Fanatec V3 Gas Pedal Squeak

The gas pedal on my V3's has developed a really annoying squeak. I've tried greasing the points indicated by Fanatec without disassembling to no avail. Think the squeak is originating from the block attached to the back of the pedal but may be from the roller underneath. Will try giving both areas a concentrated hit of Hornady OneShot (the best lubricant and rust preventative I've ever come across), but wondering if there is an area I'm missing - have greased the spring, rod, the sides of both blocks, the edges of where the blocks meet the pedal and rod in the back, etc.

May end up taking it apart regardless as I want to install the heavier spring. If so, then will re-grease all metal-to-metal touchpoint.

EDIT: OneShot did the trick. Sprayed the the top edges of the block connected to the pedal using the nozzle straw. Made sure enough went down into the gap on each side where the block slides against the pedal. Squeak gone (for now).

Last edited:
Thanks for the EDIT!
My V3 throttle is starting to squeak sometimes, but only when doing a quick stomp with my foot, never when I try to find the root of it by hand.
So it has to be something that can get a bit "stuck" when putting pressure on it.

So either the rod into the block that's furthest away from you or the connection of the rod into the pedal plate's rear.
The rod is well lubricated and has some play, so probably not squeaking, but the connection at the pedal's rear seems to be quite tight and has to take straight side-pressure when stomping on it.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 278 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 289 38.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 272 36.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 177 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 283 37.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 94 12.4%