Does Watkins Glen use more resources than other tracks ?

The track is fantastic, but I noticed with my older PC where I can normally run about 15 cars on other tracks this one has quite a few hesitations that I don't usually see.
Nothing against the track, I'm just trying to see If its my PC or the track thats using more resources now.
Great work on the track its fantastic !

I just finished a race over at simracingsystem using lilski_watkins_glen_1.0 on the Boot variant. Probably once or twice a lap with a grid size of 20 or so in multiplayer, my normally 120Hz rock solid frame rate would drop to ~15Hz or so for about 2-3 seconds at a time. It happened in probably 5 or 6 different spots on the track, but not every lap in the same spot.

My hypothesis is that something is happening to the CPU when other drivers put their car into a wall, but I don't really have a good way to be sure, as replays don't seem to replicate the framerate loss.

Anyone else seeing this? @liski, any chance I could give that low res texture pack a try if that's something that exists in the world? Not sure that would help... I don't think I'm hurting on video ram.

Specs for this machine are as follows:
i5-6600K @ 3.5Ghz
16GB ram
GTX970 (4GB ram)

I run a similar spec machine with triple screens and have never had an issue like that. And I raced two 24+ car league races (GT and Open wheel) last season with no issue. There is no way the track is using 4GB of video memory. I could send lower resolution trees but I highly doubt it will do anything. With that big of a drop I would look at the machine doing something in the background using up the CPU.

Yeah, I think something was just amiss with my Windows session as rebooting (up time was approaching 1 month) seemed to fix the problem for the race on the next day... even with all my normal stuff turned back on (Post process, shadows, 8x AA, etc..). Thanks for the reply. :)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 38 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.9%