AC FAT-ALFIE championship multiclass round 5@Battenberging, Wed 13th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I don't seem to have a lot of the options you see. Am I missing something? Is there an "advanced settings" switch? I'm running CSP 0.2.1-preview2
Ilja has hidden a lot of the CSP settings. For Lighting FX check the file ..assettocorsa\extension\config\lighting_fx.ini, and you'll see that most of the Basic-settings have ;; hidden after them.

Last edited:
I don't seem to have a lot of the options you see. Am I missing something? Is there an "advanced settings" switch? I'm running CSP 0.2.1-preview2

View attachment 713335

I think headlight "wideness" setting has moved to the "Increase range outside:" I have mine cracked up to 210 for our races with night. Seems to offer a similar result from the previous CSP versions i think

I'm joining the race tonight, and I apologize for not having said it before, but last championship race I had big problems in the day / night transition. Also, my mic seemed not to work and while I was hearing you, I couldn't ask for advice.
The day/night transition during my race happened several times (SEVERAL), at the beginning with super short nights and longer days, then in the end with the proportion reversed. What was I doing wrong? Do I have to check something special in my settings to make sure that it's not happening this evening as well?

And as a side note, my VR crashed again during the race so I had to drive the last couple of laps with the visor on my hips and looking ad the monitor which was 50 cm on the side, and with the view askew and not centered. If anyone wondered what the hell I was doing during those laps... I swear I wasn't drunk! Luckily I have been able not to ruin anyone's race but this thing of the VR constantly crashing is starting to become frustrating, plus I don't know where to start to troubleshoot it.
Thinking about racing on the monitor this evening..

@maxilogan the weather is "supposed" to fix itself, but also exiting and rejoining the server as the 2min countdown starts when we get placed on the grid will fix it.

I don't chance it and just leave and rejoin quickly when it switches to race countdown. Only takes 30s at most for me.

Just don't forget to save and reload your setup when rejoining
Thank you Robert! I always fear that then I would have to start from pits or from last position.. Oh wait, I anyway usually start last :roflmao: so no worries

Same for me, once I trusted Han that "it would fix itself" and was rewarded with "flash bang sunrises" twice a lap for 3/4 of Deutschlandring. (actually I was wary, but took a chance. It might work for most drivers, I personally won´run the risk again :mad:)

Sorry to hear about your VR troubles, better have "plan m(onitor) right in front of you from the beginning when "the joys of VR " show their ugly face again.

@all check your fuel usage, even more WOT than on Feldberg Ring.
I´m taking two extra liters for safety, it´s now joke to fiddle with the pit menue on this track :O_o:

@maxilogan the weather is "supposed" to fix itself, but also exiting and rejoining the server as the 2min countdown starts when we get placed on the grid will fix it.

I don't chance it and just leave and rejoin quickly when it switches to race countdown. Only takes 30s at most for me.

Also, when you reload your setup check the pit strategy has loaded. I did a quit and restart in a recent race, reloaded my setup but found out (after 3 pitstops with no fuel happening) that the strategy was missing. Cost me a full lap in the end. :(

If you activate the Time of Day app
1702494932624.png

you can the virtual time of our race. When moving from qually to race you will first see the tim counting down fast towards a few minutes past 8.00. When it's there it will start counting upwards in a slower pace.
This can take up to 2 minutes in total in which your computer will be synchronized with the server.
But you can also quit en rejoin to speed up the process.

pass word?
Hi Brian,

This is a championshiprace for which you had to register.
To do that, you need an Emperor account which I can provide if you're planning to join more of our club races. For this one it's too late but we have several club races every week. See: https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/racing-club.671/?prefix_id=250 for that.

You're very welcome if you want to join in the future. So please let me know so I can send you the Emperor credentials and other important information.

Hope to see you on track!

Sorry guys that I left but first after getting stuck in a fence which made me teleport to the pits with 1 lap and 35 seconds penalty and afterwards several offs and a painful tooth, I decided to quit.
You can imagine that the painful tooth boosted my irritation level.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Hi Brian,

This is a championshiprace for which you had to register.
To do that, you need an Emperor account which I can provide if you're planning to join more of our club races. For this one it's too late but we have several club races every week. See: https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/racing-club.671/?prefix_id=250 for that.

You're very welcome if you want to join in the future. So please let me know so I can send you the Emperor credentials and other important information.

Hope to see you on track!
Hi Brian, I saw that you took the last spot.
I will PM you the password for the Wednesday events.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 401 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 253 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 270 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.9%
Back