DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0: Season One - Stage Three Trailer Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Germany Trailer.jpg

A new trailer featuring the next batch of content coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 is here.

The stages of Germany will be the next DLC content drop for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 this month, coming in alongside the 2007 Ford Focus RS Rally and the Japanese might of the Subaru Impreza - one of the most iconic brands from the history of the World Rally Championship, and the manufacturer that helped make the name of the original DiRT Rally cover star - none other than 1995 WRC Champion Colin McRae.

The German rally and two new cars will be released during May and will be sold as separate items for standard edition players of the game. Deluxe Edition owners will be eligible to download the new content as part of their DiRT 2.0 Season Pass.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Simracers/gamers, ladies and gentlemen. Stay as far away from them as possible, because it's something no sane individual wants to experience willingly.

Its a pity that you have to use ad homined tactics to discredit my view -which in turn i expressed in a civil manner-, i applaud your efforts though. If a person questioning greedy tactics by a company is mentally ill then by all means call me ''crazy'' -and yes business is about making money as is consumer about making as ''smart'' as possible decisions-.

You want to pay more and get less, its your free choice, bravo. Its also my choice to view this as a non conscious buy. Because any person thinking to pay more in order to get less, puts progression to a halt and is not helping the community nor himself.

I can understand someone telling me that he is enjoying the game and its his money/his business but lets not hide the fact that CM dropped the ball and the consumers didnt react to it but rather welcomed this decision.

edit: as a long time sim racer/gamer i helped funding many games just cause i respect ppls effort and work but not money grabs.

You think my intention was to appease the dislikes and change my stance...?

Hi, I'm Anthony. Nice to meet you. Clearly you don't know me from around here.

I don't know you and I don't know what your intentions were except the exact literal meaning of your words.

Please consider to understand that yourself as well, it would help to prevent such things from happening again. Waving around with some form of "hey I've been around here for a while, thereby you should know me" is quite elitist as well. Might not be what you want to communicate but it's how it reads.

Its a pity that you have to use ad homined tactics to discredit my view -which in turn i expressed in a civil manner
:confused:

Indeed, a very civil manner. Absolutely no trace of any insinuated insults whatsoever. Let me just quote it one more time:

Dirt 2.0 is a rip off and no matter if its personal choice spending money or simply lack of critical thinking the outcome is one and the same.

Despite knowning the DLC plans ppl still got the game. Im sorry but thats not a conscious consumer no matter what you tell me.

Keep giving them money and enjoy less for more.

This is apparently expressing different opinions in a civil manner. Could've fooled me.

Last edited:
@Martin Fiala lets agree to disagree and be done with it. Clearly you dont want to see my side so theres no need to keep this going.

Sorry for posting, will keep it to myself next time.

Enjoy.
I would pay little notice to a lot of peoples attitudes tbh man,
everyone here is entitled to there opinions no matter there race, some people just tend to get so touchy feelings happens quite a lot from my experience you give valuable positive feedback then get slaughtered but hey we are better than this no ?

Anyways to cut a long story short,
I do not agree adding tracks that was free in one game then making it DLC in a later title, I mentioned this before in an older thread its very shady tactics indeed,
but these tracks do take a lot of effort to add and re-texture and upgrade, imagine 1000,s of objects on just 1 track been slightly updated and smoothed to handle new shaders and texture settings, its still an incredible amount of work so do not mind so much to a certain point,
comparing the tracks and the surfaces and smaller details Dirt Rally 2 is much improved visually the lighting systems are way more advanced, looks like a solid update regarding the content is concerned tbh,

People are complaining over adding DR1 tracks to DR2, but yet everyone buys Codemasters F1 games the tracks never change hardly year to year either,
I have been playing with codemasters content since day 1 in the 90,s they have always added tracks from 1 game to another game, you cant expect them to create 100% brand new tracks at the same locations but they do improve and add settings here or there,

I do highly disagree with adding even more DLC for sale when the base game as so many issues with steering wheels and the feedback from surfaces, that to me seems more strange than adding DR1 tracks to DR2,

Aanyways just my opinion let people believe, think, feel what they want, I am a big boy who cares. :D

You just have to watch this to see the massive differences.

Last edited:
they didn't even change anything? this one does not look at all improved, still has horrible textures. I can't wait for WRC 8 the environment design is a lot natural, even though the standard maps in this game weren't bad overall it's still a lost cause in terms of stage variety, and its not OK to just give us them in the next title. This was suppose to be a better version of the first game all around. If they are just going to copy and paste stages I think we could all agree that they should at least make up for it by giving us every location from the last game. So many people feel the same way, so why are they ignoring the community?

@Andrew_WOT

It's a question of taste and my own taste is that DR 2.0 is too much saturated buuut, It's my own and personal thought, I'm not in the way to convince anyone.

As I wrote before, I'm back on Dirt Rally (for me there is no "1") and I appreciate always a lot Greece for example, the ambiance is great by heat, by colors, by mood... you are in !
In "Dirt Rally 2.0", some improvements on previous stages, that's OK here but I can't enjoy it on Monte-Carlo and Sweden because... you can guess the rest and It's really frustrating.

I'm not here to tell "Dirt Rally is fantastic" because I'm not a fanatic of any game, there is always something's wrong, some misses, the AI from "outer space", anyway It stills games which are always a great experience of virtual driving... many years after the release.

For "Dirt Rally 2.0", I didn't gave any opinion on Steam (I waited nearly 800 hours for "Dirt Rally" !^^) because I can't get any good (clever !?) informations without some effects in my arms.

I feel like @CC for driving, I still completely lost so all my respect for all the virtual drivers who can enjoy it in the actual state.

Cheers ! ;)

Last edited:
yes the physics are very good, weve just been spoilt with a lot of great stages in other titles through mods and I can tell you it makes a difference. I just think the DLC should have matched the new ones more in terms of quality and visually they feel a bit out of place
Hmm really? I thought the DLC stages are among best looking stages. Maybe because I like snow environments, coming from Finland and being very accustomed to similar scenery IRL. Sweden looks 1:1 like Finland looks in winter time IRL

But of course I would have liked completely new stages much more... still, the new physics uplift the value of the old stages too

What Codemasters should do is go back and get the licence for TOCA again. REDO all those cars from way back for this Generation of hardware etc etc. That would be freaking EPIC.
They would sell a Brazillian copies I BET

• Deleted member 197115

@Andrew_WOT

It's a question of taste and my own taste is that DR 2.0 is too much saturated buuut, It's my own and personal thought, I'm not in the way to convince anyone.

As I wrote before, I'm back on Dirt Rally (for me there is no "1") and I appreciate always a lot Greece for example, the ambiance is great by heat, by colors, by mood... you are in !
In "Dirt Rally 2.0", some improvements on previous stages, that's OK here but I can't enjoy it on Monte-Carlo and Sweden because... you can guess the rest and It's really frustrating.

I'm not here to tell "Dirt Rally is fantastic" because I'm not a fanatic of any game, there is always something's wrong, some misses, the AI from "outer space", anyway It stills games which are always a great experience of virtual driving... many years after the release.

For "Dirt Rally 2.0", I didn't gave any opinion on Steam (I waited nearly 800 hours for "Dirt Rally" !^^) because I can get any good (clever !?) informations without some effects in my arms.

I feel like @CC for driving, I still completely lost so all my respect for all the virtual drivers who can enjoy it in the actual state.

Cheers ! ;)
Oh, it was your video. Good stuff. Why you are saying it's just your opinion, your video proved the point just fine. Textures are better in DR, esp. cockpit which is really step backward in DR2.

This is not my video, sorry if I put some trouble about the true author ! :(
He made a great work in it, exhaustive and really interesting, big thanks go to him.

My son, who is always upgrading his hardware to the top... and not interesting at all in racing games often tell me on some graphic issues (AC and ACC for the story) "Dad, the graphics could be better, people and ambiance are not well done !"
I always told him with a large smile "Well you know my beloved son, I focus on the track so I haven't the time to look somewhere else !^^"

I don't want to make a digression but the sound design in racing games (after pleasure of virtual driving) is my second priority.

Sorry again if my answer put some confusion in your mind about the video.! :unsure:

Cheers ! ;)

I never understand people moaning about "recycled" content, I mean it's not a direct copy and paste they have updated it with higher res textures and the likes [...]

They did not. In the comparison screenshots of the Monaco stages the Dirt 1 settings were clearly set to low to create the impression of an improvement.
That should tell you all you need to know to avoid this cashgrab.

Hmm really? I thought the DLC stages are among best looking stages. Maybe because I like snow environments, coming from Finland and being very accustomed to similar scenery IRL. Sweden looks 1:1 like Finland looks in winter time IRL

But of course I would have liked completely new stages much more... still, the new physics uplift the value of the old stages too
Well to be honest, I was playing Finland earlier for the first time and thought if they'd put as much effort into making the rest a bit nicer looking then I wouldn't have any complaints

I’m pretty disappointed it’s that scooby to be quite honest. I’d love to see the 1997 or 1998 McRae car with the big wing and beefed up panels. We’ve had one ‘new’ DLC car so far which is the Skoda so maybe there’s hope for future season releases. Who knows. It’s just quite telling that I’ve barely put any hours into this game yet compared with the time I put into the original.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 70 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 26 32.9%