DRIVER UPDATES HERE

Thanks for this, just last night I started to get the old runtime malarkey. Hasn't happened in a year or more. There I was thinking 'now i have to fix this'.... Hey Presto I see this all-in-one.

:thumbsup:
I'm currently using the latest NVidia driver and I had my very first Blue screen of death on this computer. I may roll it back.

Thanks for this, just last night I started to get the old runtime malarkey. Hasn't happened in a year or more. There I was thinking 'now i have to fix this'.... Hey Presto I see this all-in-one.

:thumbsup:
Just beware 1 or 2 newer sims ( rFactor 2 being one ) will still install older versions over the top when you first run them after a fresh OS but you can uninstall them np.

Steams VB archive is out of date as well you would think they could keep it and all software you have installed through them to be intelligently updated.
Like it's only 12 files updated once a blue moon, hopeless if you ask me.

Check: Drive:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013 ....version is out of date 5 years. lol

Last edited:
Just beware 1 or 2 newer sims ( rFactor 2 being one ) will still install older versions over the top when you first run them after a fresh OS but you can uninstall them np.

Steams VB archive is out of date as well you would think they could keep it and all software you have installed through them to be intelligently updated.
Like it's only 12 files updated once a blue moon, hopeless if you ask me.

Check: Drive:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013 ....version is out of date 5 years. lol

GTR2 is the only game I have.
I recently downloaded rFactor2 but haven't installed it yet. I got it for the new BTCC game. Thanks for the tip, I may need to come back to it after i've installed rFactor2.

Look at those installation logs for AMD chipset drivers.
I've noticed that during the last two chipset installs, the processor power management portion has failed on the first attempt.
It successfully installed each time on the second run.
The only way to know is to look at the log prior to restarting the PC.

Both my X570 get a update for System Devices\PCI Express Root Complex.
It changes it to "Pci Bus" where everything else is "PCI"
Can make other windows update fail as it kills all PCI , USB, wireless as it installs.
It used to be a optional update but now you can't hide it or anything else.
Untitled 1.jpg

Only thing works is downloading from catalog do a manual install then roll it back.

Google that driver I got this. wt? :coffee: lol
"Turns out the "AMD PCI Driver" isn't actually a PCI Driver... at all."

Last edited:
I installed the bundle and i've not had any repeat of the game crashing. Also....aliasing / graphics are much improved. So once again, thanks for this.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 291 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 317 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 187 27.2%
Back