Favorite Car/Track and FFB Settings?

I know that it's still really early, but there is lots to sort thru and experiment with in AMS2 Beta. So, I thought that it might be useful to share our favorite car and track so far, along with FFB settings for our controllers.

FWIW - I'll start.....

I've been enjoying running the Caterham around Imola. My controller is a TS PC-Racer and my settings (at least for now) are: Gain=45; Low Force Boost=35; FX=25 and Menu Spring Strength=0. From what I've read, "Flavour" is immaterial (at least for now).

So what about you?

Caterham 620r around Red Bull ring. Just had some great racing.

This is a good idea for a thread, I’m finding the car / track combo is quite hit and miss, similar to pcars2 in that sense.

All the tracks are close to perfect.

Cars are still being tweaked. Most of the default set-ups are close (but are being adjusted). Many cars need base FFB strength adjustments to bring them all in line with each other (something Reiza has always done extremely well). The purpose of the beta is for us (with every possible hardware combination) to help them do that. If you are expecting this to all be done prior to the beta, you have missed the point.

None of the cars is out-of-whack on basic physics issues like some of the PC2 cars. No car is affected by magical curbs that grab your vehicle. No car flies off the track at the slightest incidence of aquaplaning. Etc.

I love the idea of this thread, but it is premature. All it will reveal are the vehicles that are closer to finished/polished state. Instead of driving those, we're supposed to be helping identify the issues with the ones that are not fully polished (yet).

All the tracks are close to perfect.

Cars are still being tweaked. Most of the default set-ups are close (but are being adjusted). Many cars need base FFB strength adjustments to bring them all in line with each other (something Reiza has always done extremely well). The purpose of the beta is for us (with every possible hardware combination) to help them do that. If you are expecting this to all be done prior to the beta, you have missed the point.

None of the cars is out-of-whack on basic physics issues like some of the PC2 cars. No car is affected by magical curbs that grab your vehicle. No car flies off the track at the slightest incidence of aquaplaning. Etc.

I love the idea of this thread, but it is premature. All it will reveal are the vehicles that are closer to finished/polished state. Instead of driving those, we're supposed to be helping identify the issues with the ones that are not fully polished (yet).

Hmm yeah, but with respect, if we’ve paid £100, surely we can share good combos so that we can enjoy what we’ve bought?

I want Reiza to succeed and I’m happy to help, but I want to have some fun in exchange for the price I’ve paid.

If Reiza were paying me, I’d totally agree with you!

Hmm yeah, but with respect, if we’ve paid £100, surely we can share good combos so that we can enjoy what we’ve bought?

I want Reiza to succeed and I’m happy to help, but I want to have some fun in exchange for the price I’ve paid.

If Reiza were paying me, I’d totally agree with you!

As the OP of this thread, I fully understand Marc's point, but you 100% hit on my motivation for starting the thread.

FWIW - I don't feel that I have enough knowledge or expertise to determine which car's default set-up is "off" or whether Reiza needs to adjust FFB baseline strength. I just want to enjoy what I already have. But there are too many car/track combos (even currently) for me to check each one individually. So, I thought it would be a good idea to share which ones we like best - currently. I think that we all understand that those favorites will change as we approach - and even after - retail release..

Formula 3 around brands hatch. And do yourself a favour and do a practice session before the race with cold tyres. The feeling of the tyres warming up increasing grip levels is the best ever. Also, had a quick race today and soneone crashed into me and my car lost some performance which made me finish mid pack. Super cool!

Also, the Caterham 620r is super good. Both these cars feel "finished" despite some minor issues (too much front grip and oversteer too snapy).

And I like the Super V8 though I am unsure if it is correct as of yet. It is like a drift machine atm.

Cars i would avoid atm are the Formula V10, V12, Extreme and the Lancer Evo R.

Those cars still need a lot of work.

I really enjoyed the Super V8 around VIR. As someone else mentioned, it is a huge handful, but I found it to be huge fun too :D

For slower cars I really like the Copa Classics (Puma GTE) also!

I hope people that aren't familiar with it give VIR a shot, I think it is one of the best tracks North America has to offer.

Formula trainer at Cascavel and at Imola. Good racing and hard to take this little formulas at the limit. I mean, in general I like a lot the feeling and the car's behaviour of formula trainer, very sincere and direct on what is happening to your tires, whatever track you pick up.

So far, I like the Formula3 cars, P4 class and Caterham 620 but, the SC V8 is coming along nicely too. I have yet to try a lot of the tracks but, I like those I have. Londrina, Cascavel, Ibarra and Guapore are among my favorites from AMS1 and they look and drive great in AMS2.

So far, I like the Formula3 cars, P4 class and Caterham 620 but, the SC V8 is coming along nicely too. I have yet to try a lot of the tracks but, I like those I have. Londrina, Cascavel, Ibarra and Guapore are among my favorites from AMS1 and they look and drive great in AMS2.
I think the SC v8 is amongst my favourites now. That and the sprinter (though i still feel the sprinter too attached to the ground in the rear sometimes).

I think the SC v8 is amongst my favourites now. That and the sprinter (though i still feel the sprinter too attached to the ground in the rear sometimes).
Yes, I think the Sprinter could be really fun but, it seems a bit too planted as it is now. It's early days and there's a long way to go but, I'm very encouraged with what Reiza is accomplishing so far.

Interesting lot's of reply but nobody answers the actual question.....

Car / Track combo: ARJ ( Chevy ) @ Montreal ;) Not the easiest but rewarding when you get it right.

FFB: ( T300 )

Gain: 63
Low Force: 20
FX: 21 ( Doesn't seem to make Any difference. )
Center Spring: 8 ( Maybe in my head but feels tighter. )

Guys, Have you tried the Roco 001 yet? That thing is [expletive] [expletive] like diving head first [expletive] [expletive] and the bouncing up and down on [expletive] [expletive] while at the same time [expletive] [expletive] [expletive] while wearing a top hat and singing God save the Queen!

It is very good is what I want to say.

there are many cars that i love, mostly Formula V12, Formula Reiza and others, but today i had a lot of fun with this combo, MCR S2000 at Brands Hatch, weather from cloudy to thunderstorm in 10 laps, hope you enjoy the video. look at the lap on slicks in the rain and at the pit stop guys :)
ffb, gain 80 for this car (90-100 for open wheelers) minimum force 30 on my G29 and fx 50

Last edited:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 278 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 288 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 271 35.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 176 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 283 37.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 94 12.5%