DTM: R-Motorsport Aston Martin DTM Debuts on Track

Wow this Aston looks like some kind of a weapon, not a race car. Love it!
Maybe the flat gray paint makes it looks like a jet fighter, military helo or a missile or a fast attack speed boat.

I've heard the opposite from many people but I really like how the Aston looks. I hope it will somewhat competetive.
One thing I don't really understand that much though is people complaining about modern DTM. If the type of racing isn't to your liking, okay. If you don't like the cars, okay. But to say the racing is rubbish is utter nonsense. The DTM season last year was absolutely brilliant with some great battles, and I'd argue it was one of the best motorsport series to watch last year.

View attachment 294939
The new Aston Martin Vantage DTM car has broken cover – and what a looker it turned out to be...

Developed by R-Motorsport with assistance from former Mercedes DTM partners HWA and the AF Racing AG organisation, the 2019 Aston Martin Vantage DTM car was developed and built in record time ahead of the new season, with R-Motorsport claiming the whole process completed in less than 100 days – a remarkable feat for such a small team.

With such an impressive build project now all but complete, R-Motorsport took to the Jerez circuit early today for a series of installation laps with new driver Paul di Resta – the Scotsman completing six tours of the Spanish track before commencing a proper testing programme alongside their DTM rivals over the next few days.

View attachment 294938

Despite the very limited running undertaken so far, di Resta was enthusiastic about his initial feeling with the car, and the job his new team have done over the winter months.

The car felt good right from the start,” said di Resta.​

“The team has done an incredibly good job of bringing such a beautiful and highly driveable racing car onto the track in such a short time. Right from the roll-out, everything was working perfectly, and I immediately had a good feeling in the car. I’m now looking forward to it to the first test session tomorrow.”

Di Resta will take the opening two days of testing at Jerez, before handing over driving duties to new teammates Jake Dennis (Thursday) and Ferdinand von Habsburg on Friday.

Early days yet to judge the potential of the Vantage DTM, but one thing is for sure – if it goes as well as it looks, we could well have a new championship challenger this season!

View attachment 294940

For more news and discussion about the 2019 DTM season, as well as motorsport in general, check out the RaceDepartment Motorsport Sub Forum and involve yourself in the discussion today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Iam really lookinf forward to the DTM races this season already have my tickets :D

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 10 30.3%