Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside the nextion editor It's possible to import pages in a template indeed, but it's not a ready to use way
As it will generate conflicts with component names/page names, it's not possible to do the same inside simhub mapping editor, so you will have to re-do the mapping considering the final composition of the template.
Thanks for answering, it is complicated nextion, I did not expect it to be so complicated and that there are so few templates, I will have to research a lot to do one that I like

Thanks for answering, it is complicated nextion, I did not expect it to be so complicated and that there are so few templates, I will have to research a lot to do one that I like
I admit the editor is not really comfortable, last year I've been harassing the manufacturer in order to make it more open and allow easier template building, but sadly there is no move to expect from them so the current process is the simplest I could offer considering the wall I've hit with them :( .

hoping to be not too much disturbing….
but is there a database of template for shake-it realteus for iracing in order to find presets already prepared from some users??
there is a webiste in which download preset data for shake-it?
thx

I am very impressed with what Simhub has to offer and its ease of use. Out of curiosity I've never seen anything about clutch feedback. Do games include clutch telemetry and could that data be used for clutch feedback?

TIA and great work!

Last edited:
I'm having some difficulty setting up the ShakeIt settings. So far, I've got the UNO chatting correctly with the computer, and all motors have been tested through the SimHub app and work great. I'm using the typical vibration motors from an Xbox controller, and my motor arrangement is as follows:
  • Motor #1 - Brake pedal, low frequency
  • Motor #2 - Brake pedal, high frequency
  • Motor #3 - Gas pedal, high frequency
  • Motor #4 - underside of shifter, low frequency (for idle vibrations)
My question is in regard to assigning specific effects to specific motors. For example, in the "Effects" menu, I see a whole range of options (Wheel slip, wheel lock, road feedback, acceleration slip, and so on), but I don't see where you can assign a specific feedback to just one specific motor. I see where you can assign certain effects to specific motors, but most of the parameters available in the effects menu are not available here. For example, I'd like the motor #1 (brake, low freq.) to fire only when ABS is active, and motor #2 when wheel lock occurs. Also, motor #3 (gas pedal) to fire only when wheelspin under power occurs, and so on. How can I establish this level of control?

Wotever, thank you for providing such a wonderful tool! I've only just begun with it but I can see that it's immensely powerful.

Last edited:
hoping to be not too much disturbing….
but is there a database of template for shake-it realteus for iracing in order to find presets already prepared from some users??
there is a webiste in which download preset data for shake-it?
thx
Hi ! Not currently, the support is really young and previously it was not a subject as arduino based shakeit was leading to pretty unique setups for each person. Easy sharing is something I'm currently reworking with new major version of shakeit, And it will be much more friendly for off-the shelves hardware like forcefeel.
I admit I a bit torn between investing more time on the current version which only have, I hope, a few weeks to hold until this new version will get ready. That's a hard balance to find :(, but I do my best to give something which will blow away the current shakeit version.

I am very impressed with what Simhub has to offer and its ease of use. Out of curiosity I've never seen anything about clutch feedback. Do games include clutch telemetry and could that data be used for clutch feedback?

TIA and great work!
Hi ! Thanks for your feedback !
Currently, the only data given if the position of clutch, to get something interesting with clutch it would require to get the friction point or something similar so you could feel the clutch grip. I already had some people suggesting some approximations, but i'm always cautious about approximations as it's prone to huge false positives.

I'm having some difficulty setting up the ShakeIt settings. So far, I've got the UNO chatting correctly with the computer, and all motors have been tested through the SimHub app and work great. I'm using the typical vibration motors from an Xbox controller, and my motor arrangement is as follows:
  • Motor #1 - Brake pedal, low frequency
  • Motor #2 - Brake pedal, high frequency
  • Motor #3 - Gas pedal, high frequency
  • Motor #4 - underside of shifter, low frequency (for idle vibrations)
My question is in regard to assigning specific effects to specific motors. For example, in the "Effects" menu, I see a whole range of options (Wheel slip, wheel lock, road feedback, clutch, and so on), but I don't see where you can assign a specific feedback to just one specific motor. I see where you can assign certain effects to specific motors, but most of the parameters available in the effects menu are not available here. For example, I'd like the motor #1 (brake, low freq.) to fire only when ABS is active, and motor #2 when wheel lock occurs. Also, motor #3 (gas pedal) to fire only when wheelspin under power occurs, and so on. How can I establish this level of control?

Wotever, thank you for providing such a wonderful tool! I've only just begun with it but I can see that it's immensely powerful.
It's not possible to go so deep yet, currently you only can allocate % for each motors (which will translate into frequencies) here, but effects are unique for now. :
upload_2019-3-11_13-58-16.png

Multiple effects instance with separate settings and allocations will come with new shakeit where you will get way more freedom, you can see a preview here : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-280#post-2927934
I've really tried to take into account all the feedback from the last years, so it's a whole new engine, keeping what was popular and erasing all the shakeit youthful mistakes.

It's not possible to go so deep yet, currently you only can allocate % for each motors (which will translate into frequencies) here, but effects are unique for now. : View attachment 296007

Multiple effects instance with separate settings and allocations will come with new shakeit where you will get way more freedom, you can see a preview here : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-280#post-2927934
I've really tried to take into account all the feedback from the last years, so it's a whole new engine, keeping what was popular and erasing all the shakeit youthful mistakes.
Wow, thanks for the quick response! I can see from the preview you linked that your next release of ShakeIt will have that functionality I'm after, looks great! I'll try to find the discord, would love to help with beta when the time comes.

Hi ! Thanks for your feedback !
Currently, the only data given if the position of clutch, to get something interesting with clutch it would require to get the friction point or something similar so you could feel the clutch grip. I already had some people suggesting some approximations, but i'm always cautious about approximations as it's prone to huge false positives.
When the gear has not entered because you have not stepped on the clutch, can you extract that telemetry? You could put a vibrator when the gear has failed or even a system that does not stop the gear

When the gear has not entered because you have not stepped on the clutch, can you extract that telemetry? You could put a vibrator when the gear has failed or even a system that does not stop the gear
Iracing has this data out of box, but in other games you don't have the required data, however for manuals on other games I have my little idea how to catch it anyway when you have a proper h shifter ;)

Hi @Wotever!

First, thanks for all your amazing developments.
Then, I have a question (of course ;)
I tried to use the Realtus with simhub (8 motors in the shakeit settings), but somehow even though I have activated wheel slide and wheel lock and acceleration slide etc., in ACC I hardly get any effect out of the seat (simshaker is different there).
In iracing it is similar, that only few effects seem to be working.

An additional question: with the Fanatec v3 pedals, I added motors 9 & 10 for brake and throttle vibration (again for acceleration slide and wheel lock) but I never get any vibration in the paddles, regardless of sim.

Thanks for your help!

hi ..i use lcd oled, I would like to see some letters, I tried but without results .... can you put me an example ..? .. thanks Leonardo

Here a simple example :
Code:
[Text]
X=0
Y=40
Color=1
Text='Hello'
FontSize=2
Align=3
visible=1

Make sure to put quotes around the text as everything is formula, so you must mark your string.

Hi @Wotever!

First, thanks for all your amazing developments.
Then, I have a question (of course ;)
I tried to use the Realtus with simhub (8 motors in the shakeit settings), but somehow even though I have activated wheel slide and wheel lock and acceleration slide etc., in ACC I hardly get any effect out of the seat (simshaker is different there).
In iracing it is similar, that only few effects seem to be working.

An additional question: with the Fanatec v3 pedals, I added motors 9 & 10 for brake and throttle vibration (again for acceleration slide and wheel lock) but I never get any vibration in the paddles, regardless of sim.

Thanks for your help!
Hi !

Let's start with the end ;)
About fanatec pedals make sure it's plugged using USB :
https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino-Shake-It#fanatec-pedals-vibration-motor-support

Concerning wheel slide and lock it depends a lot of the settings,

Best way to give it "more presence" is to switch to gamma mode and give it a higher gamma :
upload_2019-3-11_19-52-4.png

I've made ShakeIt to fit a very large variety of hardwares and situations so default settings may not fit your needs, and it requires more tuning than simshaker I agree (large flexibility often is not the friend of "out the box" :D),
To be totally transparent shakeit was not originally intended to include "off the shelf" hardware such as forcefeel or gametrix, those hardwares are really different from DIY hardware : DIY hardware behaviour can't be predicted, while hardware such as forcefeel have a predefined behaviour which is a really different philosophy,
But the new incoming version should get us back to a solid basis even for those new hardwares, you can see some preview here : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-280#post-2927934

Thanks for your quick reply!
I already had the pedals attached to USB and the options checked. However, while "test motor" gives a vibration, when in-game pedals stay silent.
Even the motors mostly stay dead (wheel-slide/lock, lateral accel …).
Don't know why…
Will have to wait, I think, for the next version :)

Thanks for your quick reply!
I already had the pedals attached to USB and the options checked. However, while "test motor" gives a vibration, when in-game pedals stay silent.
Even the motors mostly stay dead (wheel-slide/lock, lateral accel …).
Don't know why…
Will have to wait, I think, for the next version :)
Could you send your settings ? It's the following file : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\PluginsData\ShakeItSettingsV2.json.
Slide/slip .. effects it's based on the effective sliding seen from the wheels reported by the game, so if you are using TC/ABS it may kick out most sliding behaviors as it simply doesn't slip.

Inside the nextion editor It's possible to import pages in a template indeed, but it's not a ready to use way
As it will generate conflicts with component names/page names, it's not possible to do the same inside simhub mapping editor, so you will have to re-do the mapping considering the final composition of the template.
Going back to this topic, the templates of Butonz share the names, right? Could they all be put in a nextion or would it be too much for their memory? To do this, you have to export each page and then import them all in a template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Watch party

Votes: 3 13.0%