AC Evora GX @ Autumn Ring - Thu 23.10.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the answers Georg.
Are the pit stops during the online practice session available or only at the race session?
Well, in about 40' I can answer that myself :)
Looking forward to the race.

Thanks for the answers Georg.
Are the pit stops during the online practice session available or only at the race session?
Well, in about 40' I can answer that myself :)
Looking forward to the race.
Yes & yes ,)

During practice, you have to stop the car and then click 'back to pits' in the esc menu. You can adjust the car to your liking there.
As mentioned, pitstops are available during the race ofc - just drive into the pits.

Solution: during our first practice race start, we let you guys try a pit stop. We will wait for you to complete the first lap and drive into the pits to look at the menu and try it.

Well this was a bunch of BS ?? 1st Q ends and the race is already started ?? But whatever I headed after the group. Now I am no front runner but I can get myself up the race grid by driving smart. Have to when your at the back. But are you serious?? 4 restarts and that was it for me! Thats ridiculous. What were you doing waiting for someone particular to get a good start. Sorry guys thats not racing. I can see 1 start and sure maybe a 2nd. And sure the 1st start may have been a test... But 4 come on.

If there were no restarts all drivers would clean up there act. I mean its racing .....After the 4th I checked out...I had a few good starts.....and got thru the mess's. Not sure who we were waiting for to get a good start.

Well this was a bunch of BS ?? 1st Q ends and the race is already started ?? But whatever I headed after the group. Now I am no front runner but I can get myself up the race grid by driving smart. Have to when your at the back. But are you serious?? 4 restarts and that was it for me! Thats ridiculous. What were you doing waiting for someone particular to get a good start. Sorry guys thats not racing. I can see 1 start and sure maybe a 2nd. And sure the 1st start may have been a test... But 4 come on.

If there were no restarts all drivers would clean up there act. I mean its racing .....After the 4th I checked out...I had a few good starts.....and got thru the mess's. Not sure who we were waiting for to get a good start.
That we were going to have race start practice was part of the Notes you agreed upon when you signed up.
This is an effective method to curb L1/T1 incidents, a continuing issue we have to get sorted for everybody to have a good racing experience.
If you don't like this procedure, then you're welcome to choose another event.

Last edited:
No hard feeling at all to anyone.....I understood the 1st re start. I did forget but remembered after it was restarted. But after the 4th one....well thats just not racing its silly. Like i said.... have no restarts and watch how fast those race starts clean up.

[...] have no restarts and watch how fast those race starts clean up.
I'm sorry, but that's not true. I've been doing AC events for months now and other organizers for years. L1/T1 incidents were unfortunate, but frequent. Since I've included this procedure in recent weeks, starting with our first Formula 1 events, the amount and severity of incidents in the first corners has been massively reduced.
The argument "that's just racing" does not go over well with the drivers, who had their races dictated by those incidents over the years.

No augment intended here. Hope to race more in the future. Just difference of opinion. I ran the USF1 F1 league for 8 years and after the 1st season we installed a no restart policy unless it was 3/4 of the field. I think it took about 2 races for drivers to get the idea that we were serious. From that point onward I could count on 1 hand how many bad starts we had over those 8 season.

But that was when we had 90% of the field racing together and testing together season after season. So I do understand most of the race's here are pick up races and its tough. Just ticked I really like what AC has here if they would get it more geared to league racing. But anyway after that 4th start I lost my mojo. All good.

Well i suspected I was having hard drive problems, which was later confirmed by an error message. I did re join and get on the grid but the PC did not register my wheel :(

Thank you Georg for hosting us, I was a bit suprised not seeing you on the grid :)
Track and Car were a very fun combination, I liked it a lot!

This was my first Assetto Corsa online race and it went way better than expected.
Altough a pit-stop wasn't imperative, it was something I did not want to miss, so I went for one and sacrificed a better ranking but it was worth it. :D
The pit-stops are actually pretty cool, I just would prefer if I could preselect the tires and the amount of fuel.
A mandatory pit-stop would be a good idea indeed, it would spice up things a bit.

My race was pretty clean, no bigger mistakes which is always my primary goal for a race (racing clean). I got a good start, after turn one I was third :geek: but couldn't go the speed of the two cars in front of me and after the first few laps Stefan who got closer and closer has attached himself to my butt :laugh: resulting in a spin.
He was gentleman enough and waited for me to let me pass again, thanks Stefan!
Honestly, I had the whole race incl. qualifying the impression that I am driving a different car than the one I practiced 2-3h during the afternoon before the race, even all setups that I have saved were gone. That's why I was struggling in nearly every corner and the tires felt overheated altought my tire app said differently. I was even pretty sure that the car from the practice session had ABS, not like the one from the race!

Well, after the race the mystery was revealed...I used the wrong car in practice :laugh::thumbsdown::roflmao: altough I knew exactly which car we are going to race, :redface: this is so typical of me, that stuff happens to me all the time but anyway, the race was big fun and I will definitely show up regularly in the future for AC races.

hope my english is somehow at least understandable :O_o:

thanks and see you guys on the track.
Marcel

after the first few laps Stefan who got closer and closer has attached himself to my butt :laugh: resulting in a spin.
He was gentleman enough and waited for me to let me pass again, thanks Stefan!

No thanks required - it's a rule to let someone you have disadvantaged get their position back - although appreciated. When I ran into you there was nothing I could do - if I remember correctly, I locked up my front tires, so trying to steer away from you did nothing - it was a inevitable crash just because I stepped on the brakes a tiny bit too late.

To be honest, at first I did not want to wait for you, because after the crash you were miles behind me. I've been shoved off track a couple times myself (in different races) and never has the one responsible given back the position - so this time I wanted to do the right thing and kind of lead by example.

@Georg Siebert :
Do you actually enforce these rules? Because it doesn't seem so! As stated above - I have been crashed into the back (and therefore spun) in many races, never had anyone wait for me, and I'm pretty sure nothing happend to the drivers in question. If there are rules and penalties for disregarding these rules, there have to be consequences. Otherwise the rules have no effect and that is excactly what I've experienced in the last races. You as race directors have the responsibility to enforce the rules - even if it may be a hassle to do so. Please don't take this as a personal insult, but the way it is ment, as constructive critisism. This may even not apply to you, but to @Akis Kevrekidis , who's hosted the most races I've been in.

Cheers, Stefan

No thanks required - it's a rule to let someone you have disadvantaged get their position back - although appreciated. When I ran into you there was nothing I could do - if I remember correctly, I locked up my front tires, so trying to steer away from you did nothing - it was a inevitable crash just because I stepped on the brakes a tiny bit too late.

To be honest, at first I did not want to wait for you, because after the crash you were miles behind me. I've been shoved off track a couple times myself (in different races) and never has the one responsible given back the position - so this time I wanted to do the right thing and kind of lead by example.

@Georg Siebert :
Do you actually enforce these rules? Because it doesn't seem so! As stated above - I have been crashed into the back (and therefore spun) in many races, never had anyone wait for me, and I'm pretty sure nothing happend to the drivers in question. If there are rules and penalties for disregarding these rules, there have to be consequences. Otherwise the rules have no effect and that is excactly what I've experienced in the last races. You as race directors have the responsibility to enforce the rules - even if it may be a hassle to do so. Please don't take this as a personal insult, but the way it is ment, as constructive critisism. This may even not apply to you, but to @Akis Kevrekidis , who's hosted the most races I've been in.

Cheers, Stefan
Yes, we have rules for exactly these situations:
Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member that organized your race via PM, sending them an incident report that includes a video that clearly shows the incident.
You have to file a report - penalties are not inacted automatically or by the Race Director during the race.

No report = No action

Y
You have to file a report - penalties are not inacted automatically or by the Race Director during the race.
No report = No action

Oh come on - usually everyone leaves teamspeak minutes after or even directly after the race. So I'm supposed to talk to the driver in question - (if I even know who it was - which is sometimes very difficult without looking at replays) - after the race, hoping that driver hasn't already left teamspeak. And if that person already left, what then? As far as I remember, I'm not allowed to "call names" in the forum, trying to "resolve" an issue. This is bloody stupid! Actually, this means, that you "race director" guys are pretty much useless! Of course, you are posting the forum thread, setting up the server and stuff - but the (atleast to me) really important stuff - filtering out bad drivers and people that cause trouble, is left totaly to the participants of the event? A consequence of this is, that I could (hypothetically) disregard the rules in the next race, because I know that I am most likely not going to get into any trouble, unless the person I - ran off the track / ran into - is going to the trouble of finding out it was me, trying to talk to me, posting something in the forum (which isn't allowed as far as I understand) and only if said person provides some evidence, then there may be some consequence to my actions? So the likelyhood of beeing punished is extremely slim - making the whole punishing / rule system almost pointless.

If this is the way, Racedepartment wants it to be, I'll have to file about 2-5 reports every race - because someone else did something wrong. And I'll of course have to produce evidence (replays, uploading videos) to back my claims - which will take a lot of time and effort on my side. Of course I could do so - but that would just lead to a massive amount of discussion and trouble for everyone, with very little results.

This is a kind of system the DDR (former German democratic republic) tried to establish, and it failed miserably. It's going to be the same here. A simple example for this, as said before: I've been crashed into / ran off track many times in the last races. Actually not much less than in open multiplayer races. It's just not going to work leaving the "policing" to the people - it has to be done by the race directors.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 463 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back