F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
This thread is for F1 2018 modding questions only.

If you have technical modding questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thank you!

Note: Current uploaded file size limit is 500 MB per file, anything larger will need to be split into multiple parts/uploads.

Hi,

is it possible to create Helmets with GIMP? Obviously I could just play around with the image but how do I apply it to the 3D-Model and how can I edit a 3D-Model in GIMP anyways.

Any help specific for Helmet-Designs would be much appreciated. Haven't found any useful resources so far.

Cheers.

Hi. I'm trying to modify the decal of the Ferrari 2018 and when I put it in the game I see the white car, do you know why it can be ?.
I explain what I do: first I take the car F1 2018 / asset _groups / f1_2018_vehicle_package / teams / Ferrari once I have it on the desktop I open it with the Ego ERP Archiver 6.1.2017.1025 / file / open I look for it in the Ferrari desktop / wep / Ferrari.erp / Textures / Export All I open the folder Ferrari of the desk I open Ferrari_erp_textures / f1_2018_vehicle_package / teams / ferrari / textures and I open with the photosop cs6 the file ferrari_decal_da.tif I modify the decals that I want for example where it puts Ray Ban I put Marlboro I give to keep as I save it in Intel texture Works (DDS DDS) and the file I enter with the Ego in its corresponding place I give save and I go to the game and my surprise is that the car looks white.
Someone knows what I do wrong
Greetings.

Hi. I'm trying to modify the decal of the Ferrari 2018 and when I put it in the game I see the white car, do you know why it can be ?.
I explain what I do: first I take the car F1 2018 / asset _groups / f1_2018_vehicle_package / teams / Ferrari once I have it on the desktop I open it with the Ego ERP Archiver 6.1.2017.1025 / file / open I look for it in the Ferrari desktop / wep / Ferrari.erp / Textures / Export All I open the folder Ferrari of the desk I open Ferrari_erp_textures / f1_2018_vehicle_package / teams / ferrari / textures and I open with the photosop cs6 the file ferrari_decal_da.tif I modify the decals that I want for example where it puts Ray Ban I put Marlboro I give to keep as I save it in Intel texture Works (DDS DDS) and the file I enter with the Ego in its corresponding place I give save and I go to the game and my surprise is that the car looks white.
Someone knows what I do wrong
Greetings.
did you save with a black background on the texture (in photoshop)? With the intel plugin you always need a black background

I've just modded my helmet but I got a probleme. I's like the quality was in 144p. Did someone know why is this happen? I got a i5 7400 and an gtx 1060 3go and 8Go of ram. I think my config can be usefull. Thank you for your attention

I am doing a career with Williams and would like to install the mod for the Martini skin.
I was hoping to be able to alternate between the default skin and Martini skin (for the races that do not allow alcohol sponsors.)
From what I understand if you install a skin mod then the career save will still work but achievements will not.
So firstly is this correct as I don't want to trash my save (I will back it up, I think I've found the location). Secondly are the achievements gone forever. So if I say get pole with a mod it doesn't unlock but if I then remove the mod does it then pop or would I have to do it again.
Cheers in advance for any help.

Apparently I don't have the rights to post a new thread about this, so I'll just post it here! :)

I made a short(-ish...?) tutorial on how to change your career-mode helmet mode from the basic Arai to any of the other models in the game:

Anyone got idea on how are the texture files looking this year, if we are looking onto same style as last year or something even worse
based on a quick look at the paint files they seem worse, but as last year was extremely good it might not be bad. Impossible to really tell until we have wireframes

Does anyone know where I can find AI configuration files so I can edit them. Im doing real damage mod with punctures when car hit another you get puncture more easily and not just loose suspension. I realize that when I play simulation damage its working for me but AI have full damage mode so they dont get punctures. So need help to resolve this so I can do this mod in the end and share it

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 86 30.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 36 12.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%