Editing tires to pick up debris, flat spotting

Hey, I have recently converted a mod for personal use and wanted to make the tires picking up grass/dirt when going offtrack, and flatspotting when braking too hard for example.
Do I only have to edit some files or do I have to create a new tire with already dirt/grass texture on it or something like this?

thanks in advance

Hey,

bringing my thread back to life, since i now have 3DsMax 2010. Firstly i started looking where are located the dirt/grass/sand/flatspot textures and found them inside the cmaps.mas in the vehicles folder. Then as i want to know how it works, i extracted the Gmt and DDS files (from Formula V10) and opened them all on 3DsMax, so i can see the entire car. When i focus my view on a tire (material window) i can see the different maps but absolutely no one related to dirt/grass/sand/flatspot. So i am asking you if you could help me to find this ?

I also explored all the .VEH, .GEN files (and all the others) to see if there was any link between a tire, and its texture but i can't find how it works, i mean how the tire is supposed to know when its texture has to change ? when you drive on the grass, the tire will have grass texture added, i don't see how it can be done only on 3Ds Max, i mean, don't we have to add some code to a file to make the relation between a tire and its texture ?

If you guys could bring some light on this i would be very thankful !

Hello, do you mean that you can show me how it is done, or I can show YOU how it is done ?
anyway i couldn't find how to do it since last year so i gave up.. i couldnt get answers from my questions above and looks like i am too dumb to find it alone.. so, sorry but can't help you if it is what you are asking.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 48.6%