F1C 99-02 NASCAR Manager - Pre Season Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Milos Ancevski There isn't a way to get rolling starts? As standing starts in nascar are a bit unrealistic
I was also thinking of making the AI driver actually race but exclude his from the standings. lol

regarding start stalls there is a value of 0.2% I have put for each driver to stall. It only happened to a real driver once, to an OMR driver in a test race

I might have found a way to allow more than 17 teams (which I knew was possible, just didn't know how :p)

which also removes the AI driver. But more importantly I might allow 3 driver grids for season 1 (then again, that's a lot of cars..)

oh also, this means you can choose any manufacter you want, without limitations (for season 1, not now :p)
--
another thing I found out about might allow car upgrades. Meaning even more confusion than we have now.

I'll do a bit of testing today, if it works out, we could have an exciting season 1! :D

And, finally, the part that I was much more happy about (as a moderator), is I have found a way to rename drvers in-game (yes, that's why I never showed an in-game picture! :D). So now I can do in-game screenshots for quali (or race :D), and from GP4 F1, I see you guys are not bothered much about that.

Car updates for S1 - Confirmed.

Gotta check the other 2 still. First test with renamed driver names was a crash, but I only renamed the Chevy constructors. Probably because of double driver names then.

If it does work though, then more than 17 teams :D
--
I also plan on bringing teams with multiple drivers (ex. 1 team has 1 guy while another one has 4). But I want to keep the lineups from pre-season for season 1, so that thought will definetly be in for S2.

EDIT: With car updates, another idea I had was that different manufacters were improving their cars over the course of the season. Other thought was that a manager puts his money into R&D, and if it works, he could profit well out of it, and even sell the parts to other managers for loads of money

And yes the race was that boring that I took testing rather than really watching it. :D

I'm doing no buys.

Regarding car updates, I don't like the idea. This is NASCAR, teams aren't allowed to develop their car other than doing setup work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%