E3 2018 - Assetto Corsa Competizione First Gameplay

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC First Gameplay 3.jpg ACC First Gameplay 4.jpg ACC First Gameplay 5.jpg ACC First Gameplay 6.jpg ACC First Gameplay 2.jpg ACC First Gameplay.jpg
With E3 now in full swing over in LA, the team behind Assetto Corsa Competizione have revealed first gameplay from this exciting upcoming sim racing title...

We've had a couple of videos already from the title in action as driven by guests at the E3 event in LA, but today Kunos Simulazioni have released what we've all been waiting for, in game capture footage of ACC direct from the work in progress version of the title... driven by someone who knows what they are doing too!

Using Unreal 4 as the core game engine, it is immediately noticeable even at this early stage of development how much of an improvement the graphics are in the upcoming game over the current Assetto Corsa title, a simulation which frankly still does a very solid job of holding its own in the graphics department despite its relative grand old age in the sim racing arena.

Now that Steam Early Access deployment is getting closer (remember we are expecting a "summer" release at the moment), Kunos have taken to the E3 2018 event with a playable version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, running the software on the Thrustmaster stand for visitors to have a go around the Monza circuit as the title makes its public debut over in Los Angeles..

On a side note, if you want to kill some time until more info on ACC is released, why not check out the ACC Wish List thread and leave a comment, or watch our exclusive interview with Stefano and Marco on their hopes and plans for the new title HERE and HERE

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Exciting times for sim racing fans, tell us what your impressions are below!

Last edited:
Well I'm more excited for the title now having seen it and heard it.
I guess some focus more on negatives than positives.

Note to devs, if possible regards the audio controls. Please, please give us control for more of the "individual sounds volumes" to create our own balance. One, in particular, I would like to see control for is curb sounds "brrrrrrrr".

Last edited:
Ah that's nothing... you should see his PMs ;)
He loves to call names and wish we get cancer.. has done so over and over again in the last couple of years to multiple members of the team over FB, Youtube, Twitter and now here.. but hey, what can you do? I guess it's just the inevitable part of being a game developer these days.

That behaviour is disgraceful and a step too far, regardless of whatever issues a game might have.

I've disagreed with you many times and still today see you as 50% genius for the handling and VR elements of AC on PC and 50% over emotional and unable to take genuine feedback let alone fair criticism - and you don't say sorry even when you/your team make mistakes which compounds the issue.

There is no excuse for the above but surely you do have to accept some responsibility for the rather odd way you react towards genuine feedback and criticism, I've seen you ban console players who listed genuine mistakes in your console version of AC, only for you then to look again find the mistake to be true and fix it. The console version of AC disappointed a lot of people and yes we were annoyed about the many unmet promises. Anyway that is all in the past now, the greater shame is just how much a missed opportunity it was, it could so easily have been the console game of this generation with a lot more polish, not to be and now forgotten.

You are one of those people I'd like to meet in real life to see what you are really like. Meeting people you think you disagree with is often enlightening. I suspect you are a lot more reasonable face to face but who knows.

Anyway, ACC looks promising on PC, I look forward to the EA for the 50% genius part, and I hope that is the only platform you release it on!

unable to take genuine feedback let alone fair criticism

I disagree with you on this part.
Feedback and criticism must be reliable and above all they need to be given with scientific approach and data. The great majority of time this does not happen: the feedback gets mostly ignored except when:
- The user backs his claim up with data > this is gladly accepted by any dev as it's a true "bug"
- The user claims he's a great driver and he knows the game is wrong because of his feeling, but this can be fixed adding random number to the physics > this can carry nothing good (depending on the dev's mood).

Knowing the amount of hours passed in crunch time, the social deprivations, the sore back and the tired eyes, you should understand how disrespectful some comments can be towards the devs.

In the last three days I've read so many idiotic comments by incompetent people regarding AC and ACC that I could really react in a bad way; luckily most of the time my patience is great.

I disagree with you on this part.
Feedback and criticism must be reliable and above all they need to be given with scientific approach and data. The great majority of time this does not happen: the feedback gets mostly ignored except when:
- The user backs his claim up with data > this is gladly accepted by any dev as it's a true "bug"
- The user claims he's a great driver and he knows the game is wrong because of his feeling, but this can be fixed adding random number to the physics > this can carry nothing good (depending on the dev's mood).

Knowing the amount of hours passed in crunch time, the social deprivations, the sore back and the tired eyes, you should understand how disrespectful some comments can be towards the devs.

In the last three days I've read so many idiotic comments by incompetent people regarding AC and ACC that I could really react in a bad way; luckily most of the time my patience is great.

Hmm...then it seems we certainly have to disagree on the data driven part.

- You (by which I mean Kunos) launched the console Ultimate Edition without the Special Events for all the content. When informed of this you ignored us for several weeks and then finally, admitted you didn't realise it wasn't included and eventually, weeks later fixed the issue. Your media people also posted admitting it was players that pointed out the error that your team missed. And as we are being 'factual' this didn't happen once, it happened on every console DLC pack.

- When I pointed out with plentiful screen shots and data that the special event challenges required console users to achieve times 1 second faster than the PC times this was initially ignored. Then it was fixed for a time and yet the same 'bug' is back in the game today. And no the console version of the cars or tracks are not 'faster' than the PC version.

- Many promises of PC version parity were made and repeated in press articles yet these claims were never delivered - simple things like actual customisable controls that work and allow console players to use all the functionality of the cars.

- The fact Kunos released console versions of the game never having tested it on consumer consoles (only dev kits) and were then surprised by the issues actual players encountered.

I have no disagreement with you at all on the 'great driver' or 'physics comments', AC excels in these areas on PC and (stable framerate permitting) console. In that respect it is an exceptional game. If you can find a post where I have ever criticised or complained about AC for this you can quote me. I have praised for example the GT3 RS as feeling uncannily like that car, and yes I do know it well on road and track.

Where I take reasonable issue is with the elements of the game that were promised and didn't work or that were missing and on console that was all too often.

I had no intention of going over the console detail again but you seem to want to debate the point. There is a big difference between those wishing terrible things on you and those of us giving reasonable feedback.

I genuinely wish you well I appreciate the long hours and effort put into the handling, physics and VR elements of the PC version of AC, it produces some amazing moments. The console disk makes a nice coaster for my tea.

Good luck with ACC, keep it on PC.

How long do we have to wait for real flat tyre simulation with even canned damage
would do

That is a aspect of most any series but more so in GT3 , they always getting flats

How hard you push the car back to pits to a degree will determine the amount of damage
imagine that in your online championships

- You (by which I mean Kunos) launched the console Ultimate Edition without the Special Events for all the content. When informed of this you ignored us for several weeks and then finally, admitted you didn't realise it wasn't included and eventually, weeks later fixed the issue. Your media people also posted admitting it was players that pointed out the error that your team missed. And as we are being 'factual' this didn't happen once, it happened on every console DLC pack.

and that pretty much invalidates your entire premise of "ignoring crititism" doesn't it?
Also, if you look at the last 3-4 years of AC you'll see countless examples of not only bugs but suggestions from users turned into fixes, new features and so... there are entire formulas (ie. camber) provided by some of our users that have been implemented in AC.. not to mention the very long list of features added with the sole purpose of allowing modders to express their creativity.
And, like Manu said, those don't happen with a couple of clicks but at the expense of countless hours of work, testing, cursing and shattered keyboards :p.. afterall, it's 6am saturday morning and I am here replying to you while ACC builds and another weekend of work kicks off.

Sadly not everything can be fixed, especially the console has been a traumatic experience for us, this has been repeated over and over again. We gave our best shot and did the best we could on a platform we did not know.. for some people it was enough, for some, like you, it wasn't.. that's how it went and it's always going to be the case... not everybody can be pleased with a game, some will always find something that turns the entire experience into frustration, it's the nature of the beast.

Hopefully our next endeavor is going to be better than the last, we are surely giving 200% of what we can to make it happen. If it'll be good enough for you then great, if not... peace, the market is so full of choices I am sure you'll find a way to entertain yourself instead of turning this into a endless pain for both you and us.

Looking forward reading a post from your that doesn't turn into the same old same old stuff repeated over and over again.

Last edited:
Sadly not everything can be fixed, especially the console has been a traumatic experience for us, this has been repeated over and over again. We gave our best shot and did the best we could on a platform we did not know.. for some people it was enough, for some, like you, it wasn't.. that's how it went and it's always going to be the case... not everybody can be pleased with a game, some will always find something that turns the entire experience into frustration, it's the nature of the beast.

Hopefully our next endeavor is going to be better than the last, we are surely giving 200% of what we can to make it happen. If it'll be good enough for you then great, if not... peace, the market is so full of choices I am sure you'll find a way to entertain yourself instead of turning this into a endless pain for both you and us.

Looking forward reading a post from your that doesn't turn into the same old same old stuff repeated over and over again.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, fair enough and 100% agreed, peace is declared :),I will not mention the AC console edition again here or anywhere else. I'd appreciate it if you could be as reasonable and rational as you are now towards your player base too. I've always continued to praise and recommend AC on PC and buy your DLC etc so I'm more on your side than it may seem.

I look forward to ACC in Early Access. Good luck with the work.:thumbsup:

One question I have and I see repeated here in the thread is about the handling. For me that has always been the jewel in the AC crown. Is there any possibility of a video, with maybe Aris I remember he did some great videos before, driving the latest ACC build and talking about the handling/physics as compared to AC? Basically does the game still feel amazing and uncanny to drive? That I think is something a lot of us are genuinely interested to know. If not, no worries we'll just have to wait for the EA release.

Basically does the game still feel amazing and uncanny to drive? That I think is something a lot of us are genuinely interested to know.

ACC physics engine is an evolution of AC "1" engine. We changed a bunch of stuff in the tyres regarding camber, flex, temperatures. Aero is totally new, drivetrain has improvements as well.

Obviously we think ACC is better because of these improvements, but it's an evolution, not a revolution, thus it's very likely that people who enjoyed AC "1" will also enjoy ACC.

ACC physics engine is an evolution of AC "1" engine. We changed a bunch of stuff in the tyres regarding camber, flex, temperatures. Aero is totally new, drivetrain has improvements as well.

Obviously we think ACC is better because of these improvements, but it's an evolution, not a revolution, thus it's very likely that people who enjoyed AC "1" will also enjoy ACC.
this is very good news, thank you for your answers :)
it is also interesting to see that you watch our discussions!!

After reading all those sad comments by some ignorent fools and chronic complainers, if I were Stefano Casillo, I would sell my shares of Kunos, buy myself one of the guitars out of the Prince legacy and a nice Ferrari, drive off to the sunset, never to return here.

After reading all those sad comments by some ignorent fools and chronic complainers, if I were Stefano Casillo, I would sell my shares of Kunos, buy myself one of the guitars out of the Prince legacy and a nice Ferrari, drive off to the sunset, never to return here.

It's just a vocal minority. We still love our job.
There are many other jobs more profitable than the ones in game industry, but we're not passionate about them.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%