F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
From what I see in online videos, there needs to be way more telemetry and way more in-depth tuning capabilities. Also being able to decide when to use gearboxes and engines in specific weekends, swapping engines in the middle of weekends (with penalties of course).
All in all, there's a lot of stuff that's missing from F1 2010 and should be put in 2011.

MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

things in a perfect world

more so called racing luck in others words these cars dont break down?
and do not have problems not restarting in the pits as they do in real racing

make and arcade version and put up tt and other diversions as we know these TT dont use any real racing factors tires and fuel dont make a difference racing is never perfect when there a crash or spin your done oill all over peopke get hurt have a crash and break an ankle your out 4 weeks

helmet design and a place online with xbox to sell these designs like forza 3

also the braking if the breaking assist is on it completely ruins the experience some minor braking should occur

those people with out a wheel braking with a trigger is useless it should work like power brakes on a car

a small amount of force to start braking using your left thumb and index finger while turning these cars are a night mare for old guys with arthritis

oh by the way i am an old guy

My wish list is simple. Coming out of the first turn ALIVE. Most peeps seem to think you got to get to the corner first. Push your damn way through like a runaway truck. And mess up all of our races. BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE!!!!!!!

My wish list

Safety Car - I'm using as an example what happened with me at Suzuka. I get away from pole pretty well and Vettel slices up my inside in the 1st corner, spins me and him and takes out about 5-7 AI cars with him! I got back on track ok but with 3 cars out on the spot and debris all over in real F1 that is Safety Car!

Podium - I have just won Monaco, Belgian, Italian, British, Whatever GP and all I get is a Post Race Press Conference????

Working Manager - All she does is sit there!!! I should be able to tell her "McLaren is my favorite team, so I would like to try and get a contract there, and for more than one year". Or do it so you can tell her which teams to target for you.

Failures - Shifting from 7th to 1st without braking SHOULD blow the engine straight up! Not spin me or just slow me down. Would also like to see failures that I can't control. Suspension braking, brakes getting too hot and exploding/failing. Front/rear wings fall off/collapse

Team Mate Set-Up - "X is quicker than you in all 3 sectors, lets take a look at his set-up and see where we can improve". Ermmmm I would but I can't!!!!

More Pit To Car Radio - I want to know what is happening 5 cars behind me strategy wise, and upto date weather as I can see the sky getting dark but need to know if rain is due etc.

Detailed Press Interviews/Press Conferences - 3 answers to one question that don't affect your team reputation etc. I would like it if in the paddock you was asked, "A nice easy win for you today. Driver X says that you did (whatever)" and then you can select a answer that either cheese's him off and makes him your rival for a couple of races, negate the claim so noting happens, or you say yes I did do (whatever) and your team reputation gets affected as you have admitted doing something unsporting etc.

Parade Laps/Slowing Down Laps/Parc Ferme - F106 had Parade Laps, why can't "Next Gen" consoles. Also, you just win/finish on podium, so drive round and watch your driver wave his hands to the crowd's etc and pull up in Parc Ferme in either allocated slot 1, 2 or 3

Paddock Walk Round - You could build this into more, detailed Career Manager. You walk round to other teams garages and hand like a CV into teams you want to move upto etc. Eg, Year One, you with Team Lotus and you decide just after mid-season you want to move up to midfield so you go to teams like Williams, Force India, Sauber, Toro Rosso and put yourself forward to them teams.

Driver Transfers - FIFA games transfer Rooney from Man U to Chelsea so why can't Webber move to Renault ;)

Number One Car - You sign a contract for a "Number One" driver but you end up using the "Number Two" car. In my second season at Lotus my contract was for Number One driver yet I got assigned Heikki Kovalainen's car and the Yellow camera and not the Red one! I am lead driver, Give me that car, and that side of the garage! Right side (the one you use now for F1 2010) at Turkey/Brasil, Left when at clockwise circuits or which ever way they do it in the paddock.

Spend Money - Why show me my earnings if I can't spend them? Use them to unlock classic cars (Ayrton Senna's McLaren Honda MP4/6 or Williams FW16 etc) or classic tracks to race them on (Jerez, Kyalami etc)

That about sums it up for me.

Everyone has put in some very nice Idea's ... has anyone thought about transferring these to the codemaster's forum? or sending them a email notifying them of this thread.

we are all experienced Racer's here in this wonderful community, it's the least we could do for them to make it a better game, don't you agree?

personally they should make the tuning more indepth, have a option for easy tuning and indepth tuning for the more experienced racer's out there.

here's what i would love to see.

1. PC Dedicated Servers
2. TV Style
3. Podium Celebration
4. All driver and All Test driver
5. Red flags and restart race
6. Dynamic Day
7. Dynamic Marshalls
8: Safety Car

My wish list

Safety Car - I'm using as an example what happened with me at Suzuka. I get away from pole pretty well and Vettel slices up my inside in the 1st corner, spins me and him and takes out about 5-7 AI cars with him! I got back on track ok but with 3 cars out on the spot and debris all over in real F1 that is Safety Car!

Podium - I have just won Monaco, Belgian, Italian, British, Whatever GP and all I get is a Post Race Press Conference????

Working Manager - All she does is sit there!!! I should be able to tell her "McLaren is my favorite team, so I would like to try and get a contract there, and for more than one year". Or do it so you can tell her which teams to target for you.

Failures - Shifting from 7th to 1st without braking SHOULD blow the engine straight up! Not spin me or just slow me down. Would also like to see failures that I can't control. Suspension braking, brakes getting too hot and exploding/failing. Front/rear wings fall off/collapse

Team Mate Set-Up - "X is quicker than you in all 3 sectors, lets take a look at his set-up and see where we can improve". Ermmmm I would but I can't!!!!

More Pit To Car Radio - I want to know what is happening 5 cars behind me strategy wise, and upto date weather as I can see the sky getting dark but need to know if rain is due etc.

Detailed Press Interviews/Press Conferences - 3 answers to one question that don't affect your team reputation etc. I would like it if in the paddock you was asked, "A nice easy win for you today. Driver X says that you did (whatever)" and then you can select a answer that either cheese's him off and makes him your rival for a couple of races, negate the claim so noting happens, or you say yes I did do (whatever) and your team reputation gets affected as you have admitted doing something unsporting etc.

Parade Laps/Slowing Down Laps/Parc Ferme - F106 had Parade Laps, why can't "Next Gen" consoles. Also, you just win/finish on podium, so drive round and watch your driver wave his hands to the crowd's etc and pull up in Parc Ferme in either allocated slot 1, 2 or 3

Paddock Walk Round - You could build this into more, detailed Career Manager. You walk round to other teams garages and hand like a CV into teams you want to move upto etc. Eg, Year One, you with Team Lotus and you decide just after mid-season you want to move up to midfield so you go to teams like Williams, Force India, Sauber, Toro Rosso and put yourself forward to them teams.

Driver Transfers - FIFA games transfer Rooney from Man U to Chelsea so why can't Webber move to Renault ;)

Number One Car - You sign a contract for a "Number One" driver but you end up using the "Number Two" car. In my second season at Lotus my contract was for Number One driver yet I got assigned Heikki Kovalainen's car and the Yellow camera and not the Red one! I am lead driver, Give me that car, and that side of the garage! Right side (the one you use now for F1 2010) at Turkey/Brasil, Left when at clockwise circuits or which ever way they do it in the paddock.

Spend Money - Why show me my earnings if I can't spend them? Use them to unlock classic cars (Ayrton Senna's McLaren Honda MP4/6 or Williams FW16 etc) or classic tracks to race them on (Jerez, Kyalami etc)

That about sums it up for me.

Tottaly agree on this :D. (exept for the this part)
"Paddock Walk Round - You could build this into more, detailed Career Manager. You walk round to other teams garages and hand like a CV into teams you want to move upto etc. Eg, Year One, you with Team Lotus and you decide just after mid-season you want to move up to midfield so you go to teams like Williams, Force India, Sauber, Toro Rosso and put yourself forward to them teams."
Teams usually chose you, you dont chose them (correct me if im wrong)

I would like to see some marshalls running to you car when you crashed (Like in Grand Prix 4)
Have False starts, red flags, oil on track (mechanical failure) and Dedicated Server for PC.

the tracks are fine:)
better up the AI; adjustable cockpitseats (in the Ferrari, you can`t watch into the mirror); safetycar; maybe a warmingup lap, or an outlap, at least more time before the race started; mechanical failure; smarter advice of the pitcrew; more setup options, a way more...
thanks

f1 2011

what i want for f1 2011,

1.Making the F1 calander change every year ( ,Classic tracks like Imola Indianapolis Fujie Argentina Longbeach Magny cours a1 ring zandvoort and testtracks like Paulrickard Jerez Muggello etc and good tracks of other race classes like brandshatch estoril brno laguna seca macau This is great cause you wont drive the same tracks every season and you'll be able to race on classic tracks! OFCOURSE THIS OPTION CAN BE TURNED OF
1.Ability to use the teammate setup in case.
2.The drivers change every season (ofcourse this option can be turned off)
3.The ability to call up an update from the engineer at any time
4.Mechanical/engine failures also stuff like suspension slowy getting damage if you take too much kerb brakes getting damaged slowly gearbox problems (example 3rd gear doesn't works) etc
5.Warm up lap.
6.Safety car
7.more in depth interviews etc(how you answer the questions will determin your ''personality)
8.KERS

what i Don't want,
1.Create your own team

Hi, my first post here. Just got the game for Christmas. What I did notice over time is the absence of car failure. I'm plodding around the track and would like to be rewarded for cars falling off the circuit. It could be engine failure, crash, tyre blow-out....that would make it more realistic.

1. more realistic game, i had race and on the first corner Vettel had a great accident, his car is flying and he still can continue the race without losing his speed, lol
2. more advice from pit crew, ex time to have pitstop, ofcourse driver can choose wether follow the advice or not
3. safety car and warm-up lap would be nice also
4. mistakes by pit crew, ex lollipop-man give signal to go while others crew still working for fuel/tyre, sounds cool

anyway I'm new here and sorry for bad English :)

the AI imo is reallly bad in 2010 you really DO think your driving against bots and very bad ones at that

the AI needs to be as least as good as is currently on race 07/ gtr 2 but reallly should be even better than that smoother movement of the cars in replay it still feels far too arcadey imo it needs to be like a sim at least as much as the the great Geoff crammonds grand prix 4

Damn i wish hed carry on hed of designed a f1 game way superior to EA's f1 series by now

Other things as well but they are by far the most essential improvements

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%