Dashboard BMW M6 GT3

Hello,
I present to you my project outstanding achievement, the dashboard of the BMW M6 GT3.
3D printing for the case, Arduino for electronics, Nextion HMI 4.3 "and 16 leds.

The Project :
31645033893_31b0190267_c.jpg

3d Model in Fusion 360 :
Design-Render.jpg

After many test of 3d print :
20181003_081953.jpg

Electronics :
20181003_204806.jpg

First test on my Accuforce V2 :
20181003_205543.jpg

Nextion Template in Assetto Corsa :

To follow the installation and wiring of the 16 LEDs...

For the display it is necessary to use the Nextion editor supplied with SimHub,
Capture-1.jpg

Capture-2.jpg

Capture-3.jpg

then it is necessary to do the mapping of the functions with the editor of SimHub
Capture-4.jpg

and finally the configuration of the LEDs also from SimHub
Capture-5.jpg

Upvote 0
I use a 5" waveshare lcd upside down with HMDI, USB for power and an annoying switch on the back for the backlight (https://www.waveshare.com/product/mini-pc/raspberry-pi/displays/5inch-hdmi-lcd-b.htm). And I run Z1 Dashboard on it. Would it be a lot of work to redesign your version to include a larger screen (different mounting points) and extra openings in the case for all the connections + switch? Maybe the switch opening is not needed (I'm using high eco mode in the bios soo this maybe turns off the screen when the pc is off, not sure, need to check).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very nice! Is it also for HDMI and usb connection?

I like the leds on the first design. Also using a fanatec csw so mounting is a bit different because the legs needs to be on the back soo it is flat.

I guess it needs a complete redesign to make it work ... Cause if leds are added the arduino needs to move to the side or top to access the usb connector as I have my lcd sitting very low on and against the frontplate of my wheelbase. I need to do this because else my wheel blocks the view :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you wish I give you the files Fusion 360 of the box 5inch. To you to add the LEDs.

Regarding the Nextion design, I do not distribute it yet.

Upvote 0
That would be great if you are willing to share the files of the 5inch box. I don't have any experience yet in Fusion 360 but this would give me a good base to get it started and learning the program.

Is the 5inch used for a waveshare lcd or an other brand?

Upvote 0
Hello,
I present to you my project outstanding achievement, the dashboard of the BMW M6 GT3.
3D printing for the case, Arduino for electronics, Nextion HMI 4.3 "and 16 leds.

The Project :
View attachment 272622

3d Model in Fusion 360 :
View attachment 272623

After many test of 3d print :
View attachment 272621

Electronics :
View attachment 272619

First test on my Accuforce V2 :
View attachment 272620

Nextion Template in Assetto Corsa :

To follow the installation and wiring of the 16 LEDs...
Hi Pset, would love to know how to wire this up :)

Upvote 0
I still had a unused Nextion 4,3 laying around, so i started this project this week. Somehow i could not get the support material with carbon filament working correctly. So after a couple of failed prints, i gave up.

Yesterday i drove a couple of laps with HPD ARX-01c and that gave me new inspiration. So in stead M6 dashboard i ended up with this prototype.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.6%