F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hehe Victor you are really excited about this game. Nice to see it. :) I hope we are going to play the demo till the release of the game. (because it will be that good) :p
I think once I receive my DVD I might stop playing all other games :D I remember how excited I was a year ago and how much fun the races were. Full club races and even with reserves :D We haven't seen any club race in PC section last month :)

Hi guys.

I'm not very familiar with the title, but is it possible (or has been in earlier versions already) to disable the virtual wheel or make it static without hands in this series?

I'm going to see how the demo is. :)

Hi guys.

I'm not very familiar with the title, but is it possible (or has been in earlier versions already) to disable the virtual wheel or make it static without hands in this series?

I'm going to see how the demo is. :)
On ultra low graphic settings wheel is static with no hands. I think there is no option to just disable wheel movement.

What's this I'm reading. Codemasters say there's no Season Championship in the game anymore where you can drive a full season as one of the 24 drivers? What rubbish is this. Definitely not picking up the game now if this is true.

I have to say that I hold concerns for this game.
I have loved 2011, I know its not RFactor (which I also own and play), but you can cuase oversteer/understeer and have some great racing. The physics while nerfed a bit are there or at least seem to be.
With in mind all the comments about understeer I watched the guys Darin and Sean at Inside SimRacing do a couple of laps each at Austin (its on youtube).
Each of them improved a lot over 3 laps but despite running very wide and getting brake markers wrong, line wrong and ending off the track, not once was there a throttle oversteer moment. Not one little correction. Now maybe these boys race with TCS on full but to me the rear end seemed permanently planted, pinned to the floor in fact. So much so that it made me think of those big bugs they have on display at Museums where their backside is pinned to the cardboard.
If its true then the understeer is needed or its going to be on rails isnt it. Maybe its just the rear thats on rails?
I hope not and feel a bit silly writing all this without even playing it.
I fear that some compromises have been made to land the controller using "gaming market".
For me physics beats graphics and "new features"
Hope I'm wrong but Ill only change if its a better driving experience..

I have to say that I hold concerns for this game.
I have loved 2011, I know its not RFactor (which I also own and play), but you can cuase oversteer/understeer and have some great racing. The physics while nerfed a bit are there or at least seem to be.
With in mind all the comments about understeer I watched the guys Darin and Sean at Inside SimRacing do a couple of laps each at Austin (its on youtube).
Each of them improved a lot over 3 laps but despite running very wide and getting brake markers wrong, line wrong and ending off the track, not once was there a throttle oversteer moment. Not one little correction. Now maybe these boys race with TCS on full but to me the rear end seemed permanently planted, pinned to the floor in fact. So much so that it made me think of those big bugs they have on display at Museums where their backside is pinned to the cardboard.
If its true then the understeer is needed or its going to be on rails isnt it. Maybe its just the rear thats on rails?
I hope not and feel a bit silly writing all this without even playing it.
I fear that some compromises have been made to land the controller using "gaming market".
For me physics beats graphics and "new features"
Hope I'm wrong but Ill only change if its a better driving experience..
If you go into the videos thread and watch my video of my ydt lap. You will see when i come out of the last corner the car kicks out cause i was on full power too fast. Its there its just that i feel you really have to actually be over the limit to really get the car to slide. But it will do it.

In my video you see me come out of the 1st chicane at Monza and i spin loosing a place to Alonso. I have got the rear to slid a lot, in the full version the driver aids might be much more challenging to have turned off than they are in the demo. Time will tell, but i do like the feel of 2012 so far, just the steering is the annoying part.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%