Display port help

Ok so you guys might be able to answer this but I have a 2080ti and it has two display porta and a min display port I have to use all these ports to run my triple screens at 144hz. I want to get the rift s vR but it runs off of a display port as well.... I’m worried that I will have to unplug 1 display port every time I want to run the vr headset and that will mess up the invidea surround. is there any work around for this that someone has come up with

Ok so you guys might be able to answer this but I have a 2080ti and it has two display porta and a min display port I have to use all these ports to run my triple screens at 144hz. I want to get the rift s vR but it runs off of a display port as well.... I’m worried that I will have to unplug 1 display port every time I want to run the vr headset and that will mess up the invidea surround. is there any work around for this that someone has come up with

What's the brand & model of the 2080ti. I've had a look at the specs on a few 2080ti cards & they all have a minimum of four ports: 3 DP & 1 hdmi. The Rift S connects to an hdmi port.

Ya I have the asus strik 2080ti it has 2 display ports and 1 mini and two HDMI. The main problem is Ive heard non of the display port to HDMI adapters work due to the higher refresh rate needed for the 80hz

the problem is I just built the computer and bought the asus strix RTX 2080ti video card when I should have bought the MSI RTX 2080ti cause that one comes with three display ports and 1 usb-c.... damn anyone want to buy a brand new RTX 2080ti LOL

Got caught out with this too last time with a 1080ti.

When upgraded to 2080ti I made sure I checked I was getting one with 3xDP plus USB-C/Virtualink. I don't think there's any way around your issue if you want to maintain high refresh rates across the triples.

In my current set-up (with a EVGA 2080ti FTW3) I run 3x triples at 165Hz off the 3 DP connectors, and my Index headset off a USB-C --> DP adaptor and that works perfectly.

Despite having a spare HDMI port on the 2080ti, I run a 4th monitor off the motherboard HDMI output, as the cards (all of them I understand) can't handle all the outputs full, it's a maximum of 4 simultaneously.

As said above, your USB-C might be able to output *two* (not one) displayport connections via the right adapter.

Can anyone confirm that if you disconnect one monitor to use the DP for a VR headset that you lose Nvidia surround/triple screen settings for games? Or will it remember once you reconnect that screen?

Can anyone confirm that if you disconnect one monitor to use the DP for a VR headset that you lose Nvidia surround/triple screen settings for games? Or will it remember once you reconnect that screen?

I'm pretty sure it needs surround setting up again from Nvidia control panel every time.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • McLaren

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • Toyota

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 12.7%