F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

hello, I want to change the color for a livery but I don't understand how to use the colors for the paint_s.tif part.
Somebody has an idea how to find the right colors.

Attachments

• Finish Color Codes.png
    Finish Color Codes.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 444
I'm trying to change my visor for a player helmet and cannot figure this out.
I exported George Russell's visor and was just going to use this but after uploading through ERP in the same location as the helmet (I have a custom helmet modded into the 70 edition) nothing has changed in game. Not sure where else to look or try and adjust.
Thanks

Hi, no I haven't found a solution yet. I don't understand why. Something goes wrong with the decal layer. I think there is something wrong with the saving process in Photoshop with the Color
+ Alpha.
I haven't tried this myself but if they are just logos (and it should be blank elsewhere in the logo file) try saving with the following settings.

DDS file type

Color + Alpha
BC7 Fine
Auto Generate Mipmaps

These are the settings I use for numbers and emblems so they don't have a square behind them and the car shows through except for the number/emblem

Again if the logos don't need transparency behind them in the file this probably won't help.

Last edited:
Is it possible to replace an existing team in the my team mode. For example I want to replace Ferrari with a fictional team and run ferrari as my team ? Is it at all possible or it could only be done once the language files are released ?

Is it possible to replace an existing team in the my team mode. For example I want to replace Ferrari with a fictional team and run ferrari as my team ? Is it at all possible or it could only be done once the language files are released ?
I don't think that's possible at the moment. But as you said, it might be with the language file. However it seems that nobody really knows when Codies will launch them and with every patch released without it, I doubt that they will launch it at all :(

I'm trying to change my visor for a player helmet and cannot figure this out.
I exported George Russell's visor and was just going to use this but after uploading through ERP in the same location as the helmet (I have a custom helmet modded into the 70 edition) nothing has changed in game. Not sure where else to look or try and adjust.
Thanks
For the player helmet you need to change the visor here
F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2019\incardriver_f2.erp
and
F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2020\incardriver_classics.erp
and
F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2020\incardriver_f1.erp

I haven't tried this myself but if they are just logos (and it should be blank elsewhere in the logo file) try saving with the following settings.

DDS file type

Color + Alpha
BC7 Fine
Auto Generate Mipmaps

These are the settings I use for numbers and emblems so they don't have a square behind them and the car shows through except for the number/emblem

Again if the logos don't need transparency behind them in the file this probably won't help.
Same problem then
2020-08-28 (3).png

For the player helmet you need to change the visor here
F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2019\incardriver_f2.erp
and
F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2020\incardriver_classics.erp
and
F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2020\incardriver_f1.erp
Are you sure ?
I try this and did not work

Does anyone know a good technique for adding driver initials and number to the inside of the halo? I'd like to pull the 3D model apart but have no idea how or if thats the best way to do it. Any help would be much appreciated.,

Hi everyone, i try to make my first livery for the MyTeam mode. I want to recreate that car : a concept of Brawn GP by Sean Bull. I know how to place all the sponsors but i need help about the yellow lines, i don't know how to make them precisely.

I wanted to know if somebody had an advice for me :)
Have a good day.

ETj8Kb1XQAAgRa-.jpg

Does anyone know how to change the chassis a team uses? For example in F1 2019 people made the RP20 with the Mercedes chassis? I wanna make an Alpha Tauri with the Red Bull chassis

Hi everyone, i try to make my first livery for the MyTeam mode. I want to recreate that car : a concept of Brawn GP by Sean Bull. I know how to place all the sponsors but i need help about the yellow lines, i don't know how to make them precisely.

I wanted to know if somebody had an advice for me :)
Have a good day.

View attachment 402666
hello sir you looked like you know how to make liveries i have a question do you know how to make THe custom livery im making Ferrari matte or something similar to the ferrari and redbull stle color livery

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 305 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 329 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.9%
Back