Fanatec DD firmware update hanging

Guys, I'm doing a firmware update on my DD, V3 pedals and F1 wheel, and it is stuck showing the egg timer on the screen and a flashing 'CAL' message on the wheel - no instructions, buttons unresponsive, nothing

Any ideas?

Les

The wheel would not respond to anything. In the end, I just had to go for a complete power off cycle and hope that I had not bricked the lot. Luckily for me that did the job, although it had not finished updating the firmware. I got the firmware to complete, but I won't lie, I was sweating until it was all satisfactorily done and all working correctly. That wasn't a pleasant half hour wondering if all my expensive was just a doorstop now....

Les

I am in the same situation with the CSL DD ready to race bundle. Do you think I should hold down the power button until it turns off? Should I try to quit the stuck Fanatec Firmware Manager "please wait...." program first?
When I tried to close it, it said "Premature exit warning: Existing in the middle of an automatic update procedure is not recommended! Are you sure you want to exit now?"

update..
i force quit it. Windows asked me if I wanted to allow "fanatec driver" or something like that to make modifications. I said yes. The Fanatec control panel app appeared and said the wheel base and wheel base motor (but not the quick release firmware) were up to date.

Last edited:
i am now stuck in the firmware update "please wait" screen, on driver (455) only had the wheel delivered today, installed update to the base and that was fine, had trouble updating wireless, but then it did, now just updating button module, and thats what it is stuck on after attaching the wheel, it got to 100% and then just says please wait. been like that for 30 minutes. had trouble also detecting the wheel initially after update, had to restart base.

UPDATE: I cancelled the firmware update after waiting around 50 minutes, a popup box came up and warned me. then I restarted the wheel, the podium button module, had updated and is now on latest firmware, which fixed the control mouse, and the display communication. it was initially on v8, and now its on v24. the xbox hub updated after without a problem. also now the wheel base doesn't have a problem detecting the wheel like it initially did.

UPDATE 2: when I initially got the base setup, things were not working like they should, which lead me to update. initially the hub wouldn't detect the wheel without a restart and searching online I found that shouldn't be the case, and the mouse control I set to the analogue stick on the podium kept moving the mouse upwards without touching it. The update fixed all that. further through using the wheel no problems happened apart from noticing the fanatec app crashing on me.

well thats me done, will update this if I need to, but I think everything works fine apart from the fanatec app which occasionally crashes.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.7%