rF2 F1 1971 @ Monza 79 - Saturday July 24th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
At the race 2 i hit to C.Colombo on the start,i am really sorry mate,i thought the race started and went early so hit you and got stop and go penalty,sorry again.

Never before have I raced on RD and had so many people spin, crash, do stupid things. I come accross someone crashed in qualiyfing, I go to pass on the racing line and he reverses into me. I end up crashing myself. Then I get rammed on the grid and get a stupid drive through. Then I hit a car that has spun and starts to move. Then I get rammed entering the pits to get repairs done. The amount of cars I see spun and crashed is ridiculous...

2 wins, and the second from more than 40 seconds down, is ridiculous.

At the race 2 i hit to C.Colombo on the start,i am really sorry mate,i thought the race started and went early so hit you and got stop and go penalty,sorry again.

ok, apologies accepted :), it does happen, I also got a penalty :mad:.
This mod is very nice :thumb:,next time would be better to do warm-up lap (imho).
Thanks to all for the good races :doublethumb:,congratulations to the winners:thumbup:
Bye!!

First race 3rd, so I'm happy of this, but in second race, in warm up I gone into toilete and when I came back the race had just started, I don't know why, but I came across red light and it disculified me. It is so sad that toilete made me DQ

Both races started 9th.

R1 -Fell behind Sneep and Buksha off the grid. Past Sneep when he had an off, past by him and Neytman fell to 11th, past Sneep again when he had on off. Lap 2 - past Kudaev and Buksha (first chicane offs), then Columbo for 7th (he had a spin). Lap 4 - Columbo past trid to pass at first chicane, got me at after he pressured me at Ascari and span (lost 3 places). Lap 5 - past Babin for 9th. Lap 6 - had a sympathy spin with Kudaev at Parabolica (lost no places). Finished 6th with one litre of fuel.

R2 - Past Sneep for 8th, Ivanych and Kudaev for 7th and 6th (spins). Had half spin at Parabolica, Hopkins past Kudaev close behind. He passed into first chicane, i repassed him (off), he repassed into 1st Lesmo. Lap 3 - crashed at 1st Lesmo. When rejoining track i pushed my detached front wing into the path of Davis which he hit. If this caused you damage i am sorry and will accept any punishment a such. Limped to pits, exited in 14th. Lap 7 - Passed Ivanych for 12th. At some point i passed McGhee for 8th when we were lapped by Babin. Lap 13 - half spin at Parabolica (again), lost 8th to McGhee. Finished 9th.

An interesting couple of races but in anyother race i would have been well down the field in these i benefitted from others misfortune greatly.

Both races started 9th.

R1 -Fell behind Sneep and Buksha off the grid. Past Sneep when he had an off, past by him and Neytman fell to 11th, past Sneep again when he had on off. Lap 2 - past Kudaev and Buksha (first chicane offs), then Columbo for 7th (he had a spin). Lap 4 - Columbo past trid to pass at first chicane, got me at after he pressured me at Ascari and span (lost 3 places). Lap 5 - past Babin for 9th. Lap 6 - had a sympathy spin with Kudaev at Parabolica (lost no places). Finished 6th with one litre of fuel.

R2 - Past Sneep for 8th, Ivanych and Kudaev for 7th and 6th (spins). Had half spin at Parabolica, Hopkins past Kudaev close behind. He passed into first chicane, i repassed him (off), he repassed into 1st Lesmo. Lap 3 - crashed at 1st Lesmo. When rejoining track i pushed my detached front wing into the path of Davis which he hit. If this caused you damage i am sorry and will accept any punishment a such. Limped to pits, exited in 14th. Lap 7 - Passed Ivanych for 12th. At some point i passed McGhee for 8th when we were lapped by Babin. Lap 13 - half spin at Parabolica (again), lost 8th to McGhee. Finished 9th.

An interesting couple of races but in anyother race i would have been well down the field in these i benefitted from others misfortune greatly.

No it didn't but I thought it was you coming back accross the track, so I panicked a bit.

Sounds like some had some difficulty with the mod - is that down to it being simply new or is it especially difficult to drive consistently?

We can easily add in low TC for those that need it and a formation lap.

What do you guys think? I think TC is pretty blasphemous on historic F1 cars myself.

Sounds like some had some difficulty with the mod - is that down to it being simply new or is it especially difficult to drive consistently?

We can easily add in low TC for those that need it and a formation lap.

What do you guys think? I think TC is pretty blasphemous on historic F1 cars myself.

No, its just a different era, so needs to be driven in a different way.

You'll probably find also the tryes are cold and need properly warmed up. These are still slide cars so I think lots of wing makes them twitchy and oversteery with cold tyres...

I agree,it's new to all of us,and for me it's the first time driving an F1 car in a race of any era.But i think like any car you quickly learn it's traits.I think traction control would spoil the experience,better that you be a bit more careful in applying the loud pedal.

TC?! Are you mad? These cars are a million times easier to drive than, say, the 1993 cars. I would put them as easier than WTM. It's just that I think people who were racing tonight were too reliant on TC in other mods, perhaps. I'm just speculating... but you know me, Ryan, and I had no problem with them (and I'm Mr Mistake).

They are not easier than WTM - don't exaggerate Tubs :wink:

I see your point though.
By the way, I rather wish there had been an admin present - warmup was skipped both times through voting and there was annoying chat everywhere and such.
It just didn't feel like an RD event, really. Probably because I won both races uncontested :L

I'm just not able to attend on Saturadys currently until mid September, and Ivo is also usually busy on Saturdays.

I do like to be present at events (especially those with new mods) but it is not always possible.

OK no worries, I think I will have a look at the entry list next time before I sign up. No offence to the guys racing, but there was a lot of crashing, chatting and general dissarray.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 33.3%