rF2 F3.5 2014 @ Poznan - Mon 16th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Im so angry with myself. I promised that i would take it easy and endure 30 minutes of race at my own speed. And what do i do... I use DRS in the last corner and forget to push the brake to disable it. I went straight into the wall and got suspension damage. I tried to continue but the car was undrivable and i endangered you other guys on the track. Maybe i should stick to slower cars... like golf carts. ;)

Im so angry with myself. I promised that i would take it easy and endure 30 minutes of race at my own speed. And what do i do... I use DRS in the last corner and forget to push the brake to disable it. I went straight into the wall and got suspension damage. I tried to continue but the car was undrivable and i endangered you other guys on the track. Maybe i should stick to slower cars... like golf carts. ;)
Daniel,
The main thing was that you were there and you raced and in doing so got experience.
The DRS button will also toggle it off as well as on, you don't have to use the brake.

It was a fun race. I did my habitual thing of racing better than I qualified. Or maybe qualified worse than I raced. I had 2 big spins in sector 2 but luckily ended up undamaged. 1st one put me behind Daniel so we raced till he had a big oversteer moment exiting T 3.
Then I caught Aleksey when he had an off. He pushed me hard till he had a big one at final corner whick looked like he needed to pit.
Despite being a lap down after the stop he raced on which I respect.
Simon wanted to lap me but with 2 spins I was +58 sec so I avoided that by about 17 sec.
This is not one of my best tracks so +2 sec /lap on race pace to Simon is ok for me.
I hope we do some more with this car.
Thanks all and see you soon.
Thanks to to Gijs for setting it up.

It was a nice qualy and a relative lonely race.

Had a nice qualy battle with @Dewald Nel.

The first half lap was a very nice battle with @Dewald Nel again. The he quit and my only target was to catch David. But he improved his pace to much. Maybe i should not share my setup with him :D
It was a nice setup Simon. I want to study it to work out why it is so fast!! So thanks

It was a nice qualy and a relative lonely race.

Had a nice qualy battle with @Dewald Nel.

The first half lap was a very nice battle with @Dewald Nel again. The he quit and my only target was to catch David. But he improved his pace to much. Maybe i should not share my setup with him :D

LOL I had to quit, what with missing wings and wheels and all, after hitting the wall coming out of the last turn. ;)

Couldn't see half of the track. Was mine the only game where the track was so dark? First time I've raced the track, but all other tracks I usually see all the turns and kerbs, except this one.

Was a good quali battle, but I suck at hotlaps. The race would've been interesting I think, had I completed more than 0.9 laps. But you were quite quick. ;)

EDIT: Also not too impressed with 10 sign-ups and then only 5 turning up. And I'm only referring to those who didn't sign out beforehand. :thumbsdown:

Then we have something in common. I also suck at hotlaps :D. But i like the track.

For me the track looks fine. Not to dark not to bright just perfect ;).

@David O'Reilly: It was again such a quick setup draft and has a bit to much understeer which ruins the front tires to much over the distance. Or maybe i just pushed a bit to much trying to catch you :cool:

@Simon Christmann yes it was a little understeery but had excellent rear grip.
That helped at final turn (T14) where you could go flat with no risk of oversteer and in exit of T4 where in my setup I really had to manage oversteer. So it was one where you could really push. I didnt suffer much on front tyre wear. Yellow @ 2/3 distance but not bad.
I did a setup with more front grip and it turned in very well but was tricky on several corner exits.
This is a car on which I will enjoy playing with and learning more on setups!
@Dewald Nel yes its a shame when we expect 10 and get 5 drivers. It just adds so much when its a bigger grid.

EDIT: Also not too impressed with 10 sign-ups and then only 5 turning up. And I'm only referring to those who didn't sign out beforehand. :thumbsdown:

We have noticed it happens to much lately. And it's ruining the community we're building.

I'm not mad at people who sign up and have to sign out.
But if it happens to much, it's a lack of respect to your fellow drivers. (Do not treat them as AI.)

For example: If you join a football club and you are unable to go to the weekly practice. it's best you are out...
We don't ask for any weekly commitment. Only if you sign up, you show up.
And yes, **** happens and you can't make it, there is the option to sign out.
But if it happens to much! It's best you are out... :(.

Anyway, See you next time. ;)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 110 69.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages