Did you Actually get a RTX3080/90? How?

Ha, and now I get notified on the other account I set up with EVGA.com. Pity I'm not planning on SLI :whistling:

You ask why do I have two accounts? Because I'm stupid and signed up for notification the first time without making an account. That email address got notified even without an account. By the end of Oct 6, I re-read EVGA's instructions and it made me think I needed the account to even be notified... apparently not and it was straight-forward to create an account for that original email address. Confused? Yes, I am.

Anyhow, it's a good sign that the 3090 FTW3 queue appears to be moving along nicely now. May all others in the queue be notified quickly.

I still have no leads on getting an RTX card. Anyone have any new leads in the USA? I have auto notify at EVGA. If there any way to see where I am in line? Any other distributers for the US?

• Deleted member 197115

I have a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC on the way from a pc shop called "Steels PC" in Australia.
Checked online yesterday and they showed one in stock so i ordered it and they shipped it the same day.
I'm from Australia.

Edit:
One week later and nothing , contacted them and found out they didn't even have it stock even though the web page showed it was , cancelled order , have since had another 3 unsuccessful attempts at getting one , very very frustrating.

Edit Edit:
I managed to get one now through https://www.bpctech.com.au/
Although it cost more because it was packaged with a gaming chair (Son's Xmas present)
But I am happy to pay the extra to have it now after the frustrations I had.

Last edited:
If I didn't feel like it was encouraging the scalpers, I'd buy an EVGA 3090 for well above retail right now. My Samsung Odyssey G9 arrives today, and my HP Reverb G2 arrives tomorrow... waiting for this GPU is going to start killing me...

Last edited:
From the UK....

I had one on pre-order but I was in a queue at position 30 but I've been in that queue since September 17th!

I managed to get one last week by selecting 'notify me' with another supplier on their website. This came through for me, I got the email, added card to checkout and they had a good enough system that it auto-retried for me over 150 attempts so I didn't have to keep trying.

Yesterday, quite a few more 3080's were on sale with the same supplier, exactly the same time that no one could get a 6800 XT.

I think we are going to see a lot more stock over the next two weeks. I've seen suppliers stating they are shipping around 500 per week to customers now

Strangely, but probably related to how much competition there is and how uncompetitive the price is, there seem to be a large selection of 3090's available in the UK for immediate delivery. I'm not tempted to shell out £1,500 on one of these, but if it were just a couple of hundred less and they had the Asus OC card available I expect I'd have cancelled my 3080 order and gone for it.

I still have no leads on getting an RTX card. Anyone have any new leads in the USA? I have auto notify at EVGA. If there any way to see where I am in line? Any other distributers for the US?

I was able to get a 3070 but canceled the order with Zotac. Look at this site and the discussion. I was on it for two weeks trying to get a 3080. You will eventually get one

- Zotac drops 3-30pm, 630-7pm and 930-1010pm
- Best buy 10-1110am
- Newegg is in the nigh most of the times 10pm but there have been drops around 6pm

Btw, on newegg also search 3080 bundle. It will be 3080's with either ram, motherboards, etc. It's done so bots don't pick it up. You can purchase that and return everything except the video card.

Last edited:
I was hoping that my weekly email telling me where I am in the queue for a 3080 would look much better this week in light of the 6800 XT release. Reading though it looks like they've got similar capacity issues and the performance is only on-par with the 3080, and a long way back if you use DLSS or Ray Tracing, so I could be wrong on that.

Scan and CCL in the UK have the 3090 stock, a few different models available right now. I bought one online last night. I read some forums discussing PSU requirements this morning, and my 750watt PSU may or not have enough juice, some people's experiences vary. So 1000watt PSU is on its way too.

As I am a YouTuber of some renown (according to my cat) I will post some vids when it arrives followed by some testing content shenanigans.

I picked up a 3080 from CCL yesterday, and it's getting delivered tomorrow. It is worth setting up a notification on their website, as I got one as soon as they came into stock. I went down the oc route initially, but I think I made the right decision to refund from them, and look elsewhere. It seems their stock situation hasn't really improved in 2 months.

I actually purchased a 3090 on Amazon last week due to arrive next week as I was so fed up trawling the web to find a 3080. In the meantime I managed to get my 3080 from CCL last week so I cancelled the 3090.

I was never comfortable with the cost of the 3090 for gaming. Just a bit too much for me. I think if the 3080 hadn't come up I probably would have kept the 3090 though.

Last edited:
I actually purchased a 3090 on Amazon last week due to arrive next week as I was so fed up trawling the web to find a 3080. In the meantime I managed to get my 3080 from CCL last week so I cancelled the 3090.

I was never comfortable with the cost of the 3090 for gaming. Just a bit too much for me. I think if the 3080 hadn't come up I probably would have kept the 3090 though.
Was the 3090 actually available on Amazon at retail price. USA? Or did you pay the skip the line price?

With me it was just a case of dumb luck. I hadn't pre-ordered one anywhere, but for about three weeks or so I've been checking various websites to see if they had any 3080s in stock, without success.
But on Sunday evening, I happened to check out a website here in Germany called mindfactory.de. And they had five
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OCs in stock. I thought, that's too good to be true, where's the catch? But I ordered one anyway, and got a confirmation mail a few minutes later to say that the payment with Paypal had gone through, and my card was reserved for me. And it came on Tuesday morning. Happy days!
I must have hit exactly the right ten minutes because I went back to the site a few minutes later to look and wanted to send a link to my son-in-law to say: I've finally found one! But they had dissapeared in the meantime because they were sold out.
I paid € 983.90, which is absolutely outrageous I know, but it was still worth the money from the performance upgrade standpoint. It replaced a 1080, and it is really a quantum leap. I'm now skint, but totally chuffed :)

Last edited:
126495836_1323190641374345_8407529627497827298_n.jpg

New PC delivered from Scan fitted with a i9 10850k and RTX 3090 ;);):););)

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 30.9%