F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

with paint.net
upload_2017-10-28_18-34-34.png

with paint.net
I don't think you can, unless you can find a more up to date custom plugin for it, or use some sort of converter. As far as I'm aware most of the textures (including helmets) are in an SRGB version of their DDS format which is supported by the Intel DDS plugin for Photoshop but not really anything else.

Adobe offers a 7 day free trial of Photoshop, I currently use that.

Is there a to fix the saturated colors after editing liveries? I've been doing some editing on the inverted mclaren livery someone posted on here, but the orange just looks like **** now.

Adobe offers a 7 day free trial of Photoshop, I currently use that.

Is there a to fix the saturated colors after editing liveries? I've been doing some editing on the inverted mclaren livery someone posted on here, but the orange just looks like **** now.
did you save the paint as BC1 SRGB and decal as BC3 SRGB or just BC1 and BC3? That's a possible solution

i noticed in the ERPs that on some cars (for example force india) there is whole big texture of the full design (paint) and on some cars only tiny little dot/square with color (for example mclaren, toro rosso, renault..). Does it mean that some cars are completely moddable and you can change the design(texture) and decals but on some cars you can only change color and decals?

i noticed in the ERPs that on some cars (for example force india) there is whole big texture of the full design (paint) and on some cars only tiny little dot/square with color (for example mclaren, toro rosso, renault..). Does it mean that some cars are completely moddable and you can change the design(texture) and decals but on some cars you can only change color and decals?
all cars are fully editable. Williams, Haas and McLaren are the best ones

all cars are fully editable. Williams, Haas and McLaren are the best ones

can you please explain it a little bit more? How can you edit / design / paint something, that is tiny little square of 4x4 pixels or something. Where on that tiny 4x4 pixels is side, back, engine cover, nose, etc etc. ?
It is a big difference when some cars have normal full texture of the actual car that you can redesign and when some cars have just little 4x4 pixels texture with nothing.

can you please explain it a little bit more? How can you edit / design / paint something, that is tiny little square of 4x4 pixels or something. Where on that tiny 4x4 pixels is side, back, engine cover, nose, etc etc. ?
It is a big difference when some cars have normal full texture of the actual car that you can redesign and when some cars have just little 4x4 pixels texture with nothing.
just resize to 4096x4096, the UV maps on those chassis are the best ones.

Haas and Force India have a shark fin that doesn't mirror, so I recommend those chassis for a Porsche team
I'll keep that in mind. I'm about to start season 2, and i've updated a few cars including the Mclaren that i'm in. The logo on the nose and the name under the sharkfin will have to do for now.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back