Resource icon

Misc F1 2012 Realism Enhancer 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Look for Track_difficulties tab and there will be track id and difficulty names as Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert. Medium is for Semi Pro and Hard is for Professional. Change the value for the track you wanted
The AI lap time in practice at Malaysia is around a 1:39 and I'm only able to do a 1:42 in a Toro Rosso (times are on prime tyres). Would 0.85 be a good value? Or should I do some trial and error.

Also I'm around 0.6 seconds off the pace in Sector one and loose time in sector two (AI is around 0:58.000 and do around a 1:01:000).

The AI lap time in practice at Malaysia is around a 1:39 and I'm only able to do a 1:42 in a Toro Rosso (times are on prime tyres). Would 0.85 be a good value? Or should I do some trial and error.

Also I'm around 0.6 seconds off the pace in Sector one and loose time in sector two (AI is around 0:58.000 and do around a 1:01:000).
The Value effects over all lap time. So you need to find Trail and Error method to get it to your liking. But a STR was always like in Between P8 to P15. It couldn't be on Pole winning races.

The Value effects over all lap time. So you need to find Trail and Error method to get it to your liking. But a STR was always like in Between P8 to P15. It couldn't be on Pole winning races.
I qualified 18th in Melbourne. Riccardo qualified 16th.

I guess I'll have to use trial and error, unless there is a version of this mod without some of the AI changes (which ones affected the AI performance?).

Hi Kristian I am interested in trying your mod.
Using vanilla settings I generally I find Intermediate difficulty too easy but anything above that too hard. If I used the "Hard A.I." on intermediate difficulty would that make it more challenging for me? Or would Professional difficulty using "Easy AI"? be better? Thanks in advance.

Hi Kristian I am interested in trying your mod.
Using vanilla settings I generally I find Intermediate difficulty too easy but anything above that too hard. If I used the "Hard A.I." on intermediate difficulty would that make it more challenging for me? Or would Professional difficulty using "Easy AI"? be better? Thanks in advance.

To be honest, I can't compare them. You just have to try out and see what suits you best.

changing the difficulty setting in database only affects the simulated times, not the times driven on track. I checked that.
It's quite dumb from codemasters.

Kristian Nenov
In the ai_vehicle_track.xml files, I'm looking to alter the "distance_modifier" and "curve_modifier" values, but I'm not sure which way to go with them.

The distance_modifier value is for braking, correct? And the curve_modifier is for how much speed they carry through the corners?
So if I decrease the distance_modifier, will that decrease the braking distance?
If I increase the curve_modifier, will that increase the amount of speed the AI carries through the corner?

Or do I have some/all of that backwards?

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Kristian Nenov
In the ai_vehicle_track.xml files, I'm looking to alter the "distance_modifier" and "curve_modifier" values, but I'm not sure which way to go with them.

The distance_modifier value is for braking, correct? And the curve_modifier is for how much speed they carry through the corners?
So if I decrease the distance_modifier, will that decrease the braking distance?
If I increase the curve_modifier, will that increase the amount of speed the AI carries through the corner?

Or do I have some/all of that backwards?

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

That's the way it is. Decreasing distance_modifier decreases distance (later braking). And higher curve_modifier results in higher speed carried into the corner. :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%