F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Hi. I've just reinstalled both windows and f1. Not the first time I did it so my issue with ego erp is strange. Basically I have a very tiny preview of the textures in the archiver and then when I try to export it can't find the mipmaps. Any solution? I have already checked f1 files on steam and checked the last version of erp. Thanks

Hi. I've just reinstalled both windows and f1. Not the first time I did it so my issue with ego erp is strange. Basically I have a very tiny preview of the textures in the archiver and then when I try to export it can't find the mipmaps. Any solution? I have already checked f1 files on steam and checked the last version of erp. Thanks
Think you need to set the directory so it actually goes to the F1 game automatically.

That's what happens, when people do not bother to read Ego ERP overview page :D
If you have F1 2016/'17, make sure to set the directory from the Settings menu. Some textures in this game have mipmaps counterparts that get exported into a single dds.
Obviously it further counts for later games.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to change a sponsor on the Mercedes F1 car by modifying the decal_da file.

For example here, i tried to replace the Petronas logo by the Kaspersky logo :

with petronas.PNG

with kaspersky.PNG

As you can see I put the Kaspersky logo (a .png file) on the place where there was the Petronas one.

After that, I save the decal_da file :

DDS.PNG

After that, I replace the decal_da file correctly on the game files with Ego ERP Archiver, and I start my game, but the car appears like that :

1620997892859.png

We can see the Kaspersky logo at the back of the car on the wing but the car appears like that, fully lagged.

I think the problem comes from when i save with Intel Texture Work.

If someone has already got this problem / know how to change correctly a sponsor on the decal_da file, please help me !
Thanks

Hi everyone,

I wanted to change a sponsor on the Mercedes F1 car by modifying the decal_da file.

View attachment 474439

View attachment 474443

As you can see I put the Kaspersky logo (a .png file) on the place where there was the Petronas one.

View attachment 474451

After that, I replace the decal_da file correctly on the game files with Ego ERP Archiver, and I start my game, but the car appears like that :

View attachment 474456

We can see the Kaspersky logo at the back of the car on the wing but the car appears like that, fully lagged.

If someone has already got this problem / know how to change correctly a sponsor on the decal_da file, please help me !
Thanks
I know we need to create an Alpha Layer in black but i can't find any tutorial which explain how to do it clearly

Hi everyone,

View attachment 474439

View attachment 474443

View attachment 474451

View attachment 474456

Thanks
I think the compression must be DTX 5.

Last edited:
hey does anyone here know how to make custom N files in photoshop? i want to make one for my racesuit but dont know how, some help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot (504).png
    Screenshot (504).png
    979.7 KB · Views: 70
Sorry if that has been asked before but is there a way to change the colour code of the teams in the HUD? So for example change the pink from the Racing Point to Green or the white from Williams to blue?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 2.9%