasn’t possible to trigger for Winner in Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
Fixed: Achievements wasn’t possible to trigger for Peruvian, Bolivian and Argentine Legend
Fixed: Potential crash when playing with Peugeot 3008 DKR
Fixed: Second special of stage 10 didn’t have fences and crowds
Fixed: RoadBook notes on the Game Menu would not change when using the Simplified RoadBook
Fixed: On “Quick Race” and “Multiplayer”, if a Waypoint was validated, UI would get confused showing Dakar Points
Fixed: Rain particles would not be presented if a level started without rain

Hi everyone, have been considering this game but hate the voice of the English co-driver. Has anyone tried the French co-driver? Even the Spanish one? Are they a bit calmer? Any videos you know of with the new voices?

Pilot Solyne Wells, Location Florida
Co-Pilot Cheshie Cheshire, Location Netherlands

Basically, we were connected via Discord voice and screen share. We used Voicemeter Banana to mix my voice and the game, and then I shared the screen with Cheshie, who streamed it live on Twitch. We could not manage to share and stream from the machine in either case due to serious lag. Eventually we got it done, and Cheshie is navigating using the Dakar 18 Roadbook App on his phone. Stages 1 and 2 went well, but could not yet get the game sounds to work in the stream, Stage 3 went beautifully.

This is how you drive Dakar 18.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362850176

I have heard good things about the other language codrivers, try joining us on Discord there will be folks who know much better than I about this. I have been working and experimenting on driving with human co-drivers, and working as co-driver myself. This has proven to be some of the most incredible driving experience in my life, and I am 65 years old and have driven many many racing sims.

Even though there are so many deficiencies in Dakar 18, this game really does bring the spirit of the event alive, and that is what attracts me, I have found it very difficult to return to most other sims since the release of this one.

And here we have a couple videos the other way around, I was navigating Cheshie driving... Paulo J Games the game's Producer saw some of our footage today and had a bit to say about it. He had just returned from Peru. He told us that all of the Dakar pilots are familiar with the game and most practice navigation on it. Anyway, here ya go,

DAKAR 18 Update 11.jpg

DAKAR 18 developers Bigmoon Studios have released the 11th update for their official 2018 DAKAR rally simulation.

The new release, deployed across both the PC and console platforms earlier today, contains a number of useful fixes and improvements to the game, and for the first time welcomes the inclusion of both a French and Spanish language co-driver - a blessed relief no doubt for those of us who tire of the overly enthusiastic American teammate making the calls in game currently...

Other update highlights include further customisation options for quick race settings relating to time of day and weather, and some minor animation tweaks to the all important roadbook navigation system within the title.

The full V11 update changelog can be seen in full below:

New Features
  • Added the French co-pilot voice audio
  • Added the Spanish co-pilot voice audio
  • Added custom time-of-day selection on “Quick Race”, so it is now possible to select the time of day before starting a “Quick Race”
  • Added custom weather selection on “Quick Race”, so it is now possible to select the Weather, Weather Forecast and Weather Forecast Delay before starting a “Quick Race”

Features improved
  • Improved: In a Treasure Hunt / Multiplayer, players now also receive a UI information when another player finds a treasure
  • Improved: Top bar now displays more relevant information when in split screen mode (name of menu - player in control)
  • Improved: Sound effect when starting the treasure hunt celebration
  • Improved: Player's vehicle automatically enables wipers and headlights if necessary when entering a race
  • Improved: RoadBook rotation animation

General Issues fixed
  • Fixed: Achievements weren’t possible to trigger for Winner in Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
  • Fixed: Achievements weren’t possible to trigger for Peruvian, Bolivian and Argentine Legend
  • Fixed: Potential crash when playing with Peugeot 3008 DKR
  • Fixed: Second special of stage 10 didn’t have fences and crowds
  • Fixed: RoadBook notes on the Game Menu would not change when using the Simplified RoadBook
  • Fixed: On “Quick Race” and “Multiplayer”, if a Waypoint was validated, UI would get confused showing Dakar Points
  • Fixed: Rain particles would not be presented if a level started without rain

DAKAR 18 is available for £39.99 on Steam now.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I don't want to be rude, but what is up with all these silly press releases and not a word on the front page about Sol for Assetto Corsa? That is the biggest news in sim racing this year. Why no coverage?

It is so odd to see this just now, Update 1.1 was released on Dec 21. Unless this has to do with the consoles here in the US, I remember hearing somewhere that PS4 Consoles were not updated until recently.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back