F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

At this point I’m on the the next project. Trying to get a halo sticker on the halo to see in cockpit view. No luck without modular files. Do not want to use they

Hey everyone,

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to go if I want to tinker under the hood of MyTeam? My ultimate goal is to edit the resource points, etc of all teams - not just my personal team. Would also maybe like to find out how to disable regulation changes, or at least control their trigger (I.e. guarantee powertrain for what would be my 2026). Forgive me if it’s too far-fetched, total noob for modding so I could be just not Googling right.

Thanks in advance!

My game updated, and now my mods are gone or atleast not showing up in game. I was using just copy & paste mods for liverys but now they wont show up. Any workaround?
I ended up copying and pasting the folder again, overwriting what I had in there originally. I had my copy in my documents so just essentially re-pasted. Might be an easier way to do it but that’s what I did.

hi guys, i see a lot youtubers using alpha tauri/merc chassis and i want to ask yall how to change my team car chassis to one of those? im really tired of that chassis

I'm having trouble with exporting the sponsors template as it appears with a high opacity in-game (there should be a lot more sponsors in the nose), and I don't know if I'm exporting the psd template to dds with the wrong settings. I'm using the same settings as the paint colors decal. Can anyone tell me the right settings to export it?

Attachments

• 20230128214524_1.jpg
    20230128214524_1.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 1658238483811-png.png
    1658238483811-png.png
    22 KB · Views: 100
hi guys, i see a lot youtubers using alpha tauri/merc chassis and i want to ask yall how to change my team car chassis to one of those? im really tired of that chassis
There is a modular mods chassis swap made my Maian I think. He is the one who published most of the modular mods this year, so check out his profile

I'm having trouble with exporting the sponsors template as it appears with a high opacity in-game (there should be a lot more sponsors in the nose), and I don't know if I'm exporting the psd template to dds with the wrong settings. I'm using the same settings as the paint colors decal. Can anyone tell me the right settings to export it?
have you create an alpha layer on the sponsor texture before saving it ?

I wanted to change decals on Alfa livery using modular files and I noticed that both numbers have this weird background. I know it's not big but is there any solution to this?

Attachments

• obraz_2023-02-05_113726982-min-min.png
    obraz_2023-02-05_113726982-min-min.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 69
how do you properly export decals? I always has this weird black background and sometimes white only happens to me on redbull chassis tho didn't happen to me with mercs chassis

Does anyone know if there’s a way to affect the simulated ai times? For example, if I use a mod that will slow the cars down a little bit, it works fine when in the session and ai lap times are comparable to mine. However, if I do a flying lap or retire from a session or something that makes the ai simulate their times, they are almost 1.5-2 seconds faster. Obviously this can be mitigated by never simulating but was just wondering if there is a specific erp file or place that I also need to change besides the performance erp files in modular mods.

Last edited:
hi everyone, I can't figure out what the problem is. I decided to change the sponsors in the mod that I downloaded. and here it is. PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

• gO3xj6-KtKk.jpg
    gO3xj6-KtKk.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 96
you mean - merge into one layer?
yes to make it easier and select the pixels or basically select every decals you have and just watch some yt on how to add alpha layer cause I can't really explain it easier that should work if you have problems you can send it to me l'll do it for you

Last edited:
yes to make it easier and select the pixels or basically select every decals you have and just watch some yt on how to add alpha layer cause I can't really explain it easier that should work if you have problems you can send it to me l'll do it for you
Bro, I'm terribly sorry. if there is an opportunity, you can film how you do it. it's just that my English is VERY bad, and I didn't understand a little what you wanted to say. I apologize wildly once again

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 465 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back